Review: could Botox cause Essential tremor?
Summary: Essential tremor is reported only by a few people who take Botox.
We study 12,801 people who have side effects while taking Botox from FDA and social media. Find out below who they are, when they have Essential tremor and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Botox and have Essential tremor >>>
Botox has active ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. It is often used in aging changes in skin. (latest outcomes from 12,987 Botox users)
Essential tremor has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, osteopenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 1,103 Essential tremor patients)
On Mar, 17, 2015: 12,801 people reported to have side effects when taking Botox. Among them, 1 people (0.01%) has Essential Tremor.
Time on Botox when people have Essential tremor * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Essential tremor||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Essential tremor when taking Botox * :
|Essential tremor||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Essential tremor when taking Botox * :
|Essential tremor||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Essential tremor when taking Botox ** :
How people recovered from Essential tremor ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Torticollis (1 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Atenolol (1 people, 100.00%)
- Mysoline (1 people, 100.00%)
- Lipitor (1 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Essential Tremor while taking Botox?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Botox and have Essential Tremor
- support group for people who take Botox
- support group for people who have Essential Tremor
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Botox related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Botox, Lyrica for a 41-year old woman who has Facet Joint Syndrome
- Comparions of Abilify, Prozac, Zoloft, Escitalopram Oxalate, Botox Cosmetic for a 41-year old woman who has Major Depressive Disorder
- Comparions of Botox Cosmetic, Fluoxetine for a 47-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Botox, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Artane, Ativan for a 43-year old woman who has Dystonia
- Comparions of Lopressor, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Maxalt-mlt, Ambien, Botox for a 59-year old woman who has Migraine Without Aura
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.