Review: could Benicar cause Seizure disorder (Epilepsy)?
Summary: Seizure disorder is reported only by a few people who take Benicar.
We study 12,894 people who have side effects while taking Benicar from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Seizure disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Seizure disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Benicar and have Seizure disorder >>>
Benicar has active ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Benicar 13,745 users)
Seizure disorder (disease of seizure related) has been reported by people with epilepsy, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, convulsion.(latest reports from Seizure disorder 36,528 patients)
On Dec, 19, 2014: 12,894 people reported to have side effects when taking Benicar. Among them, 3 people (0.02%) have Seizure Disorder.
Time on Benicar when people have Seizure disorder * :
Gender of people who have Seizure disorder when taking Benicar * :
|Seizure disorder||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Seizure disorder when taking Benicar * :
|Seizure disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Seizure disorder when taking Benicar ** :
How people recovered from Seizure disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (3 people, 100.00%)
- Respiratory tract infection (2 people, 66.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clarithromycin (2 people, 66.67%)
- Sotalol hcl (2 people, 66.67%)
- Dilantin (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Seizure Disorder while taking Benicar?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Benicar and have Seizure Disorder
- support group for people who take Benicar
- support group for people who have Seizure Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What is the sugar content of hydroxyzine syrup? how will it interact with the ketogenic diet for seizure disorder?
(Asked by a 18 year old boy who has Seizure Disorder)
Son is starting the ketogenic diet again after having been successful and seizure free for 13 years. Seizures are creeping back in so we are staring the diet again. Hydroxyzine is the only med that might have an interaction because it is a liquid syrup. I can't find anything that tells me the sug ...
- Can lamictal cause false positive pcp drug screen
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Lamictal Xr)
I had a rapid urine drug screen for new employment and it shows positive for PCP. I have never taken or even seen PCP. I am so embarrassed and mortified. Needless to say my urine has been sent to a lab to see if it can rule out false positive results. I called my neurologist and my Pharmacist an ...
- Does nexplanon have nickel in it?
(Asked by a 20 year old woman who has Nickel Allergy , Epilepsy, and takes Zantac, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Gabapentin)
I have a severe nickel allergy and I have epilepsy. I am considering explain to reduce periodes since my seizures are worse that time of the month. I need to know if nexplanon has nickel because I need to avoid it if it does.
- Can i take garcinia cambogia with blood pressure med called olmetec?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Hypertension - Medication Related, and takes Olmesartan Medoxomil )
What supplements are safe to loose weight? I use CoQ10, CLA multi vitamin, digestive enzyme and a probiotic
- Hcg diet is good for me
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes HCG)
I'M PRESENTLY ON DEPRESSION MEDICINE AND LAMYCTAL FOR SEIZURES.
CAN I GO ON THE HCG INJECTION DIET?
More questions for: Benicar, Seizure disorder
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Levaquin side effects
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Epilepsy, COPD With Exacerbation, and takes Levaquin)
Prescribed for COPD flare-up, along with a 10 day course of prednisone. On day 5, I experienced extreme irritability. I was imagining what it would be like to shoot my husband. He had kicked me in his sleep and I was very seriously thinking of shooting that foot. I got up and secured the gun. Howeve ...
- Seizure patient was on depakote for 16 years now on keppra 1500 mg.
(Posted by a 29 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Vicodin, Vitamin D, Depakote, Keppra)
I am 28 years old and been off depakote for 5 months. I started keppra to control my seizure disorder, which works great. But for the past year I have developed osteoarthritis in my thoracic, si joints, and lumbar. I get alot of muscle hypersensitivity and pain. Can any of this be due to long term ...
- Depakote er affected by grapefruit
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Epilepsy, and takes Depakote ER)
I have taken Depakote ER for since 2005 for epilepsy. Once stabilized many years ago seizures and auras have not been bothering me. Until I recently ate three grapefruits over three days. After a few days, when the grapefruit cleared my system, the seizures and auras ceased. Therefore, grapefrui ...
- Health issues and struggles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Epilepsy, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Graves Disease, Brain Tumor, Head Trauma, Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tinnitus, Seasonal Allergy, and takes Keppra, Lamictal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil)
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, Tachycardia, Hypercalcemia, and takes Fluconazole, Cartia Xt, Benicar, Coumadin, Cymbalta)
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
More reviews for: Benicar, Seizure disorder
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Warfarin Sodium, Digoxin, Benicar, Prednisolone Acetate for a patient with Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Blood Thinner, Heart Rate Irregular, Eye Drops. The patient has
Comments: 6 weeks ago mom got diarrhea and throwing up. Was in and out of hospital for dehydration. All blood work looked great, stool samples good, cat scans good, upper and lower GI good?? Dr put her on PEPTO bismol 2 3 times a day for 6 weeks! Got better last 2 week but still a thick diarrhea! Got an eye i ...
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Zinc Chloride In Plastic Container, Dexilant, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Carvedilol, Amlodipine Besylate, Benicar for a patient with Blood Thinner, Aat Deficiency, Joint Pain, Zinc Deficiency, Stomach Acid, Hypertension. The patient has Muscles Cramping, Feeling Sore Like I Worked Out At Gym
Comments: I was working out at gym for last 5 months and started to get muscle cramps in the last 3 weeks that were pretty severe. Stopped working out but I am still getting cramps and feeling sore and aches. Afraid of having heart attack since I have history of such. Have 2 stents but never had heart attack ...
- A study of side effects of Benicar for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Peripheral Neuropathy (damage to nerves of the peripheral nervous system)
Comments: neuropathy started about 6 months ago and is progressively getting worse. have become very unsteady and hqave little feeling in my feet and legs. Hands have become tingly and losing feeling in them, also.
- A study of side effects of Benicar for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Bradycardia Foetal (abnormally slow fetal heart rate, usually below 100 beats/min)
Comments: Have a pacemaker now after fainting twice and the second time passed out and was taken to a hospital... Month later wearing a halter monitor they determined I had bradycardia and fitted me with a pacemaker (no defrib)
- A study of drug interactions between Indomethacin, Zyrtec, Tylenol, Folic Acid, Prednisone, Toprol-xl, Synthroid, Lipitor, Benicar, Lasix, Amiodarone Hydrochloride for a patient with Pain In Swelling Hand, Cough And Sneezing, Pain From Swelling Hand, To Treat Side Effect Of Synthroid, Swelling, High Blood Pressure, Low Thyroid, Blood Cholesterol Increased, Irregular Heartbeat. The patient has Cough, Weight Loss, Hand Swelling Bruising On Both Arms,
Comments: I take Benicar, Toprol and aspirin for high blood pressure. I take Lasix for swelling hand and blood pressure. Lipitor for high cholesterol. I take prednisone and indomethacin for swelling hand pain. Synthroid for low thyroid due to amiodarone. Zyrtec for sneezing. I take Tylenol for hand swelling p ...
More related studies for: Benicar, Seizure disorder
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.