Biotin and Eczema - from FDA reports
Eczema is found among people who take Biotin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Humira, and have Crohn's disease. This review analyzes which people have Eczema with Biotin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,396 people who have side effects when taking Biotin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
9,396 people reported to have side effects when taking Biotin.
Among them, 12 people (0.13%) have Eczema
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Biotin when people have Eczema *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 100 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Eczema when taking Biotin *:
- female: 91.67 %
- male: 8.33 %
Age of people who have Eczema when taking Biotin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 20 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 10 %
- 50-59: 50 %
- 60+: 20 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Insomnia (2 people, 16.67%)
- Crohn's Disease (2 people, 16.67%)
- Uveitis (1 person, 8.33%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (1 person, 8.33%)
- Immunodeficiency Common Variable (1 person, 8.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin B12 (3 people, 25.00%)
- Humira (3 people, 25.00%)
- Nexium (2 people, 16.67%)
- Neurontin (2 people, 16.67%)
- Levoxyl (2 people, 16.67%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (2 people, 16.67%)
- Nasopharyngitis (2 people, 16.67%)
- Inflammation (2 people, 16.67%)
- Fever (2 people, 16.67%)
- Fatigue (2 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Eczema when taking Biotin?
Biotin has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss. (latest outcomes from Biotin 9,369 users)
Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, crohn's disease, eczema (latest reports from 14,236 Eczema patients).