Home > Biotin > Itching > Biotin and Itching
Review: could Biotin cause Itching?
We study 1,397 people who have side effects while taking Biotin from FDA and social media. Among them, 60 have Itching. Find out below who they are, when they have Itching and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Biotin and have Itching >>>
Biotin (latest outcomes from 1,642 users) has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss.
Itching (latest reports from 545,906 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 1,384 people reported to have side effects when taking Biotin. Among them, 60 people (4.34%) have Itching.
Time on Biotin when people have Itching * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Itching when taking Biotin * :
Severity of Itching when taking Biotin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Itching ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (11 people, 18.33%)
- Low density lipoprotein increased (5 people, 8.33%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (5 people, 8.33%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 6.67%)
- Pain (4 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (19 people, 31.67%)
- Vitamin b-12 (16 people, 26.67%)
- Niaspan (15 people, 25.00%)
- Calcium (15 people, 25.00%)
- Adderall 5 (14 people, 23.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Itching while taking Biotin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Biotin and have Itching
- support group for people who take Biotin
- support group for people who have Itching
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 month ago):
palms of hand turn red and itch when exposed to cold lips and tongue tingle and itch
From this study (2 months ago):
i was diagnosed with syndrome of gilbert, thats why i have a yellowish skin (jaundice) i take also cranberry pills to counter jaundice, but doesnt really help i guess, but maybe the pills that i take to stop my hairloss, that i have for several years, might be the cause, those pills are: saw palmetto (350mg) and biotin. i'm out of saw palmetto pills, so im gonna see how i react to that, but maybe u guys can help me out, what can be the cause for my jaundice and/or itchy problem, thank u
From this study (4 months ago):
I've been taking haiirfinity for at lease 4 months but never had an itching problem until I started taking biotin about a month now but I reduced my hairfinity to 1 a day and I started taking MSM 1000 mg about 2 weeks now but I used to take the aMSM before and I never itch but I really think it's the biotin. I started drinking more water and it helps some but still itching. So what should I do, I'm trying to take the biotin for at lease 2 months , then I'm gonna stop for awhile
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Biotin, Itching
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Bone pain localized to poison ivy rash
I am having a moderate to strong reaction to poison ivy exposure. I have a localized rash with blistering, swelling and inflammation similar to cellulitis. The rash has been progressing for about a week. The blisters are not weeping or oozing. The area is cleaned daily with neem oil soap. Coincid ...
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Buspirone and biotin
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side an ...
More reviews for: Biotin, Itching
On eHealthMe, Biotin (biotin) is often used for hair loss. Find out below the conditions Biotin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Biotin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Aspirin And Dipyridamole, Aspirin, Alprazolam, Gabapentin, Guanfacine Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Abilify, Baclofen, Duloxetine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid for a 64-year old man who has Headache, Blood Thinner, Anxiety Disorder, Peripheral Neuropathy, Chloresterol, Depression, Thyroid Disorder (47 minutes ago)
- Benadryl for a 26-year old woman who has Allergies (56 minutes ago)
- Curcumin, Borage Oil, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Folic Acid, Amlodipine Besylate, Humira, Methotrexate, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate for a 60-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Hypertension (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Neurontin and Herba Ginkgo Biloba
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Tapazole
- Cromolyn Sodium and Angioedema
- Platelet Count Decreased and Avodart
Recent user comments
- "Esophagitis gastritis for years, scope every five yea ... " (2 hours ago)
- "hypertension difficult to control; toprol augmented w ... " (3 hours ago)
- "i have night chest tightness,,, cough,, seeded medica ... " (4 hours ago)
- High Blood Pressure
- Puncture Weed
- Pemphigus Vulgaris