Botox and Fever - from FDA reports
Fever is found among people who take Botox, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Allegra, and have Skin wrinkling. This review analyzes which people have Fever with Botox. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,301 people who have side effects when taking Botox from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
30,301 people reported to have side effects when taking Botox.
Among them, 418 people (1.38%) have Fever
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Botox when people have Fever *:
- < 1 month: 99.19 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.4 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.4 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Fever when taking Botox *:
- female: 80 %
- male: 20 %
Age of people who have Fever when taking Botox *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 8.8 %
- 10-19: 5.28 %
- 20-29: 6.34 %
- 30-39: 17.61 %
- 40-49: 22.89 %
- 50-59: 20.07 %
- 60+: 19.01 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Skin Wrinkling (138 people, 33.01%)
- Muscle Spasticity (35 people, 8.37%)
- Torticollis (32 people, 7.66%)
- Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow (20 people, 4.78%)
- Pain (19 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Allegra (18 people, 4.31%)
- Topamax (13 people, 3.11%)
- Synthroid (11 people, 2.63%)
- Niacin (10 people, 2.39%)
- Nexium (10 people, 2.39%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Headache (108 people, 25.84%)
- Weakness (105 people, 25.12%)
- Fatigue (88 people, 21.05%)
- Influenza Like Illness (87 people, 20.81%)
- Nausea (80 people, 19.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Fever when taking Botox?
- Check symptoms - is fever caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsFever and drugs with ingredients of botulinum toxin type a.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeFever and Botox from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Botox has active ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Botox 30,682 users)
Fever has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease (latest reports from 260,062 Fever patients).
Browse all side effects of Botoxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with FeverFever
Could your condition cause FeverFever
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello. I've been taking Crestor for 4-6 months now and for the last 2 months I've had 3 fevers. My last one lasting for 7 days. Ive been masking my symptoms with Tylenol or Advil but the doctors can't seem to find anything wrong. Anyone else been through this?
User reviews to the study
Hi everyone. I've been on methotrexate for about 10 years for psoriatic arthritis. My friends and family think it's funny how I'm always sweaty and hot when everyone else is comfortable or even cold. I, however, do not find it so funny that while sitting at a restaurant I start literally ...
I had Botox for the first time 4 weeks ago. I've had a range of symptoms since but am now experiencing rapid heart rate ( 105bmm at rest) and feel breathless climbing a flight of stairs. I'm in the early stages of diagnosis with the Drs but I suspect they'll find nothing.
I have been getting low fever and feelings like I have the flu late in the evening before bedtime. Does any other losartan users have these symptoms?? I take my losartan about 7 hours prior to the feelings>