Review: could Biotin cause Bone and joint pain (Joint pain)?
Summary: Bone and joint pain is found among people who take Biotin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 1,440 people who have side effects while taking Biotin from FDA and social media. Among them, 108 have Bone and joint pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Bone and joint pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Biotin and have Bone and joint pain >>>
Biotin has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss. (latest outcomes from 1,692 Biotin users)
Bone and joint pain
Bone and joint pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 118,887 Bone and joint pain patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 1,435 people reported to have side effects when taking Biotin. Among them, 107 people (7.46%) have Bone And Joint Pain.
Time on Biotin when people have Bone and joint pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Biotin * :
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.03%||4.04%||39.39%||53.54% |
Severity of Bone and joint pain when taking Biotin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bone and joint pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (27 people, 25.23%)
- Osteoporosis (13 people, 12.15%)
- Prophylaxis (8 people, 7.48%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (8 people, 7.48%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 5.61%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (45 people, 42.06%)
- Synthroid (45 people, 42.06%)
- Multi-vitamins (38 people, 35.51%)
- Magnesium (38 people, 35.51%)
- Vitamin d (37 people, 34.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of biotin and bone and joint pain on
Do you have Bone And Joint Pain while taking Biotin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Biotin and have Bone And Joint Pain
- support group for people who take Biotin
- support group for people who have Bone and joint pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Linzess for a 73-year old woman with Constipation. The patient has Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Robaxin, Cymbalta, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Sr, Paxil, Suboxone for a 33-year old woman with Pain - Muscles, Ocd, Anxiety And Stress, Nerve Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Anxiety Disorder, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Bone And Joint Pain, Cellulitis, Nerve Pain, Muscle Pain
Recent Biotin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Biotin, Junel Fe 1.5/30 for a 22-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Biotin, Zoloft, Buspar for a 14-year old girl who has Trichotillomania
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Coenzyme R, Coenzyme Q10 for a 59-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Vitamin B7, Vitamin B6 for a 79-year old man who has Acute Brain Syndrome, Acute Confusional State, Delirium
- Comparions of Omega-3, Biotin, Multivitamin for a 30-year old woman who has Healthy Living
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.