Review: could Biotin cause High blood pressure?
Summary: High blood pressure is found among people who take Biotin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Fosamax, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 1,440 people who have side effects while taking Biotin from FDA and social media. Among them, 85 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Biotin and have High blood pressure >>>
Biotin has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss. (latest outcomes from 1,692 Biotin users)
High blood pressure
High blood pressure has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 329,841 High blood pressure patients)
On Mar, 13, 2015: 1,435 people reported to have side effects when taking Biotin. Among them, 85 people (5.92%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Biotin when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||11.11%||44.44%||22.22%||11.11%||11.11%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Biotin * :
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.44%||9.76%||7.32%||28.05%||52.44% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Biotin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||18.18%||63.64%||18.18%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||37.50%||62.50% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (44 people, 51.76%)
- Osteopenia (13 people, 15.29%)
- Atrial fibrillation (6 people, 7.06%)
- Asthma (5 people, 5.88%)
- Hair loss (5 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (37 people, 43.53%)
- Ascorbic acid (34 people, 40.00%)
- Aspirin (26 people, 30.59%)
- Vitamin e (23 people, 27.06%)
- Fosamax plus d (19 people, 22.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of biotin and high blood pressure on
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Biotin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Biotin and have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Biotin
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Mydriacyl for a 38-year old woman with Eye Exam - Standard. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Biotin for a 19-year old girl with Spoon Nails. The patient has Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Qsymia, Fetzima for a 46-year old man with Weight Loss, Depression. The patient has Tremor, Confusion, Dialated Pupils, Diaphoresis, Palpation, Insomnia, Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium, Prozac, Biotin for a 44-year old woman with IgA Deficiency, Enzyme Supplementation, Pms, Hair Loss. The patient has Gas - Flatulence
- A study of drug interactions between Azithromycin, Methylprednisolone for a 52-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Insomnia, Headache - Migraine Without Aura
Recent Biotin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Biotin, Junel Fe 1.5/30 for a 22-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Biotin, Zoloft, Buspar for a 14-year old girl who has Trichotillomania
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Coenzyme R, Coenzyme Q10 for a 59-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Vitamin B7, Vitamin B6 for a 79-year old man who has Acute Brain Syndrome, Acute Confusional State, Delirium
- Comparions of Omega-3, Biotin, Multivitamin for a 30-year old woman who has Healthy Living
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.