Home > Biotin > High blood pressure > Biotin and High blood pressure
Review: could Biotin cause High blood pressure?
We study 1,397 people who have side effects while taking Biotin from FDA and social media. Among them, 83 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Biotin and have High blood pressure >>>
Biotin (latest outcomes from 1,652 users) has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss.
High blood pressure
High blood pressure (latest reports from 1,143,390 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 1,397 people reported to have side effects when taking Biotin. Among them, 83 people (5.94%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Biotin when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||14.29%||42.86%||28.57%||0.00%||14.29%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Biotin * :
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.50%||8.75%||6.25%||28.75%||53.75% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Biotin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||22.22%||55.56%||22.22%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (43 people, 51.81%)
- Osteopenia (13 people, 15.66%)
- Atrial fibrillation (6 people, 7.23%)
- Hair loss (5 people, 6.02%)
- Hypertension (5 people, 6.02%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (37 people, 44.58%)
- Ascorbic acid (34 people, 40.96%)
- Aspirin (26 people, 31.33%)
- Vitamin e (23 people, 27.71%)
- Citracal (19 people, 22.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Biotin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Biotin and have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Biotin
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Biotin, High blood pressure
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Losartan potassium headaches
I avoided going to the doctor for years and decided it was time to bite the bullet. The bullet bit back. High Blood pressure and cholesterol. Doc prescribed me 100mg Losartan Potassium right out of the gate. At 33 years old, this concerns me. I've been on it for about a week and have had a cons ...
More reviews for: Biotin, High blood pressure
On eHealthMe, Biotin (biotin) is often used for hair loss. Find out below the conditions Biotin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Biotin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Biotin, Labetalol Hydrochloride, Valsartan And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Vitamin D Deficiency, Hair Loss, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Thinning, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Confusion, Blurred Vision, Loss Of Hair, High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrochlorothiazide, Folic Acid, Biotin, Enbrel, Prednisone, Savella, Mobic for a patient with High Blood Pressure, Hair Loss, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Fibromyalgia. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Combigan, Biotin, Vitamin D, Calcium, Caduet, Tekturna Hct, Synthroid for a patient with Angle Closure Glaucoma, Dry Skin, Osteoporosis, Osteoporosis Postmenopausal, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism. The patient has High Blood Pressure, High Blood Pressure
More related studies for: Biotin, High blood pressure
Recent Biotin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Biotin, High blood pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Phenylalanine, Adderall Xr 30 for a 34-year old woman who has Depression, Disturbance In Attention (54 minutes ago)
- Creon for a 59-year old man who has Pancreatic Insufficiency (56 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Vitamin D, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fioricet, Dexilant, Prozac for a 68-year old woman who has Bone And Joint Pain, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Thyroid Disorder, Migraine, GERD, Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Disturbance In Attention and Weight Gain
- Weight Gain and Depression
- Adderall Xr 30
Recent user comments
- "She has never had any behavior problems until 2 month ... " (5 hours ago)
- "I've taken oxybutynin for 20+ years. Some 10 years ag ... " (5 hours ago)
im not sure if l-lycine or l-arginine are re ... " (5 hours ago)
- Viola Odorata
- Feng Xian Hua
- Essential Tremor