Review: could Botox cause Fever?
Summary: Fever is found among people who take Botox, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Botox cosmetic, and have Skin wrinkling.
We study 12,802 people who have side effects while taking Botox from FDA and social media. Among them, 267 have Fever. Find out below who they are, when they have Fever and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Botox and have Fever >>>
Botox has active ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. It is often used in wrinkles. (latest outcomes from 12,989 Botox users)
Fever has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 168,843 Fever patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 12,802 people reported to have side effects when taking Botox. Among them, 267 people (2.09%) have Fever.
Time on Botox when people have Fever * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Fever when taking Botox * :
Age of people who have Fever when taking Botox * :
Severity of Fever when taking Botox ** :
How people recovered from Fever ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Skin wrinkling (87 people, 32.58%)
- Muscle spasticity (57 people, 21.35%)
- Torticollis (50 people, 18.73%)
- Pain (46 people, 17.23%)
- Dystonia (32 people, 11.99%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Botox cosmetic (81 people, 30.34%)
- Aspirin (43 people, 16.10%)
- Multi-vitamins (33 people, 12.36%)
- Niacin (32 people, 11.99%)
- Allegra (23 people, 8.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of botox and fever on
Do you have Fever while taking Botox?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Botox and have Fever
- support group for people who take Botox
- support group for people who have Fever
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Botox related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Botox, Lyrica for a 41-year old woman who has Facet Joint Syndrome
- Comparions of Abilify, Prozac, Zoloft, Escitalopram Oxalate, Botox Cosmetic for a 41-year old woman who has Major Depressive Disorder
- Comparions of Botox Cosmetic, Fluoxetine for a 47-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Botox, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Artane, Ativan for a 43-year old woman who has Dystonia
- Comparions of Lopressor, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Maxalt-mlt, Ambien, Botox for a 59-year old woman who has Migraine Without Aura
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.