Review: could Biotin cause Occipital neuralgia?
Summary: Occipital neuralgia is found among people who take Biotin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Furosemide, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 1,409 people who have side effects while taking Biotin from FDA and social media. Among them, 21 have Occipital neuralgia. Find out below who they are, when they have Occipital neuralgia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Biotin and have Occipital neuralgia >>>
Biotin has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss. (latest outcomes from Biotin 1,660 users)
Occipital neuralgia (condition characterized by chronic pain in the upper neck) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, multiple myeloma, pain, stress and anxiety.(latest reports from Occipital neuralgia 204 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 1,405 people reported to have side effects when taking Biotin. Among them, 21 people (1.49%) have Occipital Neuralgia.
Time on Biotin when people have Occipital neuralgia * :
Age of people who have Occipital neuralgia when taking Biotin * :
|Occipital neuralgia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Occipital neuralgia when taking Biotin ** :
How people recovered from Occipital neuralgia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (19 people, 90.48%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (19 people, 90.48%)
- Crestor (19 people, 90.48%)
- Synthroid (19 people, 90.48%)
- Imdur (19 people, 90.48%)
- Chromium chloride (19 people, 90.48%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Occipital Neuralgia while taking Biotin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Biotin and have Occipital Neuralgia
- support group for people who take Biotin
- support group for people who have Occipital Neuralgia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can biotin 5000mg cause a mass on your breast
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Lump On Breast, and takes Biotin)
I started taken the biotin 5000mg 2 days ago and now I have a lump on my left breast
- Biotin and heart races? connection?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Biotin)
About 2 weeks ago I started on 3mg of Biotin a day. After about 4 days my heart started racing for period. It was uncomfortable and distracting. It's been nearly 2 weeks now and it's settled some but in the evening it comes back. Occassionaly during the day. Maybe at night I just notice it more but ...
- Can biotin cause prolonged heart racing?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Biotin)
I started taking 3mg of biotin a day for about 3 or 4 days. I noticed my heart racing which was unusual for me. None before starting biotin. I've stopped over a week ago, going on 2 weeks and my heart still races. More at night or maybe I notice it more at night. No, I would notice it during the day ...
- Did diarrhea eventually stop after stopping the biotin and if so, how long after?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Diarrhea , and takes Biotin)
I have colitis and recently had a flare up! Due to prednisone I lost a lot of my hair. I started to take biotin, I started with one pill a day and has no diarrhea until I started taking 3 pills a day! I'm also on remicade infusions every 2 months!
- What shoul i do to reverse the watering eye side effect caused by biotin? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has Watery Eyes, and takes Biotin)
I took a Biotin 5000 mcg capsule about 5 months ago. Ever since I took it my left eye has been watering uncontrollably every day! I have been to the optometrist and multiple eye places and they all say I have dry eyes. Problem is my eye doesn't burn, hurt, or anything. It SIMPLY waters. All and ever ...
More questions for: Biotin, Occipital neuralgia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Buspirone and biotin
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Vomiting, Abdominal Pain Lower, and takes Biotin, Buspirone Hydrochloride)
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side an ...
More reviews for: Biotin, Occipital neuralgia
- A study of drug interactions between Sodium Sulfacetamide, Metrogel, Fish Oil, Biotin, Zanaflex, Zoloft for a patient with Rosacea, Just To Be Helpful, For Hair Loss And Thinning.wasnt Suggested/prescribed By Doctor., Muscle Spasms In Neck , Bulging Discs, Stenosis. Only Use Sparingly, Not Much At All., Depression. The patient has Dizziness, Hair Thinning, Loss Of Hair
Comments: *I have noticed breakage of hair.Trying to use coconut and olive oil for hair.Not used on scalp.
*I first noticed thinning after using selenium face wash.I was told I could use it on my scalp. But I looked online and saw that it could cause hairloss. I quit using it after a few tries on my face ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin C, Biotin, Vitamin E, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6, Clonidine for a patient with ACE Levels, Health, Hair Loss, Menopausal Symptoms, Memory Impairment, Menopause Hot Flashes. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3, Biotin, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Vyvanse, Escitalopram, Plaquenil, Alprazolam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Malnutrition, Sjogren's Syndrome, Add, Depression, Lupus, Anxiety, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Eating Disorder, Anxiety And Stress, Ocd, Weight Below Normal
Comments: In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Biotin, Adrenal Cortex Extract, Dopamine Hydrochloride, Pancreatin, Fluoxetine, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Vitamin C for a patient with Autoimmune Thyroiditis, Brittle Nails, Fatigue, Tremor, Pancreatic Enzymes Decreased, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Deficiency Anaemia, Hashish. The patient has Painful Abdomen, Bloating, Tenderness, Fluid Retention Weight Gain
Comments: 7 years ago confirmed high cortisol possible adrenal fatigue. hyperthryoid documented abdomenal pain mri negative on pituitary and abdomen
counselling and diet
today, internal tremors, reactive hypoglycemia, anemic, neuropathy, vitiligo, hypersensitivity, elevated tsh, hashimoto antibodies, ab ...
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Nexium for a patient with Hair Loss, Low Thyroid, Heartburn. The patient has Severe Rash
Comments: I've started taking biotin 4500, once a day, for almost a month. I have developed a very serious rash that is extremely itchy. Started with what looked like acne on my face but wasn't. Mostly it is on my body, almost everywhere. Even light scratching will cause some of them to bleed. On the upside, ...
More related studies for: Biotin, Occipital neuralgia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.