Review: could Biotin cause Sensitivity of teeth?
Summary: Sensitivity of teeth is found among people who take Biotin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Vitamin d, and have Metastases to bone.
We study 1,447 people who have side effects while taking Biotin from FDA and social media. Among them, 23 have Sensitivity of teeth. Find out below who they are, when they have Sensitivity of teeth and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Biotin and have Sensitivity of teeth >>>
Biotin has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss. (latest outcomes from 1,700 Biotin users)
Sensitivity of teeth
Sensitivity of teeth has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, multiple myeloma, metastases to bone, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 1,572 Sensitivity of teeth patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 1,440 people reported to have side effects when taking Biotin. Among them, 23 people (1.60%) have Sensitivity Of Teeth.
Time on Biotin when people have Sensitivity of teeth * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Sensitivity of teeth||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Sensitivity of teeth when taking Biotin * :
|Sensitivity of teeth||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||88.89%||11.11% |
Severity of Sensitivity of teeth when taking Biotin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Sensitivity of teeth||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Sensitivity of teeth ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Metastases to bone (14 people, 60.87%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2 people, 8.70%)
- Heartburn prevention (1 people, 4.35%)
- Deficiency - vitamin c (1 people, 4.35%)
- Hunger (1 people, 4.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin d (20 people, 86.96%)
- Zometa (19 people, 82.61%)
- Celebrex (19 people, 82.61%)
- Aredia (19 people, 82.61%)
- Cymbalta (19 people, 82.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of biotin and sensitivity of teeth on
Do you have Sensitivity Of Teeth while taking Biotin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Biotin and have Sensitivity Of Teeth
- support group for people who take Biotin
- support group for people who have Sensitivity Of Teeth
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Biotin, Lexapro, Vitamin D, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Losartan for a 65-year old woman with Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Hair Growth Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Vitamin D Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hair Loss, Night Sweats
- A study of side effects of Biotin for a 77-year old woman with Nightmares. The patient has Nightmares
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Namenda, Ginkgo Biloba, Niacin And Niacinamide, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Patanol for a 76-year old woman with Nail Disorder, Alzheimer's Disease, Dementia, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, Allergy. The patient has Fatigue, Rash Generalised
- A study of drug interactions between Flonase, Biotin for a 25-year old woman with Allergy, Healthy Hair And Nails, As Well As Energy Production,. The patient has Constipation, Blurred Vision, Fatigue, Irritability, Missed Periods, Cramps - Leg, Headache
Recent Biotin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.