Review: could Botox cause Herpes zoster?
Summary: Herpes zoster is found among people who take Botox, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Botox cosmetic, and have Skin wrinkling.
We study 12,801 people who have side effects while taking Botox from FDA and social media. Among them, 13 have Herpes zoster. Find out below who they are, when they have Herpes zoster and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Botox and have Herpes zoster >>>
Botox has active ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. It is often used in aging changes in skin. (latest outcomes from 12,987 Botox users)
Herpes zoster has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 22,710 Herpes zoster patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 12,801 people reported to have side effects when taking Botox. Among them, 13 people (0.10%) have Herpes Zoster.
Time on Botox when people have Herpes zoster * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Herpes zoster||93.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||6.67% |
Gender of people who have Herpes zoster when taking Botox * :
|Herpes zoster||64.71%||35.29% |
Age of people who have Herpes zoster when taking Botox * :
|Herpes zoster||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||71.43%||14.29% |
Severity of Herpes zoster when taking Botox ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Herpes zoster||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Herpes zoster ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Herpes zoster||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Skin wrinkling (10 people, 76.92%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (4 people, 30.77%)
- Affective disorder (4 people, 30.77%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 30.77%)
- Wrinkles (1 people, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Botox cosmetic (10 people, 76.92%)
- Fish oil (4 people, 30.77%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 30.77%)
- Multi-vitamins (4 people, 30.77%)
- Atenolol (4 people, 30.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of botox and herpes zoster on
Do you have Herpes Zoster while taking Botox?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Botox and have Herpes Zoster
- support group for people who take Botox
- support group for people who have Herpes Zoster
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Botox, Baclofen for a 57-year old woman with Cervical Dystonia. The patient has Copd
- A study of side effects of Botox for a 81-year old woman with Oab.
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Percocet for a 41-year old woman with Lupus. The patient has Shingles
- A study of drug interactions between Echinacea, Gabapentin for a 58-year old woman with Shingles. The patient has Shingles
Recent Botox related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Botox, Lyrica for a 41-year old woman who has Facet Joint Syndrome
- Comparions of Abilify, Prozac, Zoloft, Escitalopram Oxalate, Botox Cosmetic for a 41-year old woman who has Major Depressive Disorder
- Comparions of Botox Cosmetic, Fluoxetine for a 47-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Botox, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Artane, Ativan for a 43-year old woman who has Dystonia
- Comparions of Lopressor, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Maxalt-mlt, Ambien, Botox for a 59-year old woman who has Migraine Without Aura
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.