Review: could Benicar cause Nausea?
Summary: Nausea is found among people who take Benicar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Benicar hct, and have High blood pressure.
We study 12,907 people who have side effects while taking Benicar from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,049 have Nausea. Find out below who they are, when they have Nausea and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Benicar and have Nausea >>>
Benicar has active ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 13,759 Benicar users)
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, quit smoking, depression, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 264,835 Nausea patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 12,907 people reported to have side effects when taking Benicar. Among them, 1,049 people (8.13%) have Nausea.
Time on Benicar when people have Nausea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Nausea when taking Benicar * :
Age of people who have Nausea when taking Benicar * :
Severity of Nausea when taking Benicar ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Nausea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (324 people, 30.89%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (91 people, 8.67%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (69 people, 6.58%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (62 people, 5.91%)
- Osteoporosis (60 people, 5.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Benicar hct (208 people, 19.83%)
- Aspirin (208 people, 19.83%)
- Lipitor (148 people, 14.11%)
- Nexium (141 people, 13.44%)
- Synthroid (129 people, 12.30%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of benicar and nausea on
Do you have Nausea while taking Benicar?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Benicar and have Nausea
- support group for people who take Benicar
- support group for people who have Nausea
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zofran, Levocetirizine Dihydrochloride, Mono-linyah, Plaquenil, Hyoscyami Folium, Nexium, Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 21-year old woman with Nausea, Allergies, Birth Control, Lupus, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Acid Reflux, Chronic Depression, Anxiety. The patient has Pleuritic Pain, Fatigue - Chronic, Lupus, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Nausea
- A study of side effects of Plan B One-step for a 16-year old girl with Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive. The patient has Nausea, Bladder Discomfort, Uti - Acute, Breast Tenderness
- A study of side effects of Zyflo Cr for a 34-year old woman with Sinusitis Chronic. The patient has Constipation, Nausea
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a 55-year old woman with Pain. The patient has Raynaud's Phenomenon, Nausea, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Prilosec Otc for a 51-year old woman with Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Insomnia Exacerbated, Nausea, Weight Gain, Excessive Hunger
Recent Benicar related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Avapro, Olmetec for a 55-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Diovan, Cozaar, Benicar, Avapro for a 62-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Benicar, Losartan, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Bystolic for a 71-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Cozaar, Benicar for a 75-year old woman who has Hypertension - Essential
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Losartan Potassium, Valsartan for a 70-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.