Home > Biotin > Arthritis - rheumatoid > Biotin and Arthritis - rheumatoid
Review: could Biotin cause Arthritis - rheumatoid (Rheumatoid arthritis)?
Summary: Arthritis - rheumatoid is found among people who take Biotin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Folic acid, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 1,405 people who have side effects while taking Biotin from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Arthritis - rheumatoid. Find out below who they are, when they have Arthritis - rheumatoid and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Biotin and have Arthritis - rheumatoid >>>
Biotin (latest outcomes from 1,657 users) has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss.
Arthritis - rheumatoid
Arthritis - rheumatoid (autoimmune disease that results in a chronic, systemic inflammatory disorder that may affect many tissues and organs) (latest reports from 321,568 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 1,397 people reported to have side effects when taking Biotin. Among them, 8 people (0.57%) have Arthritis - Rheumatoid.
Time on Biotin when people have Arthritis - rheumatoid * :
Age of people who have Arthritis - rheumatoid when taking Biotin * :
|Arthritis - rheumatoid||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Severity of Arthritis - rheumatoid when taking Biotin ** :
How people recovered from Arthritis - rheumatoid ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (8 people, 100.00%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 62.50%)
- Hair disorder (4 people, 50.00%)
- Bone disorder (4 people, 50.00%)
- Vitamin supplementation (4 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Folic acid (8 people, 100.00%)
- Methotrexate (6 people, 75.00%)
- Humira (6 people, 75.00%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (5 people, 62.50%)
- Calcitonin salmon (4 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Arthritis - Rheumatoid while taking Biotin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Biotin and have Arthritis - Rheumatoid
- support group for people who take Biotin
- support group for people who have Arthritis - Rheumatoid
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Sulfasalazine)
I began taking sulfasalazine 5 days ago for Rheumatoid arthritis. Since then I've had stomach cramps and bloating. Has anyone else experienced these side effects? If so, did the symptoms go away after using taking the meds for a while? And did the meds help the RA symptoms?
- Can biotin 5000mg cause a mass on your breast
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Lump On Breast, and takes Biotin)
I started taken the biotin 5000mg 2 days ago and now I have a lump on my left breast
- Biotin and heart races? connection?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Biotin)
About 2 weeks ago I started on 3mg of Biotin a day. After about 4 days my heart started racing for period. It was uncomfortable and distracting. It's been nearly 2 weeks now and it's settled some but in the evening it comes back. Occassionaly during the day. Maybe at night I just notice it more but ...
- Can biotin cause prolonged heart racing?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Biotin)
I started taking 3mg of biotin a day for about 3 or 4 days. I noticed my heart racing which was unusual for me. None before starting biotin. I've stopped over a week ago, going on 2 weeks and my heart still races. More at night or maybe I notice it more at night. No, I would notice it during the day ...
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
More questions for: Biotin, Arthritis - rheumatoid
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Why has my bloodpresher now shot up
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Sulfadiazine)
My blood pressure was always low 120/68 now since being treated for rheumatoid arthritis it has shot up to 175/92
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Sulfasalazine and the never ending menstrual cycle
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Arthritis - Rheumatoid, and takes Sulfasalazine)
I started this drug and never had menstrual problems begore. Within 3 months, I started my period and it never stopped even with stopping the drug for 3 mon ths. I ended up going my gyne and he prescribed megace. I had been bleeding for a total of 6 months. Made an appt with my rhuemy and explai ...
- Vasculitis from enbrel
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, and takes Enbrel)
I have deep scars on my legs from vasculitis. This was caused by Enbrel. Initially no one would connect the two: per my rheumatologist 'no one has ever reported vasculitis as a side effect of enbrel.' (2003)
I had to suspend the enbrel for 8 weeks in preparation for complex abdominal surgery. The ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
(Posted by a 46 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, and takes Advair Diskus 250/50, Methotrexate, Plaquenil, Metformin, Klonopin, Zanaflex, Prednisone, Singulair, Imitrex, Nexium)
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
More reviews for: Biotin, Arthritis - rheumatoid
- A study of side effects of Lamictal for a patient with Epilepsy. The patient has Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints)
Comments: Left temporal lobe, no gm, 2-3 partials over 5 years that I know of, headache really bad 1 times week or so.
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin for a patient with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints)
Comments: Swelling in knees was noticed more after taking Wellbutrin. Type O positive.
- A study of side effects of Biotin for a patient with Hair Growth Abnormal. The patient has Menstruation Delayed (late menstruation cycle)
Comments: Started taking biotin and my period is late. Have symptoms of period like sore breasts tired bloated
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a patient with Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, Hdd, Artery Blockage. The patient has
Comments: I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and have started losing a lot of hair.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Clonidine for a patient with ACE Levels, Health, Hair Loss, Menopausal Symptoms, Memory Impairment, Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
More related studies for: Biotin, Arthritis - rheumatoid
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.