Review: could Bentyl cause Narcotic abuse (Drug abuse)?
Summary: Narcotic abuse is found among people who take Bentyl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Oxycontin, and have Mania.
We study 3,304 people who have side effects while taking Bentyl from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Narcotic abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Narcotic abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Bentyl and have Narcotic abuse >>>
Bentyl has active ingredients of dicyclomine hydrochloride. It is often used in irritable bowel syndrome. (latest outcomes from Bentyl 3,657 users)
Narcotic abuse (addiction of narcotic (pain killer )) has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Narcotic abuse 10,555 patients)
On Dec, 12, 2014: 3,304 people reported to have side effects when taking Bentyl. Among them, 13 people (0.39%) have Narcotic Abuse.
Time on Bentyl when people have Narcotic abuse * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Bentyl * :
|Narcotic abuse||53.85%||46.15% |
Age of people who have Narcotic abuse when taking Bentyl * :
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||11.11%||22.22%||11.11%||11.11%||44.44% |
Severity of Narcotic abuse when taking Bentyl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Narcotic abuse ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Narcotic abuse||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Mania (1 people, 7.69%)
- Sleep disorder (1 people, 7.69%)
- Abdominal discomfort (1 people, 7.69%)
- Affective disorder (1 people, 7.69%)
- Bloating (1 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Oxycontin (9 people, 69.23%)
- Zantac (8 people, 61.54%)
- Nexium (8 people, 61.54%)
- Ambien (7 people, 53.85%)
- Zocor (7 people, 53.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Narcotic Abuse while taking Bentyl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Bentyl and have Narcotic Abuse
- support group for people who take Bentyl
- support group for people who have Narcotic Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Bentyl is making my right upper abdomen more painful, but all gallbladder tests are normal. any ideas?
I was prescribed Bentyl because my gallbladder US, CT, and HIDA were all normal. Strangely, the Bentyl made the pain worse. I don't know why. I don't know if I should continue using it or not.
- Does zoloft cause ringing in the ears, like tinnitus? i've been on it for a month and noticed the ringing in the ears about a week ago, and it's just constant ringing and it's driving me insane. (1 answer)
I've been on most of the medications for more than a year and it hasn't been that bad getting used to them. But I've been on Zoloft and ambien for about a month now, and I've been noticing a lot of side effects. The one I just recently noticed and that has been driving me completely insane, is the ringing in the ears. It's been about a week now and I just don't know what to do anymore. If it is the Zoloft then I can finally just stop taking it and make this stop. If anyone has an answer or knows what to do, PLEASE help. I'm at my wits end.
- Is clozapine simular to suboxen
I am withdrawing from heroin and im out of suboxen will clozapine work simularly , will it help at all or hurt
- My mom is 88. she takes lexapro in the evening. she wakes up hallucinating. it's starting to get to her. what should i try for her?
My mom has been taking Lexapro for about 2 1/2 to 3 months. She was taking it in the morning and her therapist felt it was making her drowsy. I began giving it to her before bed, and I believe that is when she started waking up during the night with hallucinations. I'm not sure if they are vivid dreams that carry over when she awakens, or if she wakes up and sees visions. I do not want to change her meds, if possible. This combination of Aricept, Namenda and Lexapro have allowed her to be sharper mentally than she has in a number of years. Except for the hallucinations, it's been nothing short of amazing. Please help. Thank you
- Is taking 1.5 or 2 mg lorazepam while on suboxone dangerous, suboxone is being used for opaite dependence and pain and lorazepam is used for anxiety
I am taking about 20 to 22 MG of suboxone a day but I also take 2 mg of Lorazepam a day for anxiety, is it dangerous to do so. I do not exceed the doses mentioned at all.
More questions for: Bentyl, Narcotic abuse
More reviews for: Bentyl, Narcotic abuse
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have a relatively weak erection (estimate 50-60% of maximum erection potential) and tend to have a weak orgasm with only a moderate amount of ejaculate (even after 2-4 weeks of abstinence). I am in excellent cardiovascular health exercising 3-4 days a week on an elliptical, achieving sustained exe ...
- Persistant vomiting. Been diagnosed with paralytic ileus thru gastric emptying study. Have a GI doc but am getting no releif from the constant vomiting malnutrition other than hospitalization until better. Sent home after a week sometimes 2. Only to become ill again weeks later. Have had CT MRI XRay ...
- I began taking these two meds March 20th, and have been in extreme pain (stomach) since day one. I am trying to find the reason behind it. I have diverticuli, ileitis, chronic gastritis. I have severe diarrhea.
- Have been on Gabapentin for years now. For the past 3-4 yrs, I have had a chronically elevated WBC without evidence of illness. WBCs run 10.5 to 13.0 consistently. Even when on antibiotics, has not dropped below 10.5. Am now wondering if this could be related to Gabapentin. The elevated WBCs have re ...
- Have been on Gabapentin for years now. For the past 3-4 yrs, I have had a chronically elevated WBC without evidence of illness.WBCs run 10.5 tp 13.0 consistanly. Even when on antibiotics, has not dropped below 10.5. Am now wondering if this could be related to Gabapentin. The elevated WBCs have resu ...
More related studies for: Bentyl, Narcotic abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.