Botox and Kidney failure - from FDA reports
Kidney failure is found among people who take Botox, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tysabri, and have Skin wrinkling. This review analyzes which people have Kidney failure with Botox. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,301 people who have side effects when taking Botox from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
30,301 people reported to have side effects when taking Botox.
Among them, 18 people (0.06%) have Kidney failure
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Botox when people have Kidney failure *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Kidney failure when taking Botox *:
- female: 62.5 %
- male: 37.5 %
Age of people who have Kidney failure when taking Botox *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 6.25 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 31.25 %
- 50-59: 37.5 %
- 60+: 25.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Skin Wrinkling (8 people, 44.44%)
- Bladder Disorder (4 people, 22.22%)
- Hypotrichosis (3 people, 16.67%)
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (2 people, 11.11%)
- Multiple Myeloma (2 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Tysabri (4 people, 22.22%)
- Lumigan (3 people, 16.67%)
- Lipitor (2 people, 11.11%)
- Diovan (2 people, 11.11%)
- Simvastatin (1 person, 5.56%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Sepsis (3 people, 16.67%)
- Renal Impairment (3 people, 16.67%)
- Posterior Reversible Encephalopathy Syndrome (3 people, 16.67%)
- Fever (3 people, 16.67%)
- Dehydration (3 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Kidney failure when taking Botox?
- Check symptoms - is kidney failure caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsKidney failure and drugs with ingredients of botulinum toxin type a.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeKidney failure and Botox from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Botox has active ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Botox 30,682 users)
Kidney failure (loss of kidney function) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 87,300 Kidney failure patients).
Browse all side effects of Botoxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Kidney failureKidney failure
Could your condition cause Kidney failureKidney failure
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello guys, My name is favour i'm 39 male I have been using dexamethasone(tablets) with Cyproheptadine(caplet), i was too skinny and i needed to add up some flesh and based on a friend's advice i started taking one caplet of Cyproheptadine daily and 1mg of dexacortin(dexamethasone) , in no ...
when metformin was used for my diabetes my complete metabolic panel was normal but sitagliptin was added and my kidney function started getting abnormal. I stopped taking metformin per my md and 3months later my kidney functions got worse. lactic acid level also went up.
User reviews to the study
I had Botox for the first time 4 weeks ago. I've had a range of symptoms since but am now experiencing rapid heart rate ( 105bmm at rest) and feel breathless climbing a flight of stairs. I'm in the early stages of diagnosis with the Drs but I suspect they'll find nothing.