Home > Benicar > Renal failure > Benicar and Renal failure
Review: could Benicar cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
We study 12,892 people who have side effects while taking Benicar from FDA and social media. Among them, 332 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Benicar and have Renal failure >>>
Benicar (latest outcomes from 13,741 users) has active ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) (latest reports from 427,622 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 12,892 people reported to have side effects when taking Benicar. Among them, 332 people (2.58%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Benicar when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||21.21%||18.18%||3.03%||15.15%||12.12%||27.27%||3.03% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Benicar * :
|Renal failure||61.49%||38.51% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Benicar * :
|Renal failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.35%||3.37%||9.09%||26.60%||59.60% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Benicar ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Renal failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (98 people, 29.52%)
- Multiple myeloma (49 people, 14.76%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (35 people, 10.54%)
- Fatigue (31 people, 9.34%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (20 people, 6.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (89 people, 26.81%)
- Aspirin (84 people, 25.30%)
- Toprol-xl (71 people, 21.39%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (69 people, 20.78%)
- Zoloft (63 people, 18.98%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Benicar?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Benicar and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Benicar
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Benicar, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
- Libido decreased with erectile dysfunction by using olmesartan 20 mg. daily
Libido decreased with erectile dysfunction by using Olmesartan 20 mg. daily.
Other related / associated conditions : anxiety and work stress
More reviews for: Benicar, Renal failure
On eHealthMe, Benicar (olmesartan medoxomil) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below the conditions Benicar is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Benicar used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Benicar, Renal failure
Recent Benicar related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Benicar, Renal failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (1 hour ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (1 hour ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- High Blood Cholesterol and Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (4 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (5 hours ago)
- Post Splenectomy Syndrome
- Anal Fistula
- Lithium Overdose
- Clobetasol Propionate