Review: could Bisoprolol fumarate cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Bisoprolol fumarate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 15,571 people who have side effects while taking Bisoprolol fumarate from FDA and social media. Among them, 91 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bisoprolol fumarate and have High blood sugar >>>
Bisoprolol fumarate has active ingredients of bisoprolol fumarate. It is often used in high blood pressure. (latest outcomes from 16,020 Bisoprolol fumarate users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, bipolar disorder. (latest reports from 17,128 High blood sugar patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 15,568 people reported to have side effects when taking Bisoprolol fumarate. Among them, 87 people (0.56%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Bisoprolol fumarate when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||75.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Bisoprolol fumarate * :
|High blood sugar||41.67%||58.33% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Bisoprolol fumarate * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.29%||1.43%||0.00%||8.57%||85.71% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Bisoprolol fumarate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (24 people, 27.59%)
- Atrial fibrillation (10 people, 11.49%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (9 people, 10.34%)
- Schizophrenia (8 people, 9.20%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 8.05%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (19 people, 21.84%)
- Furosemide (17 people, 19.54%)
- Lantus (17 people, 19.54%)
- Ramipril (17 people, 19.54%)
- Simvastatin (15 people, 17.24%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of bisoprolol fumarate and high blood sugar on
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Bisoprolol Fumarate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Bisoprolol fumarate and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Bisoprolol fumarate
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Bisoprolol Fumarate, Telmisartan for a 70-year old woman with Hypertension - Essential. The patient has Bradycardia
- A study of drug interactions between Eplerenone, Hydrochlorothiazide, Irbesartan for a 79-year old woman with Hypertensive Heart Disease, Hypertension, Systemic Sclerosis (scleroderma). The patient has Hyperglycemia
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 20, Zoloft for a 25-year old woman with ADD, Depression Suicidal. The patient has Insomnia, Hyperglycaemia, Dry Mouth, Memory Loss
- A study of side effects of Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 63-year old man with Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Dizziness Postural, Exercise Tolerance Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Omeprazole, Gemfibrozil, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 55-year old man with Blood Triglycerides Abnormal, Barrett's Oesophagus, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has High Blood Sugar
Recent Bisoprolol fumarate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Benicar, Losartan, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Bystolic for a 71-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Atenolol, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 80-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
- Comparions of Telmisartan, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 67-year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure
- Comparions of Mirtazapine, Acetylsalicylic Acid, Amlodipine, Candesartan Cilexetil, Bisoprolol Fumarate for a 56-year old man who has Heart Failure
- Comparions of Amlodipine Besylate, Bisoprolol Fumarate, Atenolol, Bystolic for a 64-year old man who has Blood Pressure Decreased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.