Home > Biotin > Potassium - high > Biotin and Potassium - high
Review: could Biotin cause Potassium - high (Hyperkalemia)?
We study 1,397 people who have side effects while taking Biotin from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Potassium - high. Find out below who they are, when they have Potassium - high and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Biotin and have Potassium - high >>>
Biotin (latest outcomes from 1,652 users) has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss.
Potassium - high
Potassium - high (damage to or disease of the kidney) (latest reports from 188,925 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, pain, cardiac failure.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 1,397 people reported to have side effects when taking Biotin. Among them, 6 people (0.43%) have Potassium - High.
Time on Biotin when people have Potassium - high * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Potassium - high||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Potassium - high when taking Biotin * :
|Potassium - high||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Potassium - high when taking Biotin ** :
How people recovered from Potassium - high ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (2 people, 33.33%)
- Hypercalcaemia (1 people, 16.67%)
- Gastric neoplasm (1 people, 16.67%)
- Gastric cancer (1 people, 16.67%)
- Hyperparathyroidism secondary (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Diovan (3 people, 50.00%)
- Folic acid (2 people, 33.33%)
- Gleevec (2 people, 33.33%)
- Docusate (2 people, 33.33%)
- Nexium (2 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Potassium - High while taking Biotin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Biotin and have Potassium - High
- support group for people who take Biotin
- support group for people who have Potassium - High
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 days ago):
Started taking biotin and my period is late. Have symptoms of period like sore breasts tired bloated
From this study (3 days ago):
I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and have started losing a lot of hair.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Have had continued hair loss for the last 5 years. It started slowly in the front of scalp but am now losing hair all over my head. Am wondering if it is the Clonidine causing this problem. Am taking Clonidine for Menopausal Hot Flashes.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Biotin, Potassium - high
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Buspirone and biotin
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side an ...
More reviews for: Biotin, Potassium - high
On eHealthMe, Biotin (biotin) is often used for hair loss. Find out below the conditions Biotin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Biotin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (43 minutes ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (43 minutes ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
- Mucinex and Double Vision
- Chest Pain
- Excessive Masturbation
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (3 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (4 hours ago)
- Tricuspid Atresia
- Lymphocytic Leukaemia
- Valsartan; Hydrochlorothiazide