Review: could Biotin cause Hirsutism (Excessive or unwanted hair in women)?
Summary: there is no Hirsutism reported by people who take Biotin yet.
We study 1,447 people who have side effects while taking Biotin from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Hirsutism and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Biotin and have Hirsutism >>>
Biotin has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss. (latest outcomes from 1,700 Biotin users)
Hirsutism (abnormal growth of hair on a person's face and body, esp. on a woman) has been reported by people with birth control, high blood pressure, epilepsy, accidental exposure, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 1,964 Hirsutism patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: No report is found
Get connected: join our support group of biotin and hirsutism on
Do you have Hirsutism while taking Biotin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Biotin
- support group for people who have Hirsutism
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Spironolactone for a 23-year old woman with Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo. The patient has Hypertrichosis
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Biotin, Lexapro, Vitamin D, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Losartan for a 65-year old woman with Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Hair Growth Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Vitamin D Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hair Loss, Night Sweats
- A study of side effects of Asmanex Twisthaler for a 26-year old woman with Asthma. The patient has Hair - Excessive (women)
- A study of drug interactions between Azo Gantanol, Adderall Xr 30 for a 20-year old woman with Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The patient has Abdominal Pain, Hirsutism, Urgent Urination, Frequent Or Urgent Urination
Recent Biotin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.