Review: could Benicar cause Seizure disorder (Epilepsy)?
Summary: Seizure disorder is reported only by a few people who take Benicar.
We study 12,907 people who have side effects while taking Benicar from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Seizure disorder. Find out below who they are, when they have Seizure disorder and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Benicar and have Seizure disorder >>>
Benicar has active ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 13,758 Benicar users)
Seizure disorder (disease of seizure related) has been reported by people with epilepsy, depression, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, convulsion. (latest reports from 36,621 Seizure disorder patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 12,904 people reported to have side effects when taking Benicar. Among them, 3 people (0.02%) have Seizure Disorder.
Time on Benicar when people have Seizure disorder * :
Gender of people who have Seizure disorder when taking Benicar * :
|Seizure disorder||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Seizure disorder when taking Benicar * :
|Seizure disorder||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Seizure disorder when taking Benicar ** :
How people recovered from Seizure disorder ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (3 people, 100.00%)
- Respiratory tract infection (2 people, 66.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clarithromycin (2 people, 66.67%)
- Sotalol hcl (2 people, 66.67%)
- Dilantin (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Seizure Disorder while taking Benicar?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Benicar and have Seizure Disorder
- support group for people who take Benicar
- support group for people who have Seizure Disorder
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Benicar for a 73-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Diarrhea
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Armour Thyroid, Plaquenil, Benicar for a 68-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Allergy, Hypothyroidism, Pml, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Itchy Rash On Arms And Chest
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Vytorin, Benicar, Viagra for a 68-year old man with Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Ed. The patient has Vitreous Detachment, Retinal Tear
- A study of side effects of Olmetec for a 42-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Estrogen Overdose
- A study of side effects of Albenza for a 28-year old man with Neurocysticercosis. The patient has Epilepsy
Recent Benicar related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Avapro, Olmetec for a 55-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Diovan, Cozaar, Benicar, Avapro for a 62-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Benicar, Losartan, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Bystolic for a 71-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Cozaar, Benicar for a 75-year old woman who has Hypertension - Essential
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Losartan Potassium, Valsartan for a 70-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.