Review: could Biotin cause Skin spots - red (Bleeding into the skin)?
Summary: Skin spots - red is found among people who take Biotin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 1,447 people who have side effects while taking Biotin from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Skin spots - red. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin spots - red and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Biotin and have Skin spots - red >>>
Biotin has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss. (latest outcomes from 1,700 Biotin users)
Skin spots - red
Skin spots - red (red spot on skin) has been reported by people with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 6,483 Skin spots - red patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: 1,440 people reported to have side effects when taking Biotin. Among them, 22 people (1.53%) have Skin Spots - Red.
Time on Biotin when people have Skin spots - red * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin spots - red||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Skin spots - red when taking Biotin * :
|Skin spots - red||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||95.45%||4.55% |
Severity of Skin spots - red when taking Biotin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin spots - red||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Skin spots - red ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Skin spots - red||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (17 people, 77.27%)
- Blood clots (1 people, 4.55%)
- Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness (1 people, 4.55%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 4.55%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (1 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (20 people, 90.91%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (18 people, 81.82%)
- Crestor (18 people, 81.82%)
- Alprazolam (18 people, 81.82%)
- Claritin (17 people, 77.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of biotin and skin spots - red on
Do you have Skin Spots - Red while taking Biotin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Biotin and have Skin Spots - Red
- support group for people who take Biotin
- support group for people who have Skin Spots - Red
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Fish Oil, Turmeric, Plaquenil, Sulfasalazine, Itraconazole, Liothyronine Sodium, Amlodipine for a 75-year old woman with Hair Growth Abnormal, Dry Macular Degeneration, Arthritis - Rheumatoid, Histoplasmosis - Disseminated, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Simvastatin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prilosec Otc, Cayenne, Multivitamin, Melatonin, Fish Oil, Calcium, Biotin, B Complex Vitamin, Tavist Allergy/sinus/headache, Actifed, Norco for a 50-year old woman with General Physical Condition, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Heartburn - Chronic, Edema, General Physical Health Deterioration, Difficulty Falling Asleep, Bone Strength And Calcium, Spoon Nails, Fatigue, Allergies, Chronic Pain. The patient has Enlarged Liver
- A study of side effects of Biotin for a 53-year old woman with Banda. The patient has Under Tongue Removed Small Hard Rock Out Of What I Thought Was A Blister. The Area Swelled And Went Back Down But White Rock. Was Still There Until Squeezed Out, Swollen Neck When Eating Then Goes Down After
- A study of drug interactions between St. John's Wort, Vitamin C, Biotin, Zyrtec, Garlic, Multivitamin, L-Lysine, Indian Tumeric, Tylenol W/ Codeine No. 3, Sertraline, Relpax, Butalbital, Acetaminophen And Caffeine, Baclofen, Chlorpromazine Hydrochloride, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 37-year old woman with Dysthymic Disorder, Acne Cystic, Rhinitis, General Physical Health Deterioration, Pain - Leg, Migraine, Belching.
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Biotin, Lexapro, Vitamin D, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Losartan for a 65-year old woman with Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Hair Growth Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Vitamin D Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hair Loss, Night Sweats
Recent Biotin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.