Home > Biotin > Depression > Biotin and Depression
Review: could Biotin cause Depression?
We study 1,397 people who have side effects while taking Biotin from FDA and social media. Among them, 96 have Depression. Find out below who they are, when they have Depression and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Biotin and have Depression >>>
Biotin (latest outcomes from 1,652 users) has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss.
Depression (latest reports from 1,155,565 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 1,397 people reported to have side effects when taking Biotin. Among them, 96 people (6.87%) have Depression.
Time on Biotin when people have Depression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Depression when taking Biotin * :
Severity of Depression when taking Biotin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Depression ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (19 people, 19.79%)
- Multiple myeloma (19 people, 19.79%)
- Osteoporosis (13 people, 13.54%)
- Pain (7 people, 7.29%)
- Depression (6 people, 6.25%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (43 people, 44.79%)
- Zometa (43 people, 44.79%)
- Aredia (43 people, 44.79%)
- Magnesium (42 people, 43.75%)
- Aspirin (39 people, 40.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Depression while taking Biotin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Biotin and have Depression
- support group for people who take Biotin
- support group for people who have Depression
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 days ago):
menstrual problems could be simply because of age (51).
FANCYGIRL53 on Oct, 7, 2014:
Since starting metoprolol succinate er 25mg once a day 7 months ago. My menstrual cycle has stopped. Is this something common when on this medication. Has any other female experienced this.
From this study (2 months ago):
No weight problems until started taking the pravastatin and the levothyroxine
, started both meds same time
From this study (9 months ago):
Increased citrolopram dose to 30 mg developed rash in Thursday.
Increased symptoms of depression with increased dosage.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Biotin, Depression
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Yaz was the cause of increasing my pmdd, pms, irritability and depression symptoms
I had taken Ortho Novum 777 from the age of 18 to 28 stopping in-between pregnancies. I had 3 children between the ages of 21 and 29.
In my early 30's I decided to stop taking birth control pills simply because I 'thought' it would be a healthier thing to do for my body. I did know that unless I ...
- How saphris causedmy husbands death
My husband was given saphris to treat bipolar disorder in June, 2010. After taking it for two weeks,the dosage was increased. On July 29, 2010, he started having hallucinations and before I could get help (we lived in rural area), he committed suicide.
- Bpd and insomnia with abilify and cymbalta
I am currently in recovery from BPD, but still have some traits. I also suffer from depression. I suffer with insomnia also. I have noticed that if I forget to take my meds, I have a higher chance of not sleeping that night.
More reviews for: Biotin, Depression
On eHealthMe, Biotin (biotin) is often used for hair loss. Find out below the conditions Biotin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Biotin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (7 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (7 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (30 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
- Fastin for Weight Loss
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (2 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (3 hours ago)
- Advil Overdose
- Bladder Calculi
- High Blood Sugar
- Dilaudid Overdose
- Bilateral Hydronephrosis