Review: could Biaxin cause Insomnia?
Summary: Insomnia is found among people who take Biaxin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have Pain.
We study 9,489 people who have side effects while taking Biaxin from FDA and social media. Among them, 316 have Insomnia. Find out below who they are, when they have Insomnia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Biaxin and have Insomnia >>>
Biaxin has active ingredients of clarithromycin. It is often used in sinusitis. (latest outcomes from Biaxin 9,919 users)
Insomnia has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Insomnia 135,811 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 9,488 people reported to have side effects when taking Biaxin. Among them, 449 people (4.73%) have Insomnia.
Time on Biaxin when people have Insomnia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Insomnia when taking Biaxin * :
Age of people who have Insomnia when taking Biaxin * :
Severity of Insomnia when taking Biaxin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Insomnia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (34 people, 7.57%)
- Sinusitis (34 people, 7.57%)
- Metastases to bone (23 people, 5.12%)
- Bronchitis (22 people, 4.90%)
- Pneumonia (19 people, 4.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Ambien (100 people, 22.27%)
- Albuterol (84 people, 18.71%)
- Oxycontin (79 people, 17.59%)
- Percocet (67 people, 14.92%)
- Prilosec (60 people, 13.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Insomnia while taking Biaxin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Biaxin and have Insomnia
- support group for people who take Biaxin
- support group for people who have Insomnia
Recent conversations of related support groups:
- Support group for people who have Insomnia
My insomnia was provoked by a 'medicine cocktail', prescribed medications that were contraindicated. I just had a rough experience with Serotonin Syndrome, grateful to be alive.
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could do to belp.?
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming on. Since the Meclizine didn't make me sleepy the first time but instead had the opposite effect, I thought it would be ok to take it (this was an evening event with a meal). After eating, I began to get very sleepy and my face almost fell in my plate.
- I take 20mg of amitriptyline each notgh to help me sleep. i have just been diagnosed with parkinsons and need to takae azilect, whihc is an mao-b inhibotor, can i take them together
Can I take both these tables together? My consultant said it was ok to take both
but the Amitriptyline instructions say do not take with MAO-B inhibitors, Azilect is an MAO-B inhibitors
- My sister has been taking depakote cogentin and geodon and suffers with great memory loss inability to carry on a conversation and drops things all the time is this the effect of these drugs? (1 answer)
Sister takes over 16 perscriptions but the ones mentioned are severe.. due to being bi-polar, and severe agoraphobia and anxiety with depression..is this now her life? Not being able to fully comprehend or remember anything? Dropping things and falling when under the full impact of this medication? I either need to get some acceptance or find answers to the effects this medicine is causing..afraid to change up her medicines but needless to say I am worried...
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning and by midday today the side effects were unbearable. I am nauseous, have diarrhea, and a very severe headache. This didn't happen with Omeprazole. Do you think this is a drug interaction or is there some difference between the two that I am perhaps sensitive to?
More questions for: Biaxin, Insomnia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Doxylamine succinate and severe restless legs and insomnia
Could not sleep so took 2 doxylamine gel tablets. Got very sleepy but could not actually fall asleep. So I ended up, over the next few hours, taking 3 more. More sleepiness and more restless legs, and still couldn't sleep At All. Up the entire night but couldn't really do anything cause I was so sleepy. Maddening. Do not understand at all.
- Clarithromycin hallucinations and nightmares.
Auditory hallucinations, nightmares and delirium more so at night.
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first normal bowel movement in over 2 years. Stomach so damaged by Lorazepam that I have absolutely no appetite. I force myself to eat. Neuropathy in hands nearly gone. Feet are better but slower. Lymphedema that appeared after one year on Lorazepam is now gone. I have full range of motion.
- Zolpidem er side effects
I was in this medicaion for 2 weeks.I had severe headache,muscular backache and a rash in one side of my body.I didn't had problems falling asleep but I had problems staying asllep.I will switch to Lunesta 3mg.
- Lipitor and panic attack insomnia
My doctor put me on generic lipitor my triglycerides were slightly high 158 vs 150 goal and cholesterol not bad 128/28 although my ratio is bad. After less than a week on the medicine I woke up at 3 am wide awake and unable to calm down. I had anxiety issues several years go but have been off the meds for several years, I have a lot on my mind, aging parents and mother in law, kids in college that are struggling, my wife and I are 55 in corporate America, getting pushed aside, what to do in retirement, etc..but I was keeping it all together. I have incredibly anxious since that night. Still waking up at 3 am every night. Initially lots of thoughts about my loved ones dying. Thoughts about either my wife or I living alone, these thoughts have faded. None of the issues are on my mind but I get crazy anxious and cannot be alone. I am able to fall asleep, actually fall out really hard. Wake up every night at 3 and end up very anxious by noon. No appetite, lost more than 10 lbs in 10 days. On some meds to calm down and back on the anxiety meds. I believe the Lipitor triggered the attacks. I stopped the Lipitor immediately.
More reviews for: Biaxin, Insomnia
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have had insomnia off and on all my life until I turned 40 and the I was diagnosed with Psoriatic Arthritis and I was tired all the time and I was sleeping a lot for me and it was good to be able to sleep. The doctor put me on Methotrexate and Enbrel and I could still sleep not as much as before ...
- My obgyn tried this pill to help my cycles. My cycles were painful 3 out of 4 weeks a month. I have had a lot of stress going on in my life so I blew it off as that was why I am crying, can't sleep/well and ready to blow at any time. Now I am wondering if it is the pill.
daily constant headache
continuing cyanosis (nobody seems to tell me why....!)
bloating of tummy area and waistline
swollen and tender breasts (at sides)
severe acid reflux
tingling / burning sensation in my fee ...
- Concerned could have Serotonin Syndrome....not sure how long body takes to adjust to change in meds. From 100mcg.Synthroid to 75mcg then 5mcg
Cytomel added...have been on Pristiq (100mg for 5 years with one adjustment and little to no adverse side effects)...been on Synthroid for 44 years. Could th ...
- While on genetic restoril I am wearing a heart monitor because of pulse 125. For 4 hrs
I am not going to take this to see if palpitations or tachycardia stops
Is this fairly common. The drug has been a miracle worker but I am now afraid to take it
More related studies for: Biaxin, Insomnia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.