Benicar and Sinusitis - from FDA reports
Sinusitis is found among people who take Benicar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Nexium, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Sinusitis with Benicar. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,763 people who have side effects when taking Benicar from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 29, 2017
19,763 people reported to have side effects when taking Benicar.
Among them, 244 people (1.23%) have Sinusitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Benicar when people have Sinusitis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 11.11 %
- 1 - 2 years: 33.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 33.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 22.22 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Sinusitis when taking Benicar *:
- female: 75.32 %
- male: 24.68 %
Age of people who have Sinusitis when taking Benicar *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.53 %
- 30-39: 1.58 %
- 40-49: 8.95 %
- 50-59: 31.05 %
- 60+: 57.89 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Cholesterol (28 people, 11.48%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (26 people, 10.66%)
- Osteoporosis (15 people, 6.15%)
- Neoplasm Malignant (13 people, 5.33%)
- Asthma (13 people, 5.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium (51 people, 20.90%)
- Synthroid (47 people, 19.26%)
- Norvasc (35 people, 14.34%)
- Aspirin (33 people, 13.52%)
- Zometa (32 people, 13.11%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Headache (73 people, 29.92%)
- Fatigue (63 people, 25.82%)
- Pain (60 people, 24.59%)
- Nausea (55 people, 22.54%)
- Breathing Difficulty (54 people, 22.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Sinusitis when taking Benicar?
- Check symptoms - is sinusitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsSinusitis and drugs with ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeSinusitis and Benicar from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Benicar has active ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Benicar 21,284 users)
Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, psoriasis, osteoporosis, psoriatic arthropathy (latest reports from 70,799 Sinusitis patients).
Browse all side effects of Benicara b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with SinusitisSinusitis
Could your condition cause SinusitisSinusitis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
88 year old male can't breath through nose.He just blows and blows his nose all time. I have him to wash nose with warm water to clean it out. But he still blows. It sounds dry to me He says it makes it hard to breath.
User reviews to the study
77 yrs old and taking 20mg Benicar nightly for 3-4 years. Changed to 10mg every other night with 20 mg on the alternate nights. Noticed immediately significant lessening of constipation and reduced tiredness.
I've taken seroquel (quietapine) for about 12 years now & I go through flonase nasal spray like 2 or 3 bottles per month for stuffy nose & breathing problems while sleeping. I've tried to quit but can't sleep when I try. Damned if I do & damned if I don't. I also take remeron about an hour ...
I HAVE HAD A SINUS INFECTION WITH BLOODY MIX. This is not from nose bleed. Have run a fever and nausea and dry heaving. My doctor put me on back-to-back different antibiotics for three weeks along wth mucinex dm. Finished this regime 4 days ago and I'mcoming down with it again. By the way, the ...