Review: could Benzonatate cause Drug abuse (Drug Abuse And Dependence)?
Summary: Drug abuse is reported only by a few people who take Benzonatate.
We study 1,698 people who have side effects while taking Benzonatate from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Drug abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Benzonatate and have Drug abuse >>>
Benzonatate has active ingredients of benzonatate. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from 2,014 Benzonatate users)
Drug abuse has been reported by people with pain, depression, back pain, migraine, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 19,959 Drug abuse patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 1,698 people reported to have side effects when taking Benzonatate. Among them, 6 people (0.35%) have Drug Abuse.
Time on Benzonatate when people have Drug abuse * :
Gender of people who have Drug abuse when taking Benzonatate * :
|Drug abuse||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Drug abuse when taking Benzonatate * :
|Drug abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (5 people, 83.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (6 people, 100.00%)
- Valium (6 people, 100.00%)
- Oxycontin (6 people, 100.00%)
- Levaquin (6 people, 100.00%)
- Neurontin (6 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of benzonatate and drug abuse on
Do you have Drug Abuse while taking Benzonatate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Benzonatate and have Drug Abuse
- support group for people who take Benzonatate
- support group for people who have Drug Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Benzonatate for a 19-year old boy with Cough. The patient has Headache (pain in head)
- A study of side effects of Accutane for a 20-year old man with Acne. The patient has Depression, Impulsive Behaviour, Delusional Perception (delusional perception describes, confusingly, a true perception, to which a patient attributes a false meaning), Drug Abuse, Aggression Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Benzonatate, Hydrocodone Polistirex And Chlorpheniramine Polistirex for a 38-year old woman with Cough.
- A study of side effects of Benzonatate for a 53-year old man with Coughing Up Blood. The patient has Swallowing Difficulty
- A study of drug interactions between Sulfamethoxazole And Trimethoprim, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Glipizide, Benzonatate for a 42-year old woman with Bronchitis, Rls, Pcos, Cough. The patient has Urge Incontinence
Recent Benzonatate related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.