Review: could Botox cause Anaphylaxis?
Summary: Anaphylaxis is found among people who take Botox, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Botox cosmetic, and have Skin wrinkling.
We study 12,792 people who have side effects while taking Botox from FDA and social media. Among them, 36 have Anaphylaxis. Find out below who they are, when they have Anaphylaxis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Botox and have Anaphylaxis >>>
Botox has active ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. It is often used in aging changes in skin. (latest outcomes from Botox 12,976 users)
Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, asthma, high blood pressure, premedication, pain.(latest reports from Anaphylaxis 28,888 patients)
On Nov, 26, 2014: 12,792 people reported to have side effects when taking Botox. Among them, 36 people (0.28%) have Anaphylaxis.
Time on Botox when people have Anaphylaxis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Botox * :
Age of people who have Anaphylaxis when taking Botox * :
Severity of Anaphylaxis when taking Botox ** :
How people recovered from Anaphylaxis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Skin wrinkling (27 people, 75.00%)
- Dystonia (18 people, 50.00%)
- Arthropathy (12 people, 33.33%)
- Arthralgia (12 people, 33.33%)
- Muscle spasms (12 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Botox cosmetic (29 people, 80.56%)
- Zocor (16 people, 44.44%)
- Lasix (16 people, 44.44%)
- Vitamin d (12 people, 33.33%)
- Zanaflex (12 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Anaphylaxis while taking Botox?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Botox and have Anaphylaxis
- support group for people who take Botox
- support group for people who have Anaphylaxis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can you have botox injections in face when taking votrient
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Renal Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, and takes Botox Cosmetic)
I would like to know if anyone taking Votrient has had cosmetic Botox injections. If so have you had any reaction?
- Has anyone experienced getting perioral dermatitis after botox injections?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Perioral Dermatitis, and takes Botox)
Approx. 1 year ago perioral dermatitis on my face occured.
My skin was always very nice and quite resistant.
Never suffered from eczema, acne or anything like that.
When I tried to figure out the reason, the only thing, which comes on my mind is, I had had botox injections about month before my d ...
- Can botox for migraines cause sleep apnea?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Had Botox Injections For Migraine Relief, Now My Throat Is Closing Up While Sleeping, and takes Botox)
I had botox injections for non-stop migraines on Sept, 3rd. Last night(3 weeks later) my throat closed off completely while sleeping at least 3 times. This is the first round of botox, but my face swelled and I had itching sensations inside my nose and chest happened approx. 2 hours after the inject ...
- Seizure after an epipen injection (1 answer)
(Asked by a 35 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Epipen)
I am allergic to EVERYTHING, so I usually pre-game with benadryl and wait out the uncomfortable side effects, but this time my tongue started swelling up and I was having trouble breathing so I went to an ER. About 5-7 minutes after they injected me in the thigh with an epipen, I was in mid sentence ...
- Can botox cause heart murmors
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Heart Flutters, and takes Botox Cosmetic)
I have started having heart flutters I may have had these befor I started using botox I also have underactive tyroids and i am on 25mg of tyroxine
More questions for: Botox, Anaphylaxis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Happened to me- allergic reaction to rogaine
(Posted by a 40 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Rogaine)
Within the first week of usage, I began to have leg cramps, facial swelling, tightness of breath, chest pain, anxiety, and chronic headaches. Even with allergy medicines and aspirin, nothing seemed to help. At first, I felt it was though it was just simple allergies until I woke up one morning with ...
- Cephalexin 500 mg caused allergic reaction (1 response)
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Reaction, and takes Cephalexin)
I developed a rash that quickly turned to painful, itchy blistering after taking cephalexin 500mg capsules for only 2 days (the prescription was for 10 days). The rash was on my hands, legs, back, & arms. I was sent by my doctor to the hospital emergency room. diagnosed as an allergic reaction to c ...
- Botox and dry eye pain
(Posted by a 71 year old woman who has Painful Dry Eye At Night, and takes Botox, Metformin Hydrochloride)
I have severe dry eye, very painful at night, with gritty feeling 75% of the day. Drops such as gels, liquids, were used (Muro 128, genteal). Then switched to preservative free drops which have helped by 90%.
There is research about the injection of botox into crows feet and causing dry eye. Thi ...
- Anaphylactic shock from fish oil
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Anaphylactic Shock, and takes Fish Oil)
Yes I went into Anaphylactic shock after taking fish oil. It was just a matter of a few minutes when my hands and feet started itching and then my throat closed up. I could not breathe and 911 was called. I spent 4 nights in the hospital, the first 24 hours vomiting and loose bowels. It was the ...
More reviews for: Botox, Anaphylaxis
- A study of side effects of Cymbalta for a patient with Depression. The patient has Anaphylactic Shock (severe and rapid and sometimes fatal hypersensitivity reaction to a substance)
Comments: Was on Cymbalta 30mg for around 3 weeks and was increased to 60mg. Three days after beginning 60mg dosage, I went into Anaphylactic Shock. First my eyes were sensitive to light and I had brain fog. The following day, I thought I was beginning to feel better and in the middle of a store, the right si ...
- A study of side effects of Botox for a patient with Wrinkles - Aging Changes. The patient has Blood Pressure
Comments: I have taken botox a week ago. After that my blood pressure raised. Although I was taking blood pressure pill before it did not affect anymore and my blood pressure raised to 150/100 sometimes 160/100. I am consulting my doctor right now to take multiple blood pressure pills in or to lower my blood ...
- A study of drug interactions between Clindamycin Hydrochloride, Cipro for a patient with Facial Swelling (lower Right Side, Next To Chin For An Unknown Reason Thought To Be A Blocked Salivary Gland). The patient has Itching, Itching, Abdominal Pain, Abdominal Cramps, Swollen Face, Swollen Lips, Swollen Tongue, Swollen Eyelid, Hives, Anaphylactic Shock
Comments: I went to the emergency room because I noticed that the bottom of my face was swollen on the right side next to my chin. I was not in any pain, but thought it was strange and because I had never noticed anything like that before. The doctor was not sure what was wrong with me, said he thought it was ...
- A study of side effects of Rituxan for a patient with Waldenstrom's Macroglobulinaemia. The patient has Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure), Embolism (obstruction of an artery, typically by a clot of blood or an air bubble), Anaphylactic Shock (severe and rapid and sometimes fatal hypersensitivity reaction to a substance)
Comments: Anaphylactic shock upon first and second infusions. Crash team intervention required
Bilateral Pulmonary embolisms at 4th week of treatment
Chronic and multiple episodes of accute Hypotension started during Rituximab treatments. No hypoentention problems prior to Rituximab treatments.
- A study of side effects of Botox for a patient with Wrinkles. The patient has Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus)
Comments: After botox got shingles (all three occasions, which were after the shingles shot) Prior to vaccine, I had botox injections for over 15 years and never contacted shingles. I directly the shingles with the botox injections after the shingles vaccine.
More related studies for: Botox, Anaphylaxis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.