Home > Bentyl > Narcotic abuse > Bentyl and Narcotic abuse
Review: could Bentyl cause Narcotic abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Narcotic abuse is found among people who take Bentyl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Mania.
We study 3,301 people who have side effects while taking Bentyl from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Narcotic abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Narcotic abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Bentyl and have Narcotic abuse >>>
Bentyl (latest outcomes from 3,653 users) has active ingredients of dicyclomine hydrochloride. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome.
Narcotic abuse (addiction of narcotic (pain killer )) (latest reports from 45,692 patients) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 3,301 people reported to have side effects when taking Bentyl. Among them, 13 people (0.39%) have Narcotic Abuse.
Time on Bentyl when people have Narcotic abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Bentyl * :
|Narcotic abuse||53.85%||46.15% |
Age of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Bentyl * :
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||22.22%||11.11%||11.11%||44.44% |
Severity of Narcotic abuse when taking Bentyl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Narcotic abuse ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Mania (1 people, 7.69%)
- Sleep disorder (1 people, 7.69%)
- Abdominal discomfort (1 people, 7.69%)
- Affective disorder (1 people, 7.69%)
- Bloating (1 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (9 people, 69.23%)
- Zantac (8 people, 61.54%)
- Nexium (8 people, 61.54%)
- Ambien (7 people, 53.85%)
- Zocor (7 people, 53.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Narcotic Abuse while taking Bentyl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Bentyl and have Narcotic Abuse
- support group for people who take Bentyl
- support group for people who have Narcotic Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane.
(Asked by a 24 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Benadryl, Tylenol, Lialda, Azathioprine, Prednisone, Ambien, Zoloft)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the r ...
- Is clozapine simular to suboxen
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has Heroin Abuse)
I am withdrawing from heroin and im out of suboxen will clozapine work simularly , will it help at all or hurt
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Atrial Fibrillation, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Dementia (controlled), and takes Multivitamin, Lipitor, Claritin, Allopurinol, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Namenda Xr, Aricept, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Bystolic, Lexapro)
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid ...
- Is taking 1.5 or 2 mg lorazepam while on suboxone dangerous, suboxone is being used for opaite dependence and pain and lorazepam is used for anxiety
(Asked by a 40 year old man who has Narcotic Abuse, and takes Lorazepam)
I am taking about 20 to 22 MG of suboxone a day but I also take 2 mg of Lorazepam a day for anxiety, is it dangerous to do so. I do not exceed the doses mentioned at all.
- I can't gain weight, eat about 5,000 c. daily
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Had Whipple Surgery, Hungry All The Time., and takes Dicyclomine Hydrochloride)
Had Whipple surgery in '03. Have enormous appetite could not gain weight. Couldn't afford enzymes. Since I have no duodenum, fats go straight through. So about a month ago my doctor put me on Dicyclomine to slow the food down in my intestines. Well I have this huge hunger, still. I've gained 10lbs. ...
More questions for: Bentyl, Narcotic abuse
More reviews for: Bentyl, Narcotic abuse
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum Silver, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Soma, Benadryl, Melatonin, Clonazepam, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Zocor, Dexilant, Hyzaar for a patient with General Health & Wellness, Health, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety And Stress, Ibs, High Blood Cholesterol, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Low Volume Of Seminal Fluid, Drug-induced Erectile Dysfunction
Comments: I have a relatively weak erection (estimate 50-60% of maximum erection potential) and tend to have a weak orgasm with only a moderate amount of ejaculate (even after 2-4 weeks of abstinence). I am in excellent cardiovascular health exercising 3-4 days a week on an elliptical, achieving sustained exe ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zofran, Bentyl, Topamax, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Nausea, Ibs & Colits Flare Ups, Migraine, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Inflammation - Rectum, Pain - Leg, Shoulder Pain, Stomach Pumping, Fatigue - Chronic, Pain - Back, Constipation, Diarrhea, Nausea, Blood In Stool
Comments: Since being hospitalized last September with thickening of the stomach liner & bloody stools/severe cramping & diarrhea, I have cut my dosage back on the topamax hoping that it would help my symptoms. As soon as I did that, the migraines came back. I was originally taking a low dose of 25mg x 2 a ...
- A study of drug interactions between Tamoxifen Citrate, Hydrochlorothiazide, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride for a patient with Diet - Cancer, Fibrocystic Breast Disease, Abdominal Bloating. The patient has
Comments: Had breast cancer ERPR+ Her 2 neu + cancer Stage 1 diagnosed 10/2008, surgery partial mastectomy, 12/2008, Chemo 1/2009 to 5/2009, radiation followed daily for 6.5 weeks ending 7/2009. Had Herceptin infusions every 3 weeks for 1 year. Had staph infection and hospitalized for 5 day in mid radiation t ...
More related studies for: Bentyl, Narcotic abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.