Review: could Benicar cause Sinusitis?
Summary: Sinusitis is found among people who take Benicar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 12,904 people who have side effects while taking Benicar from FDA and social media. Among them, 154 have Sinusitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Sinusitis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Benicar and have Sinusitis >>>
Benicar has active ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 13,757 Benicar users)
Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, psoriasis. (latest reports from 40,827 Sinusitis patients)
On Mar, 23, 2015: 12,904 people reported to have side effects when taking Benicar. Among them, 154 people (1.19%) have Sinusitis.
Time on Benicar when people have Sinusitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Sinusitis when taking Benicar * :
Age of people who have Sinusitis when taking Benicar * :
Severity of Sinusitis when taking Benicar ** :
How people recovered from Sinusitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (30 people, 19.48%)
- Neoplasm malignant (12 people, 7.79%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (12 people, 7.79%)
- Osteoporosis (10 people, 6.49%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (10 people, 6.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (42 people, 27.27%)
- Nexium (40 people, 25.97%)
- Synthroid (38 people, 24.68%)
- Zometa (34 people, 22.08%)
- Ambien (34 people, 22.08%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of benicar and sinusitis on
Do you have Sinusitis while taking Benicar?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Benicar and have Sinusitis
- support group for people who take Benicar
- support group for people who have Sinusitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Armour Thyroid, Plaquenil, Benicar for a 68-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Allergy, Hypothyroidism, Pml, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Itchy Rash On Arms And Chest
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Vytorin, Benicar, Viagra for a 68-year old man with Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Ed. The patient has Vitreous Detachment, Retinal Tear
- A study of side effects of Olmetec for a 42-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Estrogen Overdose
- A study of side effects of Doxycycline Hyclate for a 56-year old woman with Sinusitis. The patient has Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus)
- A study of side effects of Pentasa for a 31-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Constipation, Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus)
Recent Benicar related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Losartan, Olmesartan Medoxomil for a 60-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Amlodipine, Olmetec for a 72-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Benicar for a 60-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Olmesartan Medoxomil, Telmisartan, Valsartan, Ramipril, Candesartan Cilexetil for a 55-year old man who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Cozaar, Hyzaar, Diovan, Teveten, Benicar for a 59-year old woman who has Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.