Review: could Biotin cause High blood pressure?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 8, 2014)
Severity ratings: 1.8/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 1,350 people who take Biotin. Among them, 80 have High blood pressure. See who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Biotin (latest outcomes from 1,565 users) has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss, hair growth abnormal. Commonly reported side effects of Biotin include nausea aggravated, nausea, stress and anxiety, pain exacerbated, pain.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,140,129 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Feb, 27, 2014: 1,174 people reported to have side effects when taking Biotin. Among them, 75 people (6.39%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Biotin when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||25.00%||0.00%||50.00%||0.00%||25.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Biotin * :
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.23%||4.23%||30.99%||60.56% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Biotin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||33.33%||50.00%||16.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||75.00%||25.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (42 people, 56.00%)
- Osteopenia (13 people, 17.33%)
- Atrial fibrillation (6 people, 8.00%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 6.67%)
- Insomnia (4 people, 5.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (36 people, 48.00%)
- Ascorbic acid (33 people, 44.00%)
- Aspirin (25 people, 33.33%)
- Vitamin e (22 people, 29.33%)
- Citracal (19 people, 25.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Biotin, High blood pressure
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Biotin (biotin) is often used for hair loss. Find out below the conditions Biotin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Biotin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Biotin side effects from A to Z:
Browse Biotin drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (5 months ago):
An Octunol(??)shunt was inserted inside the right eye in May 2013. No action was taken on the cataract formin in that eye.
Last doctor visit,October 25, revealed a new pressure of 19 in the left eye, which contains a cataract.
Clairitin has been taken for a week.
From this study (12 months ago):
Want to know if these drugs affect blood pressure
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Biotin, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Buspirone and biotin
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side an ...
- Went to dr. for high blood pressure.... dr. thought i was depressed and gave me samples of viibyrd....blood pressure kept increasing(205/117)
Made appointment with family dr. for my high blood pressure( 200/105)..he seemed to think I was depressed....He changed my blood pressure med and gave me Viibyrd...After taking one pill blood pressure increased to 227/107...Also, had like electrical shock sensations from heart..NEVER!!!!would I take ...
- High blood pressure and hot flashes
Had normalish hot flashes and night sweats since age 23. Genetically predestined for early menopause like my mother. At age 41-42 stopped menstrual cycle ...Hot flashes intensified to unbearable! would be outside in below freezing weather sweating like I was sitting in a sauna, I am now 45. I found ...
More reviews for: Biotin, High blood pressure
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between B Complex Vitamin, CoQ10, Biotin, Magnesium, Calcium, Probiotics, Vitamin D, Ativan, Monodox, Prednisone, Tamoxifen Citrate, Amlodipine Besylate for a patient with Lack Of Strength, Health, Hair Loss, Fat Absorption, Osteoporosis, Intestinal Cyst, Rbc Count, Itching - Burning Eyes, Itching In The Groin, Itching Scar, Cancer - Breast, Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Thinning (Hair loss), Knee Pain, Constipation, Fatigue, Small Bumps On Scalp And Rash Welts On Body, High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Combigan, Biotin, Vitamin D, Calcium, Caduet, Tekturna Hct, Synthroid for a patient with Angle Closure Glaucoma, Dry Skin, Osteoporosis, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism. The patient has High Blood Pressure, High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, L-theanine, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Folic Acid, Wheat Grass for a patient with Hair Loss, Sleeplessness, Vitamin Supplementation, Complement. The patient has Blood Pressure Increased (High blood pressure)
More related studies for: Biotin, High blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.