Review: could Benzonatate cause Drug abuse (Drug Abuse And Dependence)?
Summary: Drug abuse is reported only by a few people who take Benzonatate.
We study 1,695 people who have side effects while taking Benzonatate from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Drug abuse. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug abuse and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Benzonatate and have Drug abuse >>>
Benzonatate has active ingredients of benzonatate. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Benzonatate 2,011 users)
Drug abuse has been reported by people with pain, depression, back pain, stress and anxiety, drug dependence.(latest reports from Drug abuse 19,619 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 1,694 people reported to have side effects when taking Benzonatate. Among them, 6 people (0.35%) have Drug Abuse.
Time on Benzonatate when people have Drug abuse * :
Gender of people who have Drug abuse when taking Benzonatate * :
|Drug abuse||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Drug abuse when taking Benzonatate * :
|Drug abuse||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (5 people, 83.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (6 people, 100.00%)
- Valium (6 people, 100.00%)
- Oxycontin (6 people, 100.00%)
- Levaquin (6 people, 100.00%)
- Neurontin (6 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Abuse while taking Benzonatate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Benzonatate and have Drug Abuse
- support group for people who take Benzonatate
- support group for people who have Drug Abuse
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Benzonatate, Drug abuse
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Benzonatate visual disturbance
I was given this for a severe sinus infection along with an antibiotic so I could sleep without coughing. I realized after the third day on it that it was the reason I was having a snowy tv screen like effect in my vision, slight nausea, and a persistent headache. I originally attributed this to the antibiotic. I have a similar reaction to mucinex and bladder spasm controller medicines. I have hypothyroidism and celiac disease as well as ADHD.
More reviews for: Benzonatate, Drug abuse
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- Want to know which cough medicines (including tessalon) can cause hypertension. I was not hypertensive before getting the flu and bronchitis. Severe cough and many OTC cough medicines plus tessalon taken over a three week period. Now my blood pressure is up to 161/70.
- Child was removed from her home of 13 years where child felt safe, loved, and maintained moderately well while on medications. Child has not been allowed to see her caregiver-grandmother of 13 yrs. Child was suddenly returned to drug addicted mother married to registered sex offender. Mother pimped ...
- I HAVE BEEN ON NORCO 10/325 FOR OVER 5YRS TAKIN BETWEEN 20/25 PERDAY .....NOW TODAY AS I WRITE..MY EYES HAVE FINALLY OPENED TO SEE MY LIFE AND WHAT I WAS MISSING.....NEVER THOUGHT I COULD DO IT COLD TURKEY BUT I DID...YEA NOW THE DEVIL IS FINALLY OFF MY BACK..AND I HAVE CONTROL..
- I now know of 3 other people who have experienced sudden hearing loss from this drug. When another doctor tried to give it to me and I told him why I wouldn't take it he said it was all in my head!!! So, doctors are not reporting this adverse side effect.
- Prescribed today, took one, 100 mg pill at 5:30 pm....NO more. Its 2:00 am and I'm WIDE awake. I also take klonopin for anxiety, doubled my dose of it thinking I could sleep....but I'm wired like I'm "on drugs". I'm normally asleep by 9:30 every night, no insomnia issues, prior.
More related studies for: Benzonatate, Drug abuse
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.