Home > Biotin > Headaches > Biotin and Headaches
Review: could Biotin cause Headaches (Headache)?
We study 1,397 people who have side effects while taking Biotin from FDA and social media. Among them, 97 have Headaches. Find out below who they are, when they have Headaches and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Biotin and have Headaches >>>
Biotin (latest outcomes from 1,652 users) has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss.
Headaches (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,191,904 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 1,397 people reported to have side effects when taking Biotin. Among them, 97 people (6.94%) have Headaches.
Time on Biotin when people have Headaches * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Headaches when taking Biotin * :
Severity of Headaches when taking Biotin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headaches ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (17 people, 17.53%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 16.49%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (14 people, 14.43%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (10 people, 10.31%)
- Prophylaxis (9 people, 9.28%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (46 people, 47.42%)
- Cymbalta (27 people, 27.84%)
- Simvastatin (24 people, 24.74%)
- Nexium (23 people, 23.71%)
- Ambien (23 people, 23.71%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Headaches while taking Biotin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Biotin and have Headaches
- support group for people who take Biotin
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 weeks ago):
menstrual problems could be simply because of age (51).
FANCYGIRL53 on Oct, 7, 2014:
Since starting metoprolol succinate er 25mg once a day 7 months ago. My menstrual cycle has stopped. Is this something common when on this medication. Has any other female experienced this.
From this study (10 months ago):
Marijuana helps for night relief but I cannot use it during the day. I cannot use it legally period in Arkansas.
From this study (2 years ago):
Maryann on Apr, 2, 2013:
How long after stopping the biotin did the headaches go away?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Did diarrhea eventually stop after stopping the biotin and if so, how long after?
I have colitis and recently had a flare up! Due to prednisone I lost a lot of my hair. I started to take biotin, I started with one pill a day and has no diarrhea until I started taking 3 pills a day! I'm also on remicade infusions every 2 months!
- What's the best home remedy for jaundice?
I started out thinking that I had pancreatitis, had all the symptoms, abdominal pain that went all the way thru to the back & inability to digest food (chronic indigestion). I read about keeping the bodys pH better balanced, bought pH test strips (urine) & found I was very acidic. I began eating mor ...
- What shoul i do to reverse the watering eye side effect caused by biotin?
I took a Biotin 5000 mcg capsule about 5 months ago. Ever since I took it my left eye has been watering uncontrollably every day! I have been to the optometrist and multiple eye places and they all say I have dry eyes. Problem is my eye doesn't burn, hurt, or anything. It SIMPLY waters. All and ever ...
More questions for: Biotin, Headaches
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Raspberry ketones - side-effect of red face, face muscle twitching
Whenever I use Raspberry Ketones 500mg capsules (1 a day) I get reddening of the tops of my cheeks coupled with muscle tightening/twitching of the cheek muscles closest to the nose (the muscles that contract if someone blows in your eyes) and the muscles at the bridge of nose at times too. Both sets ...
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
More reviews for: Biotin, Headaches
On eHealthMe, Biotin (biotin) is often used for hair loss. Find out below the conditions Biotin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Biotin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (57 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (59 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Asthma and Lewy Body Dementia
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (5 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (5 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (5 hours ago)
- Hot Flashes
- Wallenberg Syndrome
- Stomach Ulcer