Botox and Glaucoma - from FDA reports
Glaucoma is found among people who take Botox, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Cardizem, and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease. This review analyzes which people have Glaucoma with Botox. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,301 people who have side effects when taking Botox from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
30,301 people reported to have side effects when taking Botox.
Among them, 13 people (0.04%) have Glaucoma
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Botox when people have Glaucoma *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Glaucoma when taking Botox *:
- female: 88.89 %
- male: 11.11 %
Age of people who have Glaucoma when taking Botox *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 12.5 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 75.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Sleep Disorder (2 people, 15.38%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (2 people, 15.38%)
- Joint Pain (1 person, 7.69%)
- Eye Pain (1 person, 7.69%)
- Blood Magnesium Decreased (1 person, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Voltaren (1 person, 7.69%)
- Neurontin (1 person, 7.69%)
- Lortab (1 person, 7.69%)
- Dexilant (1 person, 7.69%)
- Cardizem (1 person, 7.69%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Headache (3 people, 23.08%)
- Vision Blurred (2 people, 15.38%)
- Tremor (2 people, 15.38%)
- Ecchymosis (2 people, 15.38%)
- Abdominal Pain Upper (2 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Glaucoma when taking Botox?
Botox has active ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Botox 26,971 users)
Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, glaucoma, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 31,212 Glaucoma patients).