Review: could Boniva cause Heart palpitations?
Summary: Heart palpitations is found among people who take Boniva, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Fosamax, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 16,170 people who have side effects while taking Boniva from FDA and social media. Among them, 227 have Heart palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Boniva and have Heart palpitations >>>
Boniva has active ingredients of ibandronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis. (latest outcomes from 16,362 Boniva users)
Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 52,126 Heart palpitations patients)
On Feb, 10, 2015: 16,167 people reported to have side effects when taking Boniva. Among them, 227 people (1.40%) have Heart Palpitations.
Time on Boniva when people have Heart palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart palpitations||17.61%||11.32%||5.66%||24.53%||35.22%||5.66%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Boniva * :
|Heart palpitations||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.46%||9.72%||41.20%||48.61% |
Severity of Heart palpitations when taking Boniva ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart palpitations||50.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Heart palpitations ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (168 people, 74.01%)
- Osteopenia (92 people, 40.53%)
- Hypothyroidism (24 people, 10.57%)
- Hypertension (23 people, 10.13%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (17 people, 7.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fosamax (150 people, 66.08%)
- Synthroid (32 people, 14.10%)
- Alendronate sodium (22 people, 9.69%)
- Prevacid (20 people, 8.81%)
- Singulair (19 people, 8.37%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of boniva and heart palpitations on
Do you have Heart Palpitations while taking Boniva?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Boniva and have Heart Palpitations
- support group for people who take Boniva
- support group for people who have Heart Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Ventolin for a 27-year old woman with Asthma. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of side effects of Gemfibrozil for a 44-year old man with Dyslipidemia. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of drug interactions between Certirizine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Zoloft, Losartan, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 34-year old woman with Allergies, Deficiancy, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Heart Pounding Or Racing, Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Tecfidera, Baclofen, Tegretol-xr for a 60-year old woman with Arterial Spasm, Relapsing-remitting Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 38-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Heart Pounding Or Racing (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing), Cough, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Lightheadedness - Dizzy (a common and often unpleasant sensation of dizziness)
Recent Boniva related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Alendronate Sodium, Risedronate Sodium, Ibandronate Sodium for a 74-year old woman who has Osteoporosis Post-menopausal
- Comparions of Ibandronate Sodium, Alendronate Sodium, Risedronate Sodium, Actonel for a 72-year old woman who has Osteoporosis
- Comparions of Actonel, Boniva, Prolia for a 76-year old woman who has Osteopenia
- Comparions of Boniva, Fosamax Plus D, Fosamax, Prolia for a 63-year old woman who has Osteoporosis Post-menopausal
- Comparions of Lansoprazole, Amoxicillin And Clarithromycin, Ibandronate Sodium, Capecitabine for a 63-year old woman who has Metastases To Liver
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.