Review: could Biotin cause Skin spots - red (Bleeding into the skin)?
Summary: Skin spots - red is found among people who take Biotin, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 1,440 people who have side effects while taking Biotin from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Skin spots - red. Find out below who they are, when they have Skin spots - red and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Biotin and have Skin spots - red >>>
Biotin has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss. (latest outcomes from 1,692 Biotin users)
Skin spots - red
Skin spots - red (red spot on skin) has been reported by people with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 6,482 Skin spots - red patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 1,435 people reported to have side effects when taking Biotin. Among them, 22 people (1.53%) have Skin Spots - Red.
Time on Biotin when people have Skin spots - red * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Skin spots - red||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Skin spots - red when taking Biotin * :
|Skin spots - red||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||95.45%||4.55% |
Severity of Skin spots - red when taking Biotin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Skin spots - red||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Skin spots - red ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Skin spots - red||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (17 people, 77.27%)
- Blood clots (1 people, 4.55%)
- Exhaustion, fatigue, lethargy, tiredness, weariness (1 people, 4.55%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 4.55%)
- High density lipoprotein decreased (1 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (20 people, 90.91%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (18 people, 81.82%)
- Crestor (18 people, 81.82%)
- Alprazolam (18 people, 81.82%)
- Claritin (17 people, 77.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Skin Spots - Red while taking Biotin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Biotin and have Skin Spots - Red
- support group for people who take Biotin
- support group for people who have Skin Spots - Red
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Lyrica, Neurontin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Losartan, Bydureon, Metformin, Humalog, Chantix for a 39-year old woman with Deficiency Anaemia, Pain, Gerd, Neuropathy, Hypertension, Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Quit Smoking. The patient has Amphetamines Positive
- A study of drug interactions between Claritin, Lorazepam, Pantoprazole, Metoprolol Succinate, Biotin, Zoloft, Gabapentin for a 19-year old girl with Allergy, Anxiety Disorder, Acid Reflux, Tachycardia, Keratosis Pilaris, Migraine With Aura. The patient has Blurred Vision, Double Vision, Cold Exposure - Extremities, Sweating Decreased, Sweating, Seizure - Tonic-clonic, Brain Injury, Gastroparesis, Low Blood Pressure, Dizziness, Tachycardia
- A study of side effects of Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 58-year old man with Chronic Pain. The patient has Petechiae (a small red or purple spot caused by bleeding into the skin)
- A study of side effects of Biotin for a 19-year old girl with Spoon Nails. The patient has Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Magnesium, Prozac, Biotin for a 44-year old woman with IgA Deficiency, Enzyme Supplementation, Pms, Hair Loss. The patient has Gas - Flatulence
Recent Biotin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Biotin, Junel Fe 1.5/30 for a 22-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Biotin, Zoloft, Buspar for a 14-year old girl who has Trichotillomania
- Comparions of Metoprolol Succinate, Coenzyme R, Coenzyme Q10 for a 59-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Vitamin B7, Vitamin B6 for a 79-year old man who has Acute Brain Syndrome, Acute Confusional State, Delirium
- Comparions of Omega-3, Biotin, Multivitamin for a 30-year old woman who has Healthy Living
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.