Home > Biotin > Sensitivity of teeth > Biotin and Sensitivity of teeth
Review: could Biotin cause Sensitivity of teeth?
Summary: Sensitivity of teeth is found among people who take Biotin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Vitamin d, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 1,405 people who have side effects while taking Biotin from FDA and social media. Among them, 23 have Sensitivity of teeth. Find out below who they are, when they have Sensitivity of teeth and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Biotin and have Sensitivity of teeth >>>
Biotin (latest outcomes from 1,657 users) has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss.
Sensitivity of teeth
Sensitivity of teeth (latest reports from 14,417 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, multiple myeloma, metastases to bone, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 1,397 people reported to have side effects when taking Biotin. Among them, 23 people (1.65%) have Sensitivity Of Teeth.
Time on Biotin when people have Sensitivity of teeth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sensitivity of teeth||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Sensitivity of teeth when taking Biotin * :
|Sensitivity of teeth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||88.89%||11.11% |
Severity of Sensitivity of teeth when taking Biotin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sensitivity of teeth||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sensitivity of teeth ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (14 people, 60.87%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2 people, 8.70%)
- Heartburn prevention (1 people, 4.35%)
- Deficiency - vitamin c (1 people, 4.35%)
- Hunger (1 people, 4.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (20 people, 86.96%)
- Zometa (19 people, 82.61%)
- Celebrex (19 people, 82.61%)
- Aredia (19 people, 82.61%)
- Cymbalta (19 people, 82.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sensitivity Of Teeth while taking Biotin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Biotin and have Sensitivity Of Teeth
- support group for people who take Biotin
- support group for people who have Sensitivity Of Teeth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can biotin 5000mg cause a mass on your breast
(Asked by a 29 year old woman who has Lump On Breast, and takes Biotin)
I started taken the biotin 5000mg 2 days ago and now I have a lump on my left breast
- Biotin and heart races? connection?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Biotin)
About 2 weeks ago I started on 3mg of Biotin a day. After about 4 days my heart started racing for period. It was uncomfortable and distracting. It's been nearly 2 weeks now and it's settled some but in the evening it comes back. Occassionaly during the day. Maybe at night I just notice it more but ...
- Can biotin cause prolonged heart racing?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Biotin)
I started taking 3mg of biotin a day for about 3 or 4 days. I noticed my heart racing which was unusual for me. None before starting biotin. I've stopped over a week ago, going on 2 weeks and my heart still races. More at night or maybe I notice it more at night. No, I would notice it during the day ...
- Did diarrhea eventually stop after stopping the biotin and if so, how long after?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Diarrhea , and takes Biotin)
I have colitis and recently had a flare up! Due to prednisone I lost a lot of my hair. I started to take biotin, I started with one pill a day and has no diarrhea until I started taking 3 pills a day! I'm also on remicade infusions every 2 months!
- What shoul i do to reverse the watering eye side effect caused by biotin?
(Asked by a 21 year old woman who has Watery Eyes, and takes Biotin)
I took a Biotin 5000 mcg capsule about 5 months ago. Ever since I took it my left eye has been watering uncontrollably every day! I have been to the optometrist and multiple eye places and they all say I have dry eyes. Problem is my eye doesn't burn, hurt, or anything. It SIMPLY waters. All and ever ...
More questions for: Biotin, Sensitivity of teeth
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Buspirone and biotin
(Posted by a 25 year old woman who has Vomiting, Abdominal Pain Lower, and takes Biotin, Buspirone Hydrochloride)
I took only 1 10,000Mcg biotin capsule and 1 buspirone (sorry to not have dosage) at roughly the sAme time (aprx 2pm).later that night, I felt severe anxiety and a giant ” knot” in my chest causing difficulty breathing. Few hours passed then I began to feel a sharp throbbing pain in left side an ...
More reviews for: Biotin, Sensitivity of teeth
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Omega-3 Oil, Cranberry Fruit, Biotin, Multivitamin, Baby Aspirin, Pravastatin Sodium, Plavix, Lopressor, Multaq for a patient with Wine And Heart Health, Keep Urinary Tract Healthy, Hair Loss, In Case Of Difiencies, Help Thin Blood For Stent, Lower Cholesterol, Blood Thinner, Acquired Pyloric Stenosis, Birth Control. The patient has Acquired Afibrinogenaemia
Comments: Had chest discomfort. Found blockage and performed a stent procedure. Put on Plavix 75mg once a day, lopressor 12 1/2mg twice a day, Lipitor 80mg once a day. Developed flutter first night in hospital. Meds brought heartrate back to normal. Two weeks later had to have an ablation to stop flutter. Two ...
- A study of drug interactions between Carbamazepine, Zonisamide, Lamotrigine, Lamotrigine, Acyclovir, Gamma-aminobutyric Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D, B-12, Vimpat for a patient with Epilepsy, Herpes Simplex, Loss Of Hair, Osteopetrosis, Low Density Lipoprotein Abnormal. The patient has Stools - Bloody, Depression, Osteoporosis, Lamotrigine, Stomach Discomfort, Coordination Abnormal Nos, Lack Of Spontaneous Speech
Comments: Diagnosed at age 6....Controlled until the last 5 years (2 status epilepticus).
Better now but having a complex partial every couple months. Coming off Vimpat
as the half life being so short caused problems along with other side effects.
Ramping up on Lamotrigine....now at 350mg total. Just exper ...
- A study of side effects of Doxycycline for a patient with Chest Infection. The patient has Sensitivity Of Teeth
Comments: I have never suffered with sensitive teeth before. Not once. Even whilst taking the medicine I could feel my teeth getting more sensitive day by day. The actual medicine I had was Doxycycline 1 x 100mg tablet a day for 14 days and I don't know the maker of it, I selected (Baxter Healthcare) because ...
- A study of side effects of Biotin for a patient with Aging Changes In Hair And Nails. The patient has Abdominal Pain Upper, Weight Loss, Constipation, Blurred Vision, Abdominal Bloating, Insomnia, Anxiety, Tingling In Fingers, Mouth & Feet, Always Cold
Comments: Extreme abdominal pain, abdominal pain after eating, always cold, severe constipation (unable to go without Miralax), severe abdominal bloating, tingling in fingers, toes and mouth, blurred vision, extreme weight loss (between 60-70 pounds without trying), headaches, anxiety.
Has had every test ...
More related studies for: Biotin, Sensitivity of teeth
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.