Benicar and Gout - from FDA reports
Gout is found among people who take Benicar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Lasix, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Gout with Benicar. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,763 people who have side effects when taking Benicar from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
19,763 people reported to have side effects when taking Benicar.
Among them, 123 people (0.62%) have Gout
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Benicar when people have Gout *:
- < 1 month: 11.11 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 11.11 %
- 1 - 2 years: 22.22 %
- 2 - 5 years: 33.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 11.11 %
- 10+ years: 11.11 %
Gender of people who have Gout when taking Benicar *:
- female: 59.26 %
- male: 40.74 %
Age of people who have Gout when taking Benicar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.85 %
- 40-49: 3.85 %
- 50-59: 14.1 %
- 60+: 78.21 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (13 people, 10.57%)
- Paget's Disease (12 people, 9.76%)
- Fluid Retention (12 people, 9.76%)
- Diabetes (11 people, 8.94%)
- Osteoporosis (10 people, 8.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (39 people, 31.71%)
- Allopurinol (30 people, 24.39%)
- Synthroid (28 people, 22.76%)
- Protonix (24 people, 19.51%)
- Aredia (22 people, 17.89%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Anaemia (32 people, 26.02%)
- Joint Pain (31 people, 25.20%)
- Diarrhea (31 people, 25.20%)
- Oedema Peripheral (30 people, 24.39%)
- Pain (29 people, 23.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Gout when taking Benicar?
- Check symptoms - is gout caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsGout and drugs with ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGout and Benicar from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Benicar has active ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Benicar 21,284 users)
Gout (uric acid crystals building up in the body) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, gout, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 25,564 Gout patients).
Browse all side effects of Benicara b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with GoutGout
Could your condition cause GoutGout
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking Humira for three years. I am now experiencing gout and tendinitis. I do not eat any of the foods that normally cause gout or drink alcohol often. Anyone else experiencing this with Humira
User reviews to the study
77 yrs old and taking 20mg Benicar nightly for 3-4 years. Changed to 10mg every other night with 20 mg on the alternate nights. Noticed immediately significant lessening of constipation and reduced tiredness.
Hi, new to this. Third cardioversion, and they put me on xeralto. within a month, terrible pain in my right ankle. Like a sword run through it and still in it. I had previoiusly cut out meat, I don't drink. I lost 10 pounds quickly to stave off another afib. I hadn't been drinking much ...
Age 80 Have taken Xarelto for 6 months for AFIB. About a month ago, began with gout attacks left big to then right big toe... three days. Break of a week between. Now a continued attack that hasn't let up for six days. No change in usual healthy diet. No alcohol, nominal amts red meats and ...