Home > Boniva > Gastric ulcer > Boniva and Gastric ulcer
Review: could Boniva cause Gastric ulcer?
We study 16,162 people who have side effects while taking Boniva from FDA and social media. Among them, 173 have Gastric ulcer. Find out below who they are, when they have Gastric ulcer and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Boniva and have Gastric ulcer >>>
Boniva (latest outcomes from 16,354 users) has active ingredients of ibandronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis.
Gastric ulcer (stomach ulcer) (latest reports from 177,488 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis.
On Sep, 27, 2014: 16,162 people reported to have side effects when taking Boniva. Among them, 173 people (1.07%) have Gastric Ulcer.
Time on Boniva when people have Gastric ulcer * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Gastric ulcer||7.29%||16.67%||9.38%||19.79%||46.88%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Gastric ulcer when taking Boniva * :
|Gastric ulcer||0.00%||0.00%||0.51%||0.00%||0.51%||10.20%||25.51%||63.27% |
Severity of Gastric ulcer when taking Boniva ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Gastric ulcer||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Gastric ulcer ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Gastric ulcer||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (157 people, 90.75%)
- Osteopenia (64 people, 36.99%)
- Pain in jaw (12 people, 6.94%)
- Breast cancer (12 people, 6.94%)
- Coeliac disease (12 people, 6.94%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (126 people, 72.83%)
- Actonel (30 people, 17.34%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (26 people, 15.03%)
- Alendronate sodium (26 people, 15.03%)
- Levothroid (25 people, 14.45%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Gastric Ulcer while taking Boniva?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Boniva and have Gastric Ulcer
- group for people who take Boniva
- group for people who have Gastric Ulcer
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
I have at least 6 ulcers. Severe chest pain within 48 hours of taking meds. Thought it was my heart. Heart is great. Ulcers were found instead. Bad medication. We on Actonel first then went to Boniva.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Can bonvia cause orgasm problems?
About the time I started taking Ibandronate I started having orgasm problems.
I have no other side effects. Is it possible that this could be my problem?
- Can u take metformin with stomach ulcer medication
I went to the doctors on friday cause i had an colonoscopy an they found out that o had 1 bleeding ulcers n 2 more stomach ulcer an they put me on 5 different medication an wanted to know if i can take my metformin with y stomach ulcer pills
More questions for: Boniva, Gastric ulcer
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
More reviews for: Boniva, Gastric ulcer
On eHealthMe, Boniva (ibandronate sodium) is often used for osteoporosis. Find out below the conditions Boniva is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Boniva used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Gastric Ulcer is also known as: Duodenal ulcer, Peptic disease, Peptic ulcer, Stomach Acid Test, Stomach ulcer, Ulcer, Ulcer - duodenal or gastric, Ulcer - peptic, Ulcer - stomach, Uric Acid.
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Fentanyl-50 for a 52-year old man who has Degenerative Joint Disease (43 minutes ago)
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Memantine, Advair Diskus 100/50, Donepezil, Amlodipine for a 93-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised, Anxiety Disorder, Alzheimers, Asthma, Alzheimer's Disease, Blood Pressure Increased (1 hour ago)
- Celexa for a 20-year old woman who has Chronic Depression (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Prozac and Arachnoid Cyst
- Prozac and Brittle Nails
- Raspberry Ketone and Diverticulitis
- Blister and Gabapentin
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (5 hours ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (7 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (8 hours ago)
- Mediastinal Emphysema
- Amendoa Amarga