Benicar and Renal failure - from FDA reports
Renal failure is found among people who take Benicar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Benicar Hct, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Renal failure with Benicar. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,763 people who have side effects when taking Benicar from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 26, 2017
19,763 people reported to have side effects when taking Benicar.
Among them, 574 people (2.9%) have Renal failure
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Benicar when people have Renal failure *:
- < 1 month: 6.14 %
- 1 - 6 months: 12.28 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.89 %
- 1 - 2 years: 14.04 %
- 2 - 5 years: 21.05 %
- 5 - 10 years: 35.09 %
- 10+ years: 3.51 %
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Benicar *:
- female: 61.36 %
- male: 38.64 %
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Benicar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.27 %
- 30-39: 3.5 %
- 40-49: 9.55 %
- 50-59: 26.43 %
- 60+: 59.24 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (39 people, 6.79%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (38 people, 6.62%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (28 people, 4.88%)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (28 people, 4.88%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (20 people, 3.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Benicar Hct (96 people, 16.72%)
- Lasix (93 people, 16.20%)
- Aspirin (63 people, 10.98%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (56 people, 9.76%)
- Protonix (54 people, 9.41%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Malabsorption (204 people, 35.54%)
- Stress And Anxiety (108 people, 18.82%)
- Pain (107 people, 18.64%)
- Anaemia (100 people, 17.42%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (90 people, 15.68%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Renal failure when taking Benicar?
- Check symptoms - is renal failure caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsRenal failure and drugs with ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeRenal failure and Benicar from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Benicar has active ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Benicar 21,284 users)
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, pain (latest reports from 87,300 Renal failure patients).
Browse all side effects of Benicara b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Renal failureRenal failure
Could your condition cause Renal failureRenal failure
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello guys, My name is favour i'm 39 male I have been using dexamethasone(tablets) with Cyproheptadine(caplet), i was too skinny and i needed to add up some flesh and based on a friend's advice i started taking one caplet of Cyproheptadine daily and 1mg of dexacortin(dexamethasone) , in no ...
when metformin was used for my diabetes my complete metabolic panel was normal but sitagliptin was added and my kidney function started getting abnormal. I stopped taking metformin per my md and 3months later my kidney functions got worse. lactic acid level also went up.
User reviews to the study
77 yrs old and taking 20mg Benicar nightly for 3-4 years. Changed to 10mg every other night with 20 mg on the alternate nights. Noticed immediately significant lessening of constipation and reduced tiredness.
I have Narcolepsy and my kidney function has dropped from 47 to 40 in three weeks. Anything I can do to help my kidney function improve or protect my kidneys when using stimulants. All I do is sleep around the clock when I don't medicate