Review: could Benicar cause Nausea?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 6, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 12,837 people who take Benicar. Among them, 1,048 have Nausea. See who they are, when they have Nausea and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Benicar (latest outcomes from 13,691 users) has active ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure, blood pressure management. Commonly reported side effects of Benicar include nausea aggravated, nausea, dizziness, high blood pressure, dizziness aggravated.
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) (latest reports from 1,858,201 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, quit smoking, high blood pressure, depression, pain.
On Mar, 6, 2014: 12,286 people reported to have side effects when taking Benicar. Among them, 1,048 people (8.53%) have Nausea.
Time on Benicar when people have Nausea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Nausea when taking Benicar * :
Age of people who have Nausea when taking Benicar * :
Severity of Nausea when taking Benicar ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Nausea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (324 people, 30.92%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (91 people, 8.68%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (69 people, 6.58%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (62 people, 5.92%)
- Osteoporosis (60 people, 5.73%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Benicar hct (208 people, 19.85%)
- Aspirin (208 people, 19.85%)
- Lipitor (148 people, 14.12%)
- Nexium (141 people, 13.45%)
- Synthroid (129 people, 12.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Benicar, Nausea
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Benicar (olmesartan medoxomil) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Benicar is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Benicar used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Benicar side effects from A to Z:
Browse Benicar drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
It is too many symptoms to list. The mentioned are the symptoms I have right now.
From this study (1 year ago):
Also take Synthroid, Dexilant, atenolol, Tradjenta and Ventolin inhaler. Butalbital, prn and phenergan, prn
From this study (4 years ago):
diagnoised 1996, surgery + carboplatin/taxol(12)
1997 - second look surgery, high dose chemo (cisplatin,cytoxin,thiotepa) -stemcell rescue,
recurrance 2001- taxol + stint in ureter
recurrance 2003 carboplatin(6) + telcyta(9) - clinical trial stable then tumor began growing
2005 stable as managed with Lupron, Femora
2008 tumor began growing - sugery + Doxil(24)
2010 Taxol/Carboplatin(4 to date with significant response)
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Benicar, Nausea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
- Hair loss, no elevated mood or depression, nausea, tiredness
Due to hair loss I switched over to Morphine. The hair loss goes on. While taking Tramadol for 5 month I've already lost 2/3 of my long and thick hair. In about 3 month I'll be bold - as a woman.
Tramadol elevated my mood. Morphine doesn't. It might even depress me - who knows? Taking 60mg at onc ...
More reviews for: Benicar, Nausea
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Flagyl, Azithromycin, Tetracycline Hydrochloride, Amoxicillin, Xenical, Chia Seed, R-lipoic Acid, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, A-Beta-Carotene, B Complex Vitamin, Ginkgo Biloba, Milk Thistle, Lutein, Quercetin-3-rutinoside, Rutin, Magnesium Malate, Spirulina Blue-green Algae, Curcumin, CoQ-10, Chanca Piedra, Ribose, Yam, Chlorella, Fluconazole, Vivitrol, Garlic, NAC, Natural DHEA, Zyrtec, Theo-dur, Olmetec for a patient with Candidiasis, Borreliosis, Helicobacter Pylori Antibody Positive, Central Obesity, Fatigue - Chronic, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cognitive Deterioration, Immune Response, Hot Flashes, Constipation, Pain, Hormone Level Abnormal, Allergy To Chemicals, Asthma, Hypertension. The patient has Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Disturbance In Attention, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Obesity, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Fatigue, Nausea, Chest Pain
- A study of side effects of Benicar for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- A study of drug interactions between Taxol, Carboplatin, Benadryl, Neulasta, Dexamethasone, Benicar, Claritin, Motrin, Darvocet for a patient with Ovarian Epithelial Cancer Recurrent, Premedication, White Blood Cell Count Abnormal, High Blood Pressure, Allergy To Plants, Pain - Joints. The patient has Anaemia, Neuropathy Peripheral, Nausea, Nodule On Extremity, Constipation, Diarrhoea (Diarrhea)
More related studies for: Benicar, Nausea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.