Benzonatate and Drug abuse - from FDA reports
Drug abuse is found among people who take Benzonatate, especially for people who are female, 10-19 old also take medication Cannabis, and have Diarrhea. This review analyzes which people have Drug abuse with Benzonatate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 4,194 people who have side effects when taking Benzonatate from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 28, 2017
4,194 people reported to have side effects when taking Benzonatate.
Among them, 11 people (0.26%) have Drug abuse
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Drug abuse when taking Benzonatate *:
- female: 54.55 %
- male: 45.45 %
Age of people who have Drug abuse when taking Benzonatate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 72.73 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 27.27 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Drug Abuse And Dependence (1 person, 9.09%)
- Diarrhea (1 person, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Fluoxetine (5 people, 45.45%)
- Cannabis (5 people, 45.45%)
- Imodium (4 people, 36.36%)
- Prempro (2 people, 18.18%)
- Nexium (2 people, 18.18%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Drug Abuse And Dependence (9 people, 81.82%)
- Urinary Retention (6 people, 54.55%)
- Neuralgia (2 people, 18.18%)
- Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase Deficiency (2 people, 18.18%)
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis (2 people, 18.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Drug abuse when taking Benzonatate?
- Check symptoms - is drug abuse caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDrug abuse and drugs with ingredients of benzonatate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDrug abuse and Benzonatate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Benzonatate has active ingredients of benzonatate. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Benzonatate 4,647 users)
Drug abuse has been reported by people with drug abuse and dependence, drug abuse, pain, depression (latest reports from 42,971 Drug abuse patients).
Browse all side effects of Benzonatatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Drug abuseDrug abuse
Could your condition cause Drug abuseDrug abuse
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I will be starting Ampyra in a few weeks, and I also use marijuana for spasticity. I am not a heavy user but an occasional user. Is there any interaction between those two drugs. I also take baclofen for spasticity, and I've never had any issues with MJ before.
User reviews to the study
Just started taking Benzonatate yesterday after doing in for lingering cough after acute bronchitis. After a couple doses noticed breathing was more difficult and coughing worse. Almost feels like I am taking in a breath but not getting in air if that makes sense. Up most of night, only thing ...
ANYONE KNOW IF USING STRIPS OF SUBOXONE AND CUTTING THEM INTO 8THS IS EASIER TO GET OFF SUBOXONE. BEEN ON FOR A YEAR AND I DON'T WANNA BE ON IT NO MORE. IM PRESCRIBED 2 1/2 A DAY BUT ONLY TAKE ONE I CAN TAKE A 1/4 AND BE OK I JUST HEARD THAT SUBOXONE WITHDRAWEL IS WORSE THAN PERCOSET.
Je n'arrive pas à arrêter l'anafranil et personne ne me croit ni ma psy ni mon généraliste il mettent tout sur un problème psy non réglé mais mon corps ne ment pas Chaque fois que j'arrête c'est l'angoisse la fatigue, la diarrhée les vertiges ! J'en ai marre