Home > Benicar > Traumatic brain injury > Benicar and Traumatic brain injury
Review: could Benicar cause Traumatic brain injury?
Summary: Traumatic brain injury is found among people who take Benicar, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Paxil cr, and have Depression.
We study 12,892 people who have side effects while taking Benicar from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Traumatic brain injury. Find out below who they are, when they have Traumatic brain injury and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Benicar and have Traumatic brain injury >>>
Benicar (latest outcomes from 13,743 users) has active ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure.
Traumatic brain injury
Traumatic brain injury (brain injury due to trauma) (latest reports from 4,538 patients) has been reported by people with depression, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 12,892 people reported to have side effects when taking Benicar. Among them, 7 people (0.05%) have Traumatic Brain Injury.
Time on Benicar when people have Traumatic brain injury * :
Gender of people who have Traumatic brain injury when taking Benicar * :
|Traumatic brain injury||14.29%||85.71% |
Age of people who have Traumatic brain injury when taking Benicar * :
|Traumatic brain injury||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Traumatic brain injury when taking Benicar ** :
How people recovered from Traumatic brain injury ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (6 people, 85.71%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 14.29%)
- Fibromyalgia (1 people, 14.29%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Paxil cr (6 people, 85.71%)
- Tricor (6 people, 85.71%)
- Ativan (6 people, 85.71%)
- Prilosec (6 people, 85.71%)
- Chloral hydrate (2 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Traumatic Brain Injury while taking Benicar?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Benicar and have Traumatic Brain Injury
- support group for people who take Benicar
- support group for people who have Traumatic Brain Injury
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take garcinia cambogia with blood pressure med called olmetec?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Hypertension - Medication Related, and takes Olmesartan Medoxomil )
What supplements are safe to loose weight? I use CoQ10, CLA multi vitamin, digestive enzyme and a probiotic
- Is micardis generic? benicar is expensive
(Asked by a 78 year old woman who has Hyperternsion, and takes Benicar)
I have an atrophied kidney. Will that make a difference if I switch to Micardis?
- What is the cause of leg and foot pain?
(Asked by a 83 year old woman who has Leg Pains, and takes Hydroxyzine, Singulair, Meloxicam, Benicar, Crestor, Nexium)
Right leg pains start in the afternoon and get more painful at night.
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Spondylosis, Autoimmune Disorder, Asthma Late Onset, Migraine, Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Facet Joint Syndrome, Sacroiliitis, Diverticulosis, PTSD, IBS, Traumatic Brain Injury, Pelvic Congestion, Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and takes Albuterol Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Maxalt, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Oxycontin, Alvesco, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- Can i take krill oil while taking effient and aspirin
(Asked by a 78 year old woman who has Heart Disease - Aging, and takes Effient, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Benicar)
I have high cholesterol and high bad cholesterol, arthritis, had open heart surgery and 7 stents.blood pressure is always up and down.
More questions for: Benicar, Traumatic brain injury
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hypercalcemia during use of fluconizole over 6 months
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Nausea And Vomiting, Tachycardia, Hypercalcemia, and takes Fluconazole, Cartia Xt, Benicar, Coumadin, Cymbalta)
Post diverticulitis surgery multiple my mother was on multiple antibiotics but the most consistent one was Fluconizole. After release, she was slowly taken off other antibiotics being left on Fluconizole for abscesses that would not go away and eventually needed to be surgically removed. After rep ...
- Libido decreased with erectile dysfunction by using olmesartan 20 mg. daily
(Posted by a 41 year old man who has Libido Decreased, Erectile Dysfunction, and takes Olmesartan Medoxomil)
Libido decreased with erectile dysfunction by using Olmesartan 20 mg. daily.
Other related / associated conditions : anxiety and work stress
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Aortic Valve Disease, Left Ventricular Hypertrophy, Mitral Valve Prolapse, Depression, Insomnia, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Deficiency - Vitamin D, Migraine With Aura, Anxiety, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and takes Opana Er, Norco, Temazepam, Lorazepam, Coreg Cr, Benicar, Norvasc, Clonidine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lamictal, Lexapro, Phenergan)
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Benicar caused pink eye
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Pink Eye, and takes Benicar)
When taking Benicar, my sinuses have been effected. They swell and it's difficult to breathe through my nose. Last night (9/21) I went to the ER for severe conjunctivitis. I am allergic to penicillin, so believe after reading several articles on this drug that I'm suffering from this condiition due ...
More reviews for: Benicar, Traumatic brain injury
- A study of side effects of Benicar for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Muscle Twitching
Comments: started having severe muscle twitching after being on 40 mg Benicar for five days.
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisone, Escitalopram, Diazepam, Theophylline, Olmesartan Medoxomil, Simvastatin for a patient with Gout - Acute, Depression, Stress And Anxiety, Asthma, Blood Pressure Increased, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Cold Sweat, Vomiting Aggravated, Epigastric Hernia
Comments: Also treated gout with etoricoxib
- A study of side effects of Benicar for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Weight Loss
Comments: After eating would get severe intestinal pain and had constant diarrhea. This went on for months, I lost a lot of weight during this time.
- A study of side effects of Benicar for a patient with High Arch. The patient has Uloric 40 Mg
Comments: Been on these meds for 2-3 years have started itching
- A study of drug interactions between Elestrin, Benicar, Amlodipine, Fenofibrate, Bystolic for a patient with Hormone Level Abnormal, Hbp, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Impaired Memory, Musculoskeletal Discomfort
Comments: I have noticed a brain fog and lack of concentration.
More related studies for: Benicar, Traumatic brain injury
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide and Red Face
- Albuterol Sulfate
- Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide
- Red Face and Levothyroxine Sodium
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (3 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (14 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: I was on sulfasalazine for about 3 1/2 months. My stomach ... (22 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (19 hours ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (19 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)