Home > Boniva > Gastric ulcer > Boniva and Gastric ulcer
Review: could Boniva cause Gastric ulcer?
Summary: Gastric ulcer is found among people who take Boniva, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Fosamax, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 16,164 people who have side effects while taking Boniva from FDA and social media. Among them, 173 have Gastric ulcer. Find out below who they are, when they have Gastric ulcer and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Boniva and have Gastric ulcer >>>
Boniva (latest outcomes from 16,357 users) has active ingredients of ibandronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis.
Gastric ulcer (stomach ulcer) (latest reports from 31,695 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 16,162 people reported to have side effects when taking Boniva. Among them, 173 people (1.07%) have Gastric Ulcer.
Time on Boniva when people have Gastric ulcer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Gastric ulcer||7.29%||16.67%||9.38%||19.79%||46.88%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Gastric ulcer when taking Boniva * :
|Gastric ulcer||0.00%||0.00%||0.51%||0.00%||0.51%||10.20%||25.51%||63.27% |
Severity of Gastric ulcer when taking Boniva ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Gastric ulcer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Gastric ulcer ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Gastric ulcer||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (157 people, 90.75%)
- Osteopenia (64 people, 36.99%)
- Pain in jaw (12 people, 6.94%)
- Breast cancer (12 people, 6.94%)
- Coeliac disease (12 people, 6.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (126 people, 72.83%)
- Actonel (30 people, 17.34%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (26 people, 15.03%)
- Alendronate sodium (26 people, 15.03%)
- Levothroid (25 people, 14.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gastric Ulcer while taking Boniva?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Boniva and have Gastric Ulcer
- support group for people who take Boniva
- support group for people who have Gastric Ulcer
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Can bonvia cause orgasm problems?
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Having Problems Having An Orgasm, and takes Ibandronate Sodium)
About the time I started taking Ibandronate I started having orgasm problems.
I have no other side effects. Is it possible that this could be my problem?
- Can u take metformin with stomach ulcer medication
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Stomach Ulcer, and takes Metformin)
I went to the doctors on friday cause i had an colonoscopy an they found out that o had 1 bleeding ulcers n 2 more stomach ulcer an they put me on 5 different medication an wanted to know if i can take my metformin with y stomach ulcer pills
- Effective treatment for adult scoliosis
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Scoliosis, Arthritus, Osteoporosis, Bursitis, and takes Robaxin, Boniva, Mobic)
Even with these medications I have muscle spasms in my back, neck, shoulders and leg pain that makes it hard to walk. I don't understand because 2 years ago I was healthy, string, active.
- I have a peptic ulcer and my blood pressure goes up and down is this normal .i usually have prefect blood pressure. what is causing this to happen.
(Asked by a 51 year old woman who has Peptic Ulcer, and takes Pepcid)
I have been on a bland diet for a peptic ulcer last night i tried to eat regular food and my blood pressure spiked up to 158/107 for just a few mins and came down but it has been going up and down. Is this normal?
More questions for: Boniva, Gastric ulcer
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Skin burn feeling and heart racing
(Posted by a 32 year old woman who has Ulcer, and takes Prilosec Otc)
On day 12 of taking the Prilosec I started to feel like I had a terrible sunburn on my arms and legs, it progressively got worse over the next 24 hrs and included intermittent extremely rapid heart rate.
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
More reviews for: Boniva, Gastric ulcer
- A study of side effects of Sprix for a patient with Inflammation. The patient has Peptic Ulcer (stomach ulcer)
Comments: Sprix may seem ideal as a way to bypass the notorious gastrointestinal effects of NSAIDs - but these effects are a serious risk, no matter how the NSAID gets into your system. I learned this the hard way. If you do want to take Sprix (or other ketorolac), talk to your doctor about supplementing it w ...
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin for a patient with Depression. The patient has Stomach Pain, Ulcer - Stomach (stomach ulcer)
Comments: My stomach cramps when I haven't eaten in a while and it cramps when I eat. I've been very stressed lately and I know all of my "stress" is going to my stomach so there's probably a lot of acid in there. So I took the Wellbutrin to calm the stress but my stomach started cramping again.
- A study of drug interactions between Xyzal, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Nexium, Zantac 300, Boniva, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Riboflavin, Baby Aspirin, Clonazepam, Mobic, Zanaflex for a patient with Inherited Allergies, Ptsd, Gastroparesis, Gerd, Osteopenia, Bone Disorder, Everlasting, Mri Of The Heart, Heart Attacks And Jaw Pain, Seizures, Pain - Bones, Partial Seizures. The patient has Weight Gain - Unintentional, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, No Energy To Do Anything, Rapid Deep Breathing (hyperventilation)
Comments: Cerebral palsy- hemiplegic/temporal lobe seizures, migraines, insomnia, depressed, sad, in pain all day. I have no intention of intention of wanting to do anything except stay in bed and sleep and I'm never hungry.
- A study of side effects of Boniva for a patient with Osteoporosis. The patient has Abdominal Pain
Comments: Within 3 days of taking first dosage of Ibandanate, began to experience mild upper abdominal pain. Pain worsened over the next few days to more severe abdominal cramping with bloating, gas and diarrhea. Pain subsides but recurs as though the medication may be releasing ingredients slowly over time ...
- A study of drug interactions between Terbinafine Hydrochloride, Mirapex Er, Pristiq, Aspirin, Atorvastatin Calcium, Amlodipine, Folic Acid, B-12, Boniva, Vitamin D, Detrol La, Irbesartan, HCTZ for a patient with Osteoporosis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Depressed Mood, Anticonvulsant Drug Level Below Therapeutic, Lipids Abnormal, Calcium Deficiency, Anaemia Folate Deficiency, Anemia, Overactive Bladder, Hypertension. The patient has Rash Generalised
Comments: Type of skin rash is unknown but it has continued for many months with occasional but mild itching. Rash is isolated to areas of upper and lower back and first appeared about ten months ago. Rash is extremely persistent but does not appear to "spread". This continuing, long-term, stable condition ...
More related studies for: Boniva, Gastric ulcer
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Low Blood Sugar and Seroquel
- Menstrual Cramps
- Cataflam and Duragesic-100
- Adderall 20
- Can clindamycin irritate a hi hernia?
Since I have been taking for 4 days my hi hernia has been ... (7 hours ago)
- Can carafate causa a false negative for opiate and clonazepam?
I was in the hospital foe 15 days for acute pancreatitis, ... (12 hours ago)
- What type of seizure do people have using clonidine
My son has been having drop seizures & i believe the Cloni ... (15 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (3 days ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (3 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (3 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Seroquel for a 32-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder (29 minutes ago)
- Celexa, Klonopin, Adderall 20, Accutane for a 19-year old girl who has Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety Disorder Nec, ADD, Acne (2 hours ago)
- Klonopin, Skelaxin, Prednisone, Adderall 20, Lipitor, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ambien, Mestinon for a 62-year old man who has Myalgia, Myasthenia Gravis, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia (2 hours ago)