Home > Biotin > Headaches > Biotin and Headaches
Review: could Biotin cause Headaches (Headache)?
We study 1,397 people who have side effects while taking Biotin from FDA and social media. Among them, 96 have Headaches. Find out below who they are, when they have Headaches and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Biotin and have Headaches >>>
Biotin (latest outcomes from 1,642 users) has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss.
Headaches (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,192,697 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Sep, 21, 2014: 1,384 people reported to have side effects when taking Biotin. Among them, 96 people (6.94%) have Headaches.
Time on Biotin when people have Headaches * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Headaches when taking Biotin * :
Severity of Headaches when taking Biotin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headaches ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (17 people, 17.71%)
- Hypertension (16 people, 16.67%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (14 people, 14.58%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (10 people, 10.42%)
- Vitamin supplementation (9 people, 9.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (46 people, 47.92%)
- Cymbalta (27 people, 28.12%)
- Simvastatin (24 people, 25.00%)
- Nexium (23 people, 23.96%)
- Ambien (23 people, 23.96%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Headaches while taking Biotin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Biotin and have Headaches
- group for people who take Biotin
Comments from related studies:
From this study (8 months ago):
Marijuana helps for night relief but I cannot use it during the day. I cannot use it legally period in Arkansas.
From this study (11 months ago):
menstrual problems could be simply because of age (51).
From this study (1 year ago):
Maryann on Apr, 2, 2013:
How long after stopping the biotin did the headaches go away?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Biotin, Headaches
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Still ill after several years
I became ill several years ago.
It all started with a head cold that lasted a few months and left me with Tinnitus and chronic sinusitis.
After a nose operation and many visits to the doc and hospital, I am no closer to felling better or being cured.
My doc gave me Beconase Aq at first and th ...
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
More reviews for: Biotin, Headaches
On eHealthMe, Biotin (biotin) is often used for hair loss. Find out below the conditions Biotin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Biotin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Headaches is also known as: Frequent Headaches, Headache, Pain - head.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (60 seconds ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (6 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (9 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (58 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (59 minutes ago)
- Breast Enlargement
- Nausea And Vomiting
- Solidago Virgaurea