Review: could Bisoprolol fumarate cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Bisoprolol fumarate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 15,551 people who have side effects while taking Bisoprolol fumarate from FDA and social media. Among them, 91 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Bisoprolol fumarate and have High blood sugar >>>
Bisoprolol fumarate has active ingredients of bisoprolol fumarate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from Bisoprolol fumarate 15,995 users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder.(latest reports from High blood sugar 16,702 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 15,547 people reported to have side effects when taking Bisoprolol fumarate. Among them, 87 people (0.56%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Bisoprolol fumarate when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||75.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Bisoprolol fumarate * :
|High blood sugar||41.67%||58.33% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Bisoprolol fumarate * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.29%||1.43%||0.00%||8.57%||85.71% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Bisoprolol fumarate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (24 people, 27.59%)
- Atrial fibrillation (10 people, 11.49%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (9 people, 10.34%)
- Schizophrenia (8 people, 9.20%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 8.05%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (19 people, 21.84%)
- Furosemide (17 people, 19.54%)
- Lantus (17 people, 19.54%)
- Ramipril (17 people, 19.54%)
- Simvastatin (15 people, 17.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Bisoprolol Fumarate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Bisoprolol fumarate and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Bisoprolol fumarate
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- Has anyone who takes bisoprolol fumarate experienced a "lump" type sensation in their throat? (3 answers)
I've been taking these since having a pacemaker fitted last November. Just recently I've begun to experience a "lump" type feeling when I swallow. I just wondered if it had anything to do with the medication.
- Does bisoprolol make you tired? (1 answer)
I am very tired and have noticed increased ringing in my ears and flashing lights in my vision.is this due to side effects of drugs...
- Do anyone have sleep problems with bisoprolol (2 answers)
wake up as if lack of Circulation or Blood flow and pulse thumping in back between shoulder blades and my left hand side
- Can humira cause a tremor and neurological symtems (1 answer)
I have had hypertension for approximately 15 Years which the doctors and cardiologist have struggled to get under control, I have been taking 6 medications daily. My weight over the past 15 years has been constantly around 16 stones 7 lbs, over the last 4 months I have dieted and managed to drop my weight to 14 stones 4 lbs, my G.P. has firstly dropped my Ramipril 10mg to 5mg & also my Amlodopine the same, I have come off Benzoflumazide altogether, so things are truly looking good on this front.
Just over 7 years ago I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Sarcoidosis & Rheumatoid Arthritis very close together which are both autoimmune diseases and was prescribed a high dose of steroids and later Methotrexate, my health deteriorated to a stage where I could not get about or even turn my wrist to wipe my own bottom. At this point I was prescribed Humira Anti-TNF alpha drug which has up to now been fantastic it was life changing as it gave me my life back and allowed me to work as I am a self-employed Stone Carver & Letter Cutter. Over the past 20 years I have had a Hand Tremor that I have always blamed on my long use of vibrating air tools, but over the past month or so I have developed a more noticeable Hand Tremor where food is falling off my fork, hand writing has become eligible, I am pressing double digits on my IPad, and I am struggling to hold my chisel hand steady to Letter Cut, worst of all, my Rheumatologist has take me off my Humira because of the Tremor and protocol says this should be done until my condition is identified, which may put me back to square one, prior to this my tG.P. had arranged for me to see a Neurologist who I have not yet seen.
Can anybody tell me if Humira is the likely neurological cause of my tremor ?
More questions for: Bisoprolol fumarate, High blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this way before.
More reviews for: Bisoprolol fumarate, High blood sugar
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- Over a period of some two years on the Hypertensive drug it was noticed a possible increase in symptoms that could be BPH. After the two years I stopped taking the drug as it made little apparent difference to the Hypertension. Two weeks later the BPH problem has gone away !!! The only way to ass ...
- I just had radical hysterectomy 8 weeks ago. I was under general anesthesia for 6 hours. I take spironolactone 100mg x2/day, HRT, Ambien, and Nicorette gum 2 mg. PCP wants me to discontinue Spiro, but this time is crucial for me to continue Spiro. Do I decrease Spiro to 100mg or spiro completely and ...
- My dad has been diabetic for about9 yrs now and started on Huminsulin then. However for the last 6 yrs he has been on Novorapid and Lantus.
Now I am suspecting a probable Somogyi effect,for the last 3 - 4 months.This started after a recent bout of hypoglycaemia during the day when the blood sugar ...
More related studies for: Bisoprolol fumarate, High blood sugar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.