Review: could Botox cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Renal failure is found among people who take Botox, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tysabri, and have Bladder disorder.
We study 12,792 people who have side effects while taking Botox from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Botox and have Renal failure >>>
Botox has active ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. It is often used in aging changes in skin. (latest outcomes from Botox 12,976 users)
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.(latest reports from Renal failure 72,089 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 12,791 people reported to have side effects when taking Botox. Among them, 12 people (0.09%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Botox when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Botox * :
|Renal failure||41.67%||58.33% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Botox * :
|Renal failure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||0.00%||36.36%||45.45%||9.09% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Botox ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bladder disorder (4 people, 33.33%)
- Skin wrinkling (3 people, 25.00%)
- Hypotrichosis (3 people, 25.00%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (2 people, 16.67%)
- Progressive relapsing multiple sclerosis (2 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tysabri (4 people, 33.33%)
- Botox cosmetic (3 people, 25.00%)
- Lumigan (3 people, 25.00%)
- Norvasc (2 people, 16.67%)
- Toprol-xl (2 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Botox?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Botox and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Botox
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can you have botox injections in face when taking votrient
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Renal Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, and takes Botox Cosmetic)
I would like to know if anyone taking Votrient has had cosmetic Botox injections. If so have you had any reaction?
- Has anyone experienced getting perioral dermatitis after botox injections?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Perioral Dermatitis, and takes Botox)
Approx. 1 year ago perioral dermatitis on my face occured.
My skin was always very nice and quite resistant.
Never suffered from eczema, acne or anything like that.
When I tried to figure out the reason, the only thing, which comes on my mind is, I had had botox injections about month before my d ...
- Can botox for migraines cause sleep apnea?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Had Botox Injections For Migraine Relief, Now My Throat Is Closing Up While Sleeping, and takes Botox)
I had botox injections for non-stop migraines on Sept, 3rd. Last night(3 weeks later) my throat closed off completely while sleeping at least 3 times. This is the first round of botox, but my face swelled and I had itching sensations inside my nose and chest happened approx. 2 hours after the inject ...
- Creatinine rising on crestor & causing kidney failure (1 answer)
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Kidney Failure, and takes Crestor)
Husband been on Crestor for 3 years...Creatinine been increasing and he already is a diabetic and been watching his kidney function. Everything I read online points to the Crestor causing Kidney Failure but the doctors REFUSE to listen too us and now he is heading toward dialysis or a Kidney Transpl ...
- Can botox cause heart murmors
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Heart Flutters, and takes Botox Cosmetic)
I have started having heart flutters I may have had these befor I started using botox I also have underactive tyroids and i am on 25mg of tyroxine
More questions for: Botox, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects (1 response)
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Botox and dry eye pain
(Posted by a 71 year old woman who has Painful Dry Eye At Night, and takes Botox, Metformin Hydrochloride)
I have severe dry eye, very painful at night, with gritty feeling 75% of the day. Drops such as gels, liquids, were used (Muro 128, genteal). Then switched to preservative free drops which have helped by 90%.
There is research about the injection of botox into crows feet and causing dry eye. Thi ...
More reviews for: Botox, Renal failure
- A study of side effects of Botox for a patient with Wrinkles - Aging Changes. The patient has Blood Pressure
Comments: I have taken botox a week ago. After that my blood pressure raised. Although I was taking blood pressure pill before it did not affect anymore and my blood pressure raised to 150/100 sometimes 160/100. I am consulting my doctor right now to take multiple blood pressure pills in or to lower my blood ...
- A study of side effects of Botox for a patient with Wrinkles. The patient has Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus)
Comments: After botox got shingles (all three occasions, which were after the shingles shot) Prior to vaccine, I had botox injections for over 15 years and never contacted shingles. I directly the shingles with the botox injections after the shingles vaccine.
- A study of drug interactions between Retin-a, Silver, Nystatin, Clobetasol Propionate, Vanos, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Cardizem, Prednisone, Restasis, Lidocaine, Zyrtec, Flonase, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex HFA, Xopenex, Fioricet, Relpax, Botox, Lidoderm, Baclofen, Lansoprazole, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Singulair, Oxycodone, Enbrel, Aygestin for a patient with Acne, Wound, Thrush, Eczema, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Rheumatic Heart Disease, Dry Eye, Cervical Spondylosis, Allergies, Rhinitis Allergic, Asthma, Migraine With Aura, Musculoskeletal Pain, Muscle Spasms, Gerd, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Endometriosis. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased, Urine Output, Constipation, Shoulder Impingement Syndrome, Frozen Shoulder, Early Morning Awakening, Palpitations Aggravated, Sleepy, Sleep Paralysis - Isolated, Confusion, Sensitivity To The Cold, Drowsiness, Muscle Fatigue, Cramps - Muscle, Pain - Muscles, Muscular Weakness, Eye Pain, Vision Blurred, Night Sweats, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Pain - Neck, Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Increased Intracranial Pressure, Headache, Heart Rate Increased, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Blood Pressure Increased
Comments: Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneu ...
- A study of drug interactions between Chlorhexidine Gluconate, Cymbalta, Lyrica, Ambien, Metoprolol Tartrate, Crestor, Prilosec, Robaxin-750, Vicoprofen for a patient with Post-operative Wound Infection, Radicular Pain, Neuropathic Pain, Insomnia, Hypertension, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Acid Reflux, Muscle Spasms, Chronic Pain. The patient has Confusion, Renal Failure - Acute, Vomiting Post-operative
Comments: I suffered Renal failure following oral surgery. Had teeth (all) removed due to dry mouth syndrome, and titanium studs (2) placed in lower jaw for dentures.
The Oral surg. prescribed Chlorhexidine Gluconate following surgery.
Approx. 2 weeks after surgery I had to be transported to Hospital by a ...
- A study of side effects of Ritalin for a patient with ADHD. The patient has Kidney Failure (loss of kidney function), Impotence And Age
Comments: I took this drug for a brief time in the second grade. Very soon I started having headaches, water retention, etc. I was taken to the hospital and was in there a week recovering from near kidney failure. Starting in my teen years to the present time I have trouble achieving and maintaining a erectio ...
More related studies for: Botox, Renal failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.