Home > Bentyl > Gastritis > Bentyl and Gastritis
Review: could Bentyl cause Gastritis?
Summary: Gastritis is found among people who take Bentyl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Prilosec, and have Gastrooesophageal reflux disease.
We study 3,301 people who have side effects while taking Bentyl from FDA and social media. Among them, 74 have Gastritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Gastritis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Bentyl and have Gastritis >>>
Bentyl (latest outcomes from 3,654 users) has active ingredients of dicyclomine hydrochloride. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome.
Gastritis (inflammation of stomach) (latest reports from 27,377 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, depression.
On Nov, 29, 2014: 3,301 people reported to have side effects when taking Bentyl. Among them, 74 people (2.24%) have Gastritis.
Time on Bentyl when people have Gastritis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Gastritis when taking Bentyl * :
Age of people who have Gastritis when taking Bentyl * :
Severity of Gastritis when taking Bentyl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Gastritis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (14 people, 18.92%)
- Arthritis (14 people, 18.92%)
- Osteoporosis (10 people, 13.51%)
- Pain (9 people, 12.16%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (8 people, 10.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (24 people, 32.43%)
- Nexium (21 people, 28.38%)
- Fosamax (16 people, 21.62%)
- Zocor (16 people, 21.62%)
- Prevacid (16 people, 21.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gastritis while taking Bentyl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Bentyl and have Gastritis
- support group for people who take Bentyl
- support group for people who have Gastritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Interaction between cialis and ibuprofen
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Gastritis, and takes Ibuprofen, Cialis)
Takin ibuprofen to reduce headache and mialgias by cialis produced gastritis
- For the past 7 years have gotten these severe painful attacks. i get about 1 to 2 a year. they start out like a case of food poisoning with diarrhea and vomiting. the pain is intense and as severe
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Gastritis, and takes Omeprazole, Ranitidine)
The pain is intense and severe as all natural childbirth. The pain is so intense I cannot move, talk, or function. I just keep heaving bile until I am so dehydrated I get taken to the emergency room. They run tests and CAT scans on me but can never find anything. I have gone to a specialist in the p ...
- I can't gain weight, eat about 5,000 c. daily
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Had Whipple Surgery, Hungry All The Time., and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride)
Had Whipple surgery in '03. Have enormous appetite could not gain weight. Couldn't afford enzymes. Since I have no duodenum, fats go straight through. So about a month ago my doctor put me on Dicyclomine to slow the food down in my intestines. Well I have this huge hunger, still. I've gained 10lbs. ...
More questions for: Bentyl, Gastritis
More reviews for: Bentyl, Gastritis
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum Silver, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Soma, Benadryl, Melatonin, Clonazepam, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Zocor, Dexilant, Hyzaar for a patient with General Health & Wellness, Health, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety And Stress, Ibs, High Blood Cholesterol, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Low Volume Of Seminal Fluid, Drug-induced Erectile Dysfunction
Comments: I have a relatively weak erection (estimate 50-60% of maximum erection potential) and tend to have a weak orgasm with only a moderate amount of ejaculate (even after 2-4 weeks of abstinence). I am in excellent cardiovascular health exercising 3-4 days a week on an elliptical, achieving sustained exe ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin B12, Reglan, Potassium Gluconate, Omeprazole, Ativan, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Zofran, Phenergan for a patient with Malabsorption, Delayed Gastric Emptying, Hypokalemia, Reflux Esophagitis, Esophageal Stricture - Benign, Intestinal Spasm, Nausea, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Vomiting
Comments: Persistant vomiting. Been diagnosed with paralytic ileus thru gastric emptying study. Have a GI doc but am getting no releif from the constant vomiting malnutrition other than hospitalization until better. Sent home after a week sometimes 2. Only to become ill again weeks later. Have had CT MRI XRay ...
- A study of side effects of Bentyl for a patient with IBS. The patient has Omeprazole
Comments: I began taking these two meds March 20th, and have been in extreme pain (stomach) since day one. I am trying to find the reason behind it. I have diverticuli, ileitis, chronic gastritis. I have severe diarrhea.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Tramadol, Multivitamin, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Nitroglycerin, Methocarbamol, Metformin Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Gabapentin, Cymbalta, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Calcium Carbonate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Amlodipine for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Drugs For Pain, Daily Vitamin Tablet, Restless Leg Syndrome, Gerd, Chest Pain, Back Muscke Spasm, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, High Balm, Meralgia Paraesthetica, Ibs, Ankle Replacement, High Blood Cholesterol, Prophylaxis. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome, Elevated Wbcs - 10.5 - 13.0
Comments: Have been on Gabapentin for years now. For the past 3-4 yrs, I have had a chronically elevated WBC without evidence of illness. WBCs run 10.5 to 13.0 consistently. Even when on antibiotics, has not dropped below 10.5. Am now wondering if this could be related to Gabapentin. The elevated WBCs have re ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Tramadol, Multivitamin, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Nitroglycerin, Methocarbamol, Metformin Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Gabapentin, Cymbalta, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Calcium Carbonate, Atorvastatin Calcium, Aspirin, Amlodipine for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Drugs For Pain, Daily Vitamin Tablet, Restless Leg Syndrome, Gerd, Chest Pain, Back Muscke Spasm, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, High Balm, Meralgia Paraesthetica, Ibs, Ankle Replacement, High Blood Cholesterol, Prophylaxis. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome, Chrinically Elevated Wbcs - 10.5 - 13.0
Comments: Have been on Gabapentin for years now. For the past 3-4 yrs, I have had a chronically elevated WBC without evidence of illness.WBCs run 10.5 tp 13.0 consistanly. Even when on antibiotics, has not dropped below 10.5. Am now wondering if this could be related to Gabapentin. The elevated WBCs have resu ...
More related studies for: Bentyl, Gastritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.