Home > Botox > Renal failure > Botox and Renal failure
Review: could Botox cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Renal failure is found among people who take Botox, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tysabri, and have Bladder disorder.
We study 12,791 people who have side effects while taking Botox from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Botox and have Renal failure >>>
Botox (latest outcomes from 12,975 users) has active ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. It is often used in aging changes in skin.
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) (latest reports from 434,588 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 12,791 people reported to have side effects when taking Botox. Among them, 12 people (0.09%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Botox when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Botox * :
|Renal failure||41.67%||58.33% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Botox * :
|Renal failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||0.00%||36.36%||45.45%||9.09% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Botox ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bladder disorder (4 people, 33.33%)
- Skin wrinkling (3 people, 25.00%)
- Hypotrichosis (3 people, 25.00%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (2 people, 16.67%)
- Progressive relapsing multiple sclerosis (2 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tysabri (4 people, 33.33%)
- Botox cosmetic (3 people, 25.00%)
- Lumigan (3 people, 25.00%)
- Norvasc (2 people, 16.67%)
- Toprol-xl (2 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Botox?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Botox and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Botox
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can botox for migraines cause sleep apnea?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Had Botox Injections For Migraine Relief, Now My Throat Is Closing Up While Sleeping, and takes Botox)
I had botox injections for non-stop migraines on Sept, 3rd. Last night(3 weeks later) my throat closed off completely while sleeping at least 3 times. This is the first round of botox, but my face swelled and I had itching sensations inside my nose and chest happened approx. 2 hours after the inject ...
- Creatinine rising on crestor & causing kidney failure
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Kidney Failure, and takes Crestor)
Husband been on Crestor for 3 years...Creatinine been increasing and he already is a diabetic and been watching his kidney function. Everything I read online points to the Crestor causing Kidney Failure but the doctors REFUSE to listen too us and now he is heading toward dialysis or a Kidney Transpl ...
- Can botox cause heart murmors
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Heart Flutters, and takes Botox Cosmetic)
I have started having heart flutters I may have had these befor I started using botox I also have underactive tyroids and i am on 25mg of tyroxine
- Has anyone besides me have blepharospasm after trigeminal neurology sugery
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Blepharospasm, Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Botox, Tegretol)
After Gamma Knife surgery for Trigeminal Neurology(a nerve problem) I later(4 years) was diagnosed with Blepharospasm/Meige Syndrome. Botox injections have been less than effective. Then I recently had Trigeminal Cyber Knife surgery on the other side of my face and still have nerve sensations on t ...
- For those who have hair loss after botox, female, in your 50's, has it returned?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Alarming Hair Loss Approximately 3-4 Weeks After Botox Injected, and takes Botox Cosmetic)
I have been using Botox between my eyebrows for about 6 years. The last injection was June 20, 2013. The doctor was one I never had and proceeded to inject into the top half of my forehead unlike other injections between the eyebrows. I thought he knew what he was doing as he said he was a pionee ...
More questions for: Botox, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Botox and dry eye pain
(Posted by a 71 year old woman who has Painful Dry Eye At Night, and takes Botox, Metformin Hydrochloride)
I have severe dry eye, very painful at night, with gritty feeling 75% of the day. Drops such as gels, liquids, were used (Muro 128, genteal). Then switched to preservative free drops which have helped by 90%.
There is research about the injection of botox into crows feet and causing dry eye. Thi ...
More reviews for: Botox, Renal failure
- A study of side effects of Botox for a patient with Wrinkles - Aging Changes. The patient has Blood Pressure
Comments: I have taken botox a week ago. After that my blood pressure raised. Although I was taking blood pressure pill before it did not affect anymore and my blood pressure raised to 150/100 sometimes 160/100. I am consulting my doctor right now to take multiple blood pressure pills in or to lower my blood ...
- A study of drug interactions between Renvela, Cyclophosphamide, Prednisone, Keppra for a patient with Kidney Disease, Goodpasture Syndrome, Seizure - Generalized. The patient has White Blood Cell Count, High Blood Pressure, Brain Contusion, Brain Hemorrhage, Kidney Failure
Comments: Still fighting the disease. Also having muscle twitches and heart flutters.
- A study of side effects of Procardia Xl for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Kidney Failure (loss of kidney function)
Comments: Had to have 3 dialysis treatments.. Blood sugar went up here
- A study of side effects of Botox for a patient with Migraine. The patient has Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints)
Comments: I began to have muscle and joint pain and burning in muscles 1 month after my botox injection. I have a positive RA factor. It is now 5 months after botox injection and I am in severe pain.
- A study of drug interactions between Lupron, Zometa for a patient with Prostate Cancer Stage Iv, Prostate Cancer Metastatic. The patient has Renal Failure - Acute
Comments: My father received an infusion of zometa and a three month shot of Lupron, four days later he had renal failure and was put on dialysis.
More related studies for: Botox, Renal failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.