Review: could Bentyl cause Narcotic abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Narcotic abuse is found among people who take Bentyl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Mania.
We study 3,308 people who have side effects while taking Bentyl from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Narcotic abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Narcotic abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bentyl and have Narcotic abuse >>>
Bentyl has active ingredients of dicyclomine hydrochloride. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome. (latest outcomes from 3,661 Bentyl users)
Narcotic abuse (addiction of narcotic (pain killer )) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 10,560 Narcotic abuse patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 3,308 people reported to have side effects when taking Bentyl. Among them, 13 people (0.39%) have Narcotic Abuse.
Time on Bentyl when people have Narcotic abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Bentyl * :
|Narcotic abuse||53.85%||46.15% |
Age of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Bentyl * :
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||22.22%||11.11%||11.11%||44.44% |
Severity of Narcotic abuse when taking Bentyl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Narcotic abuse ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Mania (1 people, 7.69%)
- Sleep disorder (1 people, 7.69%)
- Abdominal discomfort (1 people, 7.69%)
- Affective disorder (1 people, 7.69%)
- Bloating (1 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (9 people, 69.23%)
- Zantac (8 people, 61.54%)
- Nexium (8 people, 61.54%)
- Ambien (7 people, 53.85%)
- Zocor (7 people, 53.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of bentyl and narcotic abuse on
Do you have Narcotic Abuse while taking Bentyl?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Bentyl and have Narcotic Abuse
- support group for people who take Bentyl
- support group for people who have Narcotic Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Bentyl, Ibuprofen, Phenergan, Xanax, Paxil for a 37-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Pain, Nausea, Anxiety, Depression. The patient has Nose - Congested, Headache, Sensation Of Pressure In Ear
- A study of drug interactions between Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Dilaudid, Albuterol, Dronabinol, Cyproheptadine Hydrochloride, Tramadol, Phenergan for a 45-year old woman with Pain - Abdomen, Gerd, Increased Appetite, Nausea, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting. The patient has Nausea And Vomiting
- A study of side effects of Cocaine Plant for a 26-year old man with Cocaine Abuse. The patient has Cocaine Abuse
- A study of side effects of Bentyl for a 24-year old woman with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. The patient has Itching - Vaginal Area
- A study of drug interactions between Nortriptyline Hydrochloride, Plaquenil, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Pantoprazole, Hydrochlorothiazide, Cymbalta for a 60-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Ra, Stomach Discomfort, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Bladder Irritation
Recent Bentyl related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Flomax for a 40-year old woman who has Kidney Stones
- Comparions of Bentyl, Norco, Lyrica, Norflex, Cymbalta for a 65-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia
- Comparions of Bentyl, Linzess for a 19-year old boy who has IBS
- Comparions of , Trazodone Hydrochloride, Cymbalta, Bentyl, Gralise for a 47-year old woman who has Costochondritis
- Comparions of Lopressor, Bentyl for a 32-year old woman who has IBS
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.