Home > Botox > Glaucoma > Botox and Glaucoma
Review: could Botox cause Glaucoma?
Summary: Glaucoma is found among people who take Botox, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Vytorin, and have Blepharospasm.
We study 12,792 people who have side effects while taking Botox from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Glaucoma. Find out below who they are, when they have Glaucoma and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Botox and have Glaucoma >>>
Botox (latest outcomes from 12,976 users) has active ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. It is often used in aging changes in skin.
Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) (latest reports from 18,578 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 12,791 people reported to have side effects when taking Botox. Among them, 7 people (0.05%) have Glaucoma.
Time on Botox when people have Glaucoma * :
Gender of people who have Glaucoma when taking Botox * :
Age of people who have Glaucoma when taking Botox * :
Severity of Glaucoma when taking Botox ** :
How people recovered from Glaucoma ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blepharospasm (1 people, 14.29%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vytorin (1 people, 14.29%)
- Diovan (1 people, 14.29%)
- Protonix (1 people, 14.29%)
- Prandin (1 people, 14.29%)
- Zantac (1 people, 14.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Glaucoma while taking Botox?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Botox and have Glaucoma
- support group for people who take Botox
- support group for people who have Glaucoma
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone experienced getting perioral dermatitis after botox injections?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Perioral Dermatitis, and takes Botox)
Approx. 1 year ago perioral dermatitis on my face occured.
My skin was always very nice and quite resistant.
Never suffered from eczema, acne or anything like that.
When I tried to figure out the reason, the only thing, which comes on my mind is, I had had botox injections about month before my d ...
- Can botox for migraines cause sleep apnea?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Had Botox Injections For Migraine Relief, Now My Throat Is Closing Up While Sleeping, and takes Botox)
I had botox injections for non-stop migraines on Sept, 3rd. Last night(3 weeks later) my throat closed off completely while sleeping at least 3 times. This is the first round of botox, but my face swelled and I had itching sensations inside my nose and chest happened approx. 2 hours after the inject ...
- Can botox cause heart murmors
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Heart Flutters, and takes Botox Cosmetic)
I have started having heart flutters I may have had these befor I started using botox I also have underactive tyroids and i am on 25mg of tyroxine
- Has anyone besides me have blepharospasm after trigeminal neurology sugery
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Blepharospasm, Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Botox, Tegretol)
After Gamma Knife surgery for Trigeminal Neurology(a nerve problem) I later(4 years) was diagnosed with Blepharospasm/Meige Syndrome. Botox injections have been less than effective. Then I recently had Trigeminal Cyber Knife surgery on the other side of my face and still have nerve sensations on t ...
- Is there a link between forteo and macular holes?
(Asked by a 82 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Glaucoma, Macular Hole, and takes Forteo)
My 82 year old mother has osteoporosis and was taking Forteo for several years (stopped taking aprox. 2 1/2 years ago) She also has Glaucoma. She recently developed a macular hole and just had surgery to correct it. Is there any link between Forteo and macular holes or other vision problems? We a ...
More questions for: Botox, Glaucoma
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Cardiac stress test (thalamine ) and oxycodone
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, Thyroid Disorder, Glaucoma, High Blood Pressure, and takes Oxycodone, Gabapentin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Travatan, Vytorin, Baby Aspirin)
I am writing this for my sister-in-law, Maria, who is not able to do so and for whom my husband, her brother, and I are the POAs. In May of 2012, Maria had a recurring pain in her leg which took her to the hospital again. She was diagnosed for a second time as having a strained muscle. Then the hosp ...
- Botox and dry eye pain
(Posted by a 71 year old woman who has Painful Dry Eye At Night, and takes Botox, Metformin Hydrochloride)
I have severe dry eye, very painful at night, with gritty feeling 75% of the day. Drops such as gels, liquids, were used (Muro 128, genteal). Then switched to preservative free drops which have helped by 90%.
There is research about the injection of botox into crows feet and causing dry eye. Thi ...
More reviews for: Botox, Glaucoma
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a patient with Depression. The patient has Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss)
Comments: Also experiencing chest pain sweating headache neckache and now my body is pooping out my tabs without dissolving them and always after tummy pains and lots of wind and with an explosive watery motion. ( excuse the detail ) .
- A study of side effects of Botox for a patient with Wrinkles - Aging Changes. The patient has Blood Pressure
Comments: I have taken botox a week ago. After that my blood pressure raised. Although I was taking blood pressure pill before it did not affect anymore and my blood pressure raised to 150/100 sometimes 160/100. I am consulting my doctor right now to take multiple blood pressure pills in or to lower my blood ...
- A study of side effects of Botox for a patient with Wrinkles. The patient has Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus)
Comments: After botox got shingles (all three occasions, which were after the shingles shot) Prior to vaccine, I had botox injections for over 15 years and never contacted shingles. I directly the shingles with the botox injections after the shingles vaccine.
- A study of drug interactions between Retin-a, Silver, Nystatin, Clobetasol Propionate, Vanos, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Cardizem, Prednisone, Restasis, Lidocaine, Zyrtec, Flonase, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex HFA, Xopenex, Fioricet, Relpax, Botox, Lidoderm, Baclofen, Lansoprazole, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Singulair, Oxycodone, Enbrel, Aygestin for a patient with Acne, Wound, Thrush, Eczema, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Rheumatic Heart Disease, Dry Eye, Cervical Spondylosis, Allergies, Rhinitis Allergic, Asthma, Migraine With Aura, Musculoskeletal Pain, Muscle Spasms, Gerd, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Endometriosis. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased, Urine Output, Constipation, Shoulder Impingement Syndrome, Frozen Shoulder, Early Morning Awakening, Palpitations Aggravated, Sleepy, Sleep Paralysis - Isolated, Confusion, Sensitivity To The Cold, Drowsiness, Muscle Fatigue, Cramps - Muscle, Pain - Muscles, Muscular Weakness, Eye Pain, Vision Blurred, Night Sweats, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Pain - Neck, Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Increased Intracranial Pressure, Headache, Heart Rate Increased, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Blood Pressure Increased
Comments: Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneu ...
- A study of drug interactions between Botox, Klonopin for a patient with Cervical Dysplasia, Anxiety. The patient has
Comments: I would like to know what is causing ringing in ears. I take injections of Botox every 3 months for cervical dystonia. I also took Klonopin for 5 years for anxiety and depression. I have been trying to stop Klonopin. I now only take 1 miligram every other day. The ringing in the ears started 3 weeks ...
More related studies for: Botox, Glaucoma
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.