Review: could Black cohosh cause Diabetes mellitus (Diabetes)?
Summary: Diabetes mellitus is found among people who take Black cohosh, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Depression.
We study 217 people who have side effects while taking Black cohosh from FDA and social media. Among them, 19 have Diabetes mellitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetes mellitus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Black cohosh and have Diabetes mellitus >>>
Black cohosh has active ingredients of black cohosh. It is often used in menopause. (latest outcomes from 273 Black cohosh users)
Diabetes mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin) has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 141,096 Diabetes mellitus patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 217 people reported to have side effects when taking Black cohosh. Among them, 19 people (8.76%) have Diabetes Mellitus.
Time on Black cohosh when people have Diabetes mellitus * :
Age of people who have Diabetes mellitus when taking Black cohosh * :
|Diabetes mellitus||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Diabetes mellitus when taking Black cohosh ** :
How people recovered from Diabetes mellitus ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (19 people, 100.00%)
- Hypertension (19 people, 100.00%)
- Bone pain (19 people, 100.00%)
- Metastases to bone (19 people, 100.00%)
- Breast cancer (19 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (19 people, 100.00%)
- Promethazine (19 people, 100.00%)
- Zoladex (19 people, 100.00%)
- Zometa (19 people, 100.00%)
- Toprol-xl (19 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetes Mellitus while taking Black Cohosh?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Black cohosh and have Diabetes Mellitus
- support group for people who take Black cohosh
- support group for people who have Diabetes Mellitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone, Simponi for a 56-year old man with Back Disorder, Psoriatic Arthropathy. The patient has Diabetes, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Upper-airway Cough Syndrome, Sore Throat
- A study of drug interactions between Lantus Solostar, Glipizide And Metformin Hydrochloride, Atorvastatin Calcium, Bystolic, Telmisartan; Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine, Sitagliptin Phosphate for a 64-year old woman with Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Cholesterol, Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus
- A study of side effects of Verapamil Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman with Angina. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus (diabetes, caused by a deficiency of the pancreatic hormone insulin), Constipation
- A study of side effects of Forteo for a 68-year old woman with Osteoporosis. The patient has Diabetes
- A study of drug interactions between Prednisolone, Metformin, Sumatriptan, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Omeprazole, Ocusert Pilo-20, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Celebrex, Tramadol, Naproxen, Nifedipine, Butrans, Plaquenil, Mycophenolate Mofetil, Clonazepam for a 42-year old woman with Immunosuppressant Drug Level, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Migraine With Aura, Pain And Sleep, Reflux Gastritis, Sjogren's Syndrome, Anxiety, Pain, Reynauds, Graft Rejection, Sle, Myoclonus. The patient has Mastalgia, Myoclonic Jerks, Immunosuppressant Drug Level Decreased, Respiratory Disorder, Miscarriage, Photosensitivity Allergic Reaction, Pleurisy, Pleuritic Pain, Cognitive Disfunction Due To Cerebral Sle, Mobility Decreased, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Awaiting Surgery For Non Functioning Sacral Nerves With Insertion Of Neural Transmitter, Sjogren's Syndrome, Diabetes Mellitus, Reynauds, Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Pain - Joints, Painful Response To Normal Stimuli
Recent Black cohosh related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.