Review: could Benicar cause Uti (Urinary tract infection)?
Summary: Uti is found among people who take Benicar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Norvasc, and have High blood pressure.
We study 12,904 people who have side effects while taking Benicar from FDA and social media. Among them, 285 have Uti. Find out below who they are, when they have Uti and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Benicar and have Uti >>>
Benicar has active ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 13,757 Benicar users)
Uti (urinary tract infection) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 66,231 Uti patients)
On Mar, 15, 2015: 12,904 people reported to have side effects when taking Benicar. Among them, 285 people (2.21%) have Uti.
Time on Benicar when people have Uti * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Uti when taking Benicar * :
Age of people who have Uti when taking Benicar * :
Severity of Uti when taking Benicar ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Uti ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (112 people, 39.30%)
- Convulsion (37 people, 12.98%)
- Osteoporosis (32 people, 11.23%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (28 people, 9.82%)
- Depression (24 people, 8.42%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Norvasc (81 people, 28.42%)
- Furosemide (77 people, 27.02%)
- Aspirin (67 people, 23.51%)
- Lisinopril (63 people, 22.11%)
- Xanax (61 people, 21.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of benicar and uti on
Do you have Uti while taking Benicar?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Benicar and have Uti
- support group for people who take Benicar
- support group for people who have Uti
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ginkgo Biloba, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Armour Thyroid, Plaquenil, Benicar for a 68-year old woman with Blood Thinner, Allergy, Hypothyroidism, Pml, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Itchy Rash On Arms And Chest
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Vytorin, Benicar, Viagra for a 68-year old man with Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Ed. The patient has Vitreous Detachment, Retinal Tear
- A study of side effects of Olmetec for a 42-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Estrogen Overdose
- A study of drug interactions between Tamoxifen Citrate, Taxol for a 58-year old woman with Breast Cancer Recurrent, Cancer - Breast. The patient has Urinary Tract Infection
- A study of drug interactions between Lotensin, HCTZ, Nexium for a 59-year old woman with Hypertension, Gerd. The patient has Joint Pain, Uti
Recent Benicar related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.