Review: could Biotin cause Arthritis - rheumatoid (Rheumatoid arthritis)?
Summary: Arthritis - rheumatoid is found among people who take Biotin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Folic acid, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 1,447 people who have side effects while taking Biotin from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Arthritis - rheumatoid. Find out below who they are, when they have Arthritis - rheumatoid and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Biotin and have Arthritis - rheumatoid >>>
Biotin has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss. (latest outcomes from 1,700 Biotin users)
Arthritis - rheumatoid
Arthritis - rheumatoid (autoimmune disease that results in a chronic, systemic inflammatory disorder that may affect many tissues and organs) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 218,218 Arthritis - rheumatoid patients)
On Apr, 27, 2015: 1,447 people reported to have side effects when taking Biotin. Among them, 8 people (0.55%) have Arthritis - Rheumatoid.
Time on Biotin when people have Arthritis - rheumatoid * :
Age of people who have Arthritis - rheumatoid when taking Biotin * :
|Arthritis - rheumatoid||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Severity of Arthritis - rheumatoid when taking Biotin ** :
How people recovered from Arthritis - rheumatoid ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (8 people, 100.00%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 62.50%)
- Hair disorder (4 people, 50.00%)
- Bone disorder (4 people, 50.00%)
- Vitamin supplementation (4 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (8 people, 100.00%)
- Methotrexate (6 people, 75.00%)
- Humira (6 people, 75.00%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (5 people, 62.50%)
- Calcitonin salmon (4 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Biotin and arthritis - rheumatoid on
Do you have Arthritis - Rheumatoid while taking Biotin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Biotin and have Arthritis - Rheumatoid
- support group for people who take Biotin
- support group for people who have Arthritis - Rheumatoid
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Biotin for a 46-year old woman with Hair Growth Abnormal. The patient has Burning Tongue Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Fish Oil, Turmeric, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Itraconazole, Liothyronine Sodium, Amlodipine for a 75-year old woman with Hair Growth Abnormal, Dry Macular Degeneration, Arthritis - Rheumatoid, Histoplasmosis - Disseminated, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Simvastatin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prilosec Otc, Cayenne, Multivitamin, Melatonin, Fish Oil, Calcium, Biotin, B Complex Vitamin, Tavist Allergy/sinus/headache, Actifed, Norco for a 50-year old woman with General Physical Condition, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Heartburn - Chronic, Edema, General Physical Health Deterioration, Difficulty Falling Asleep, Bone Strength And Calcium, Spoon Nails, Fatigue, Allergies, Chronic Pain. The patient has Enlarged Liver
- A study of side effects of Biotin for a 53-year old woman with Banda. The patient has Under Tongue Removed Small Hard Rock Out Of What I Thought Was A Blister. The Area Swelled And Went Back Down But White Rock. Was Still There Until Squeezed Out, Swollen Neck When Eating Then Goes Down After
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
Recent Biotin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.