Benzonatate and Hallucination, visual - from FDA reports
Hallucination, visual is reported only by a few people who take Benzonatate. We study 4,194 people who have side effects while taking Benzonatate from FDA. Among them, 4 have Hallucination, visual. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucination, visual and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
4,194 people reported to have side effects when taking Benzonatate.
Among them, 4 people (0.1%) have Hallucination, visual
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Benzonatate when people have Hallucination, visual *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hallucination, visual when taking Benzonatate *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Hallucination, visual when taking Benzonatate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 50 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Respiratory Disorder (1 person, 25.00%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (1 person, 25.00%)
- Gastric Disorder (1 person, 25.00%)
- Bipolar Disorder (1 person, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Seroquel (2 people, 50.00%)
- Levothyroxine Sodium (2 people, 50.00%)
- Clopidogrel (2 people, 50.00%)
- Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide (1 person, 25.00%)
- Nitroglycerin (1 person, 25.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (2 people, 50.00%)
- Insomnia (2 people, 50.00%)
- Drowsiness (2 people, 50.00%)
- Depression (2 people, 50.00%)
- Aphonia (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Hallucination, visual when taking Benzonatate?
- Check symptoms - is hallucination, visual caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHallucination, visual and drugs with ingredients of benzonatate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHallucination, visual and Benzonatate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Benzonatate has active ingredients of benzonatate. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Benzonatate 4,647 users)
Hallucination, visual (seeing things that aren't there) has been reported by people with depression, parkinson's disease, pain, high blood pressure, insomnia (latest reports from 11,708 Hallucination, visual patients).
Browse all side effects of Benzonatatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Hallucination, visualHallucination, visual
Could your condition cause Hallucination, visualHallucination, visual
What would happen?
Questions to the study
My 16 yr old son has been on prozac 30 mg for 6 days, he is claiming to be hallucinating & says his brain feels similar to a computer overload for about 30 minutes, then he has a severe headache. He is really scared & so am I. Does anyone know anything about this? The doc said he didn't think it ...
User reviews to the study
Just started taking Benzonatate yesterday after doing in for lingering cough after acute bronchitis. After a couple doses noticed breathing was more difficult and coughing worse. Almost feels like I am taking in a breath but not getting in air if that makes sense. Up most of night, only thing ...
Yes I started taking the Benzonatate100mg tablets and after a week I have started having numbness in my left arm and feels like my face on the right side drawls down! Can this medicine make these side effects?
Hi, I'm new to online groups. Today I've joined because I've been taking Benzonatate in conjunction with antibiotics. I've lost my sense of smell and taste we're going on 3 days. Can anyone tell me if my senses will return to normal? If so, how long will it take?