Review: could Bethanechol chloride cause Urinary retention?
Summary: Urinary retention is found among people who take Bethanechol chloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Vesicare, and have Enlarged prostate.
We study 180 people who have side effects while taking Bethanechol chloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 7 have Urinary retention. Find out below who they are, when they have Urinary retention and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bethanechol chloride and have Urinary retention >>>
Bethanechol chloride has active ingredients of bethanechol chloride. It is often used in urinary retention. (latest outcomes from 202 Bethanechol chloride users)
Urinary retention (the inability to completely or partially empty the bladder) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 13,968 Urinary retention patients)
On Mar, 23, 2015: 180 people reported to have side effects when taking Bethanechol chloride. Among them, 7 people (3.89%) have Urinary Retention.
Time on Bethanechol chloride when people have Urinary retention * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Urinary retention||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Urinary retention when taking Bethanechol chloride * :
|Urinary retention||14.29%||85.71% |
Age of people who have Urinary retention when taking Bethanechol chloride * :
|Urinary retention||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Urinary retention when taking Bethanechol chloride ** :
How people recovered from Urinary retention ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (5 people, 71.43%)
- Hypertonic bladder (3 people, 42.86%)
- Prostate cancer (1 people, 14.29%)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (1 people, 14.29%)
- Multiple sclerosis (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vesicare (4 people, 57.14%)
- Dyazide (1 people, 14.29%)
- Detrol la (1 people, 14.29%)
- Vitamin e (1 people, 14.29%)
- Cenestin (1 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of bethanechol chloride and urinary retention on
Do you have Urinary Retention while taking Bethanechol Chloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Bethanechol chloride and have Urinary Retention
- support group for people who take Bethanechol chloride
- support group for people who have Urinary Retention
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lansoprazole, Testosterone Cypionate, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Finasteride, Lisinopril for a 57-year old man with Acid Reflux, Hypogonadism, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Urine Flow Decreased, Thyroid Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Male Orgasmic Disorder, Enlarged Prostate, Urinary Retention, Sleep Apnoea Syndrome, Chronic Pain, Ed
- A study of side effects of Welchol for a 80-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Urinary Retention
- A study of side effects of Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a 47-year old woman with Aanxiety And Depression. The patient has Urinary Retention
- A study of side effects of Phentermine for a 36-year old woman with Weight Loss. The patient has Urinary Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metoprolol Succinate, Flomax, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Hydrodiuril, Finasteride, Imodium for a 75-year old man with Hypercholesterolaemia, Hypertension - Essential, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Anxiety, Fluid Retention, Diarrhea. The patient has Urinary Retention
Recent Bethanechol chloride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.