Review: could Botox cause Renal failure acute?
Summary: Renal failure acute is found among people who take Botox, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Sudafed 12 hour, and have Headache.
We study 12,792 people who have side effects while taking Botox from FDA and social media. Among them, 18 have Renal failure acute. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure acute and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Botox and have Renal failure acute >>>
Botox has active ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. It is often used in aging changes in skin. (latest outcomes from Botox 12,976 users)
Renal failure acute
Renal failure acute (rapid kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, diabetes, pain, multiple myeloma.(latest reports from Renal failure acute 60,810 patients)
On Nov, 27, 2014: 12,792 people reported to have side effects when taking Botox. Among them, 18 people (0.14%) have Renal Failure Acute.
Time on Botox when people have Renal failure acute * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure acute||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Botox * :
|Renal failure acute||60.87%||39.13% |
Age of people who have Renal failure acute when taking Botox * :
|Renal failure acute||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||80.00%||0.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Renal failure acute when taking Botox ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure acute ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Headache (16 people, 88.89%)
- Skin lesion (8 people, 44.44%)
- Nerve compression (8 people, 44.44%)
- Ear pain (8 people, 44.44%)
- Muscle spasms (6 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Sudafed 12 hour (8 people, 44.44%)
- Extra strength tylenol (8 people, 44.44%)
- Creatine (7 people, 38.89%)
- Lyrica (7 people, 38.89%)
- Lidocaine (7 people, 38.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure Acute while taking Botox?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Botox and have Renal Failure Acute
- support group for people who take Botox
- support group for people who have Renal Failure Acute
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Has anyone experienced getting perioral dermatitis after botox injections?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Perioral Dermatitis, and takes Botox)
Approx. 1 year ago perioral dermatitis on my face occured.
My skin was always very nice and quite resistant.
Never suffered from eczema, acne or anything like that.
When I tried to figure out the reason, the only thing, which comes on my mind is, I had had botox injections about month before my d ...
- Can botox for migraines cause sleep apnea?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Had Botox Injections For Migraine Relief, Now My Throat Is Closing Up While Sleeping, and takes Botox)
I had botox injections for non-stop migraines on Sept, 3rd. Last night(3 weeks later) my throat closed off completely while sleeping at least 3 times. This is the first round of botox, but my face swelled and I had itching sensations inside my nose and chest happened approx. 2 hours after the inject ...
- Can botox cause heart murmors
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Heart Flutters, and takes Botox Cosmetic)
I have started having heart flutters I may have had these befor I started using botox I also have underactive tyroids and i am on 25mg of tyroxine
- Has anyone besides me have blepharospasm after trigeminal neurology sugery
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Blepharospasm, Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Botox, Tegretol)
After Gamma Knife surgery for Trigeminal Neurology(a nerve problem) I later(4 years) was diagnosed with Blepharospasm/Meige Syndrome. Botox injections have been less than effective. Then I recently had Trigeminal Cyber Knife surgery on the other side of my face and still have nerve sensations on t ...
- For those who have hair loss after botox, female, in your 50's, has it returned?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Alarming Hair Loss Approximately 3-4 Weeks After Botox Injected, and takes Botox Cosmetic)
I have been using Botox between my eyebrows for about 6 years. The last injection was June 20, 2013. The doctor was one I never had and proceeded to inject into the top half of my forehead unlike other injections between the eyebrows. I thought he knew what he was doing as he said he was a pionee ...
More questions for: Botox, Renal failure acute
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- V-fend orally possible cause of renal failur
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Renal Failure Acute, and takes Vfend)
My wife was on V-Fend for 10 months - aspergillosis. Gradually her creatinine start to rise which she then went to a Nephrologist. One day it went from 4 to 11 and I rushed her to the hospital where she went into acute renal failure requiring dialysis. I am a retired pharmacist and spoke with Pfiz ...
- Botox and dry eye pain
(Posted by a 71 year old woman who has Painful Dry Eye At Night, and takes Botox, Metformin Hydrochloride)
I have severe dry eye, very painful at night, with gritty feeling 75% of the day. Drops such as gels, liquids, were used (Muro 128, genteal). Then switched to preservative free drops which have helped by 90%.
There is research about the injection of botox into crows feet and causing dry eye. Thi ...
More reviews for: Botox, Renal failure acute
- A study of side effects of Botox for a patient with Wrinkles - Aging Changes. The patient has Blood Pressure
Comments: I have taken botox a week ago. After that my blood pressure raised. Although I was taking blood pressure pill before it did not affect anymore and my blood pressure raised to 150/100 sometimes 160/100. I am consulting my doctor right now to take multiple blood pressure pills in or to lower my blood ...
- A study of side effects of Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride for a patient with Staphylococcal Infection. The patient has Hypertension (high blood pressure), Iron Deficiency Anemia, Eosinophil Count Increased, Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction), Pruritus Generalised (generalized itching), Rash Generalised (rash on most of body parts)
Comments: Iron infusions were required. After two doses, recovered, but H & H remain borderline. HTN either resulted from renal issues or caused renal issues, never figured out which. No longer need blood pressure medication, but was on for two years. Kidney function still borderline below normal.
- A study of side effects of Botox for a patient with Wrinkles. The patient has Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus)
Comments: After botox got shingles (all three occasions, which were after the shingles shot) Prior to vaccine, I had botox injections for over 15 years and never contacted shingles. I directly the shingles with the botox injections after the shingles vaccine.
- A study of drug interactions between Retin-a, Silver, Nystatin, Clobetasol Propionate, Vanos, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Cardizem, Prednisone, Restasis, Lidocaine, Zyrtec, Flonase, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex HFA, Xopenex, Fioricet, Relpax, Botox, Lidoderm, Baclofen, Lansoprazole, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Singulair, Oxycodone, Enbrel, Aygestin for a patient with Acne, Wound, Thrush, Eczema, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Rheumatic Heart Disease, Dry Eye, Cervical Spondylosis, Allergies, Rhinitis Allergic, Asthma, Migraine With Aura, Musculoskeletal Pain, Muscle Spasms, Gerd, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Endometriosis. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased, Urine Output, Constipation, Shoulder Impingement Syndrome, Frozen Shoulder, Early Morning Awakening, Palpitations Aggravated, Sleepy, Sleep Paralysis - Isolated, Confusion, Sensitivity To The Cold, Drowsiness, Muscle Fatigue, Cramps - Muscle, Pain - Muscles, Muscular Weakness, Eye Pain, Vision Blurred, Night Sweats, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Pain - Neck, Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Increased Intracranial Pressure, Headache, Heart Rate Increased, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Blood Pressure Increased
Comments: Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneu ...
- A study of side effects of Warfarin Sodium for a patient with DVT. The patient has Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction)
Comments: weak unable to walk with any duration, short of breath, blood in urine and stool..9.5 INR fluid retention, swelling in the genitals and swollen lymph nodes in the pelvic abdominal region... GFR was at 19 but now up to 31.. itchy rash on the chest and arms >40 mL of urine per hour but still has blood ...
More related studies for: Botox, Renal failure acute
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.