Review: could Botox cause Muscle fatigue (Weakness)?
Summary: Muscle fatigue is found among people who take Botox, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Botox cosmetic, and have Skin wrinkling.
We study 12,801 people who have side effects while taking Botox from FDA and social media. Among them, 987 have Muscle fatigue. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle fatigue and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Botox and have Muscle fatigue >>>
Botox has active ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. It is often used in aging changes in skin. (latest outcomes from 12,987 Botox users)
Muscle fatigue (a condition in which muscles cannot exert their normal force) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 180,512 Muscle fatigue patients)
On Feb, 27, 2015: 12,800 people reported to have side effects when taking Botox. Among them, 987 people (7.71%) have Muscle Fatigue.
Time on Botox when people have Muscle fatigue * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle fatigue||97.54%||0.59%||0.59%||0.20%||0.79%||0.30%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle fatigue when taking Botox * :
|Muscle fatigue||78.35%||21.65% |
Age of people who have Muscle fatigue when taking Botox * :
|Muscle fatigue||0.00%||8.30%||4.49%||6.86%||16.85%||20.32%||18.37%||24.81% |
Severity of Muscle fatigue when taking Botox ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle fatigue||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle fatigue ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle fatigue||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Skin wrinkling (427 people, 43.26%)
- Muscle spasticity (302 people, 30.60%)
- Torticollis (285 people, 28.88%)
- Pain (190 people, 19.25%)
- Cerebral palsy (112 people, 11.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Botox cosmetic (354 people, 35.87%)
- Neurontin (103 people, 10.44%)
- Zanaflex (94 people, 9.52%)
- Aspirin (88 people, 8.92%)
- Prevacid (81 people, 8.21%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Muscle Fatigue while taking Botox?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Botox and have Muscle Fatigue
- support group for people who take Botox
- support group for people who have Muscle fatigue
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Eplerenone, Lipitor, Ramipril for a 67-year old man with High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Fatigue, Stomach Discomfort, Muscle Weakness
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Ambien, Bactrim, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methylprednisolone, Glipizide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Carafate for a 77-year old man with Bone Marrow Aspiration, Insomnia, Uti, Pain, Inflammation, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Weakness, Hiccups
- A study of drug interactions between Phentermine, Fluoxetine, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 36-year old woman with Overweight, Depression. The patient has Decreased Appetite, Muscle Fatigue, Dizziness Postural
- A study of side effects of Norco for a 48-year old woman with Pain. The patient has Joint Pain, Weakness, Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a 66-year old man with Temporal Arteritis. The patient has Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness
Recent Botox related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Botox, Lyrica for a 41-year old woman who has Facet Joint Syndrome
- Comparions of Abilify, Prozac, Zoloft, Escitalopram Oxalate, Botox Cosmetic for a 41-year old woman who has Major Depressive Disorder
- Comparions of Botox Cosmetic, Fluoxetine for a 47-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Botox, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Artane, Ativan for a 43-year old woman who has Dystonia
- Comparions of Lopressor, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Maxalt-mlt, Ambien, Botox for a 59-year old woman who has Migraine Without Aura
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.