Review: could Botox cause Rsd (Complex regional pain syndrome)?
Summary: Rsd is reported only by a few people who take Botox.
We study 12,792 people who have side effects while taking Botox from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Rsd. Find out below who they are, when they have Rsd and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Botox and have Rsd >>>
Botox has active ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. It is often used in aging changes in skin. (latest outcomes from Botox 12,976 users)
Rsd (reflex sympathetic dystrophy) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, complex regional pain syndrome, osteopenia, depression.(latest reports from Rsd 2,121 patients)
On Dec, 7, 2014: 12,792 people reported to have side effects when taking Botox. Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Rsd.
Time on Botox when people have Rsd * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Rsd when taking Botox * :
Age of people who have Rsd when taking Botox * :
Severity of Rsd when taking Botox ** :
How people recovered from Rsd ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Skin wrinkling (2 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamins (2 people, 100.00%)
- Botox cosmetic (2 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Rsd while taking Botox?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Botox and have Rsd
- support group for people who take Botox
- support group for people who have Rsd
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can you have botox injections in face when taking votrient
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Renal Cell Carcinoma Stage Iv, and takes Botox Cosmetic)
I would like to know if anyone taking Votrient has had cosmetic Botox injections. If so have you had any reaction?
- Has anyone experienced getting perioral dermatitis after botox injections?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Perioral Dermatitis, and takes Botox)
Approx. 1 year ago perioral dermatitis on my face occured.
My skin was always very nice and quite resistant.
Never suffered from eczema, acne or anything like that.
When I tried to figure out the reason, the only thing, which comes on my mind is, I had had botox injections about month before my dermatitis started. Has anyone experienced sth similar? Thanks Adela
- Can botox for migraines cause sleep apnea?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Had Botox Injections For Migraine Relief, Now My Throat Is Closing Up While Sleeping, and takes Botox)
I had botox injections for non-stop migraines on Sept, 3rd. Last night(3 weeks later) my throat closed off completely while sleeping at least 3 times. This is the first round of botox, but my face swelled and I had itching sensations inside my nose and chest happened approx. 2 hours after the injections. It feels like there is a flap in my throat that is closing off my air and I have to cough and gasp to get air. Anybody else have this problem?
The doctor only injected the side of my head that the migraines are occurring, he put 2 or 3 injections in the back of my head, close to the bottom of head.
The doctor thinks it is unrelated to the injections, but why is it happening now and not any time before the injections?
- What can you do about the heat intolerance with crps? i'm always way too warm.
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has CRPS, RSD)
I am always way too warm. My family is freezing! I currently have a pain stimulator. I'm taking medications mainly antidepressants and Neurontin. I need guidance, is there a medication that might help?
- Can botox cause heart murmors
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Heart Flutters, and takes Botox Cosmetic)
I have started having heart flutters I may have had these befor I started using botox I also have underactive tyroids and i am on 25mg of tyroxine
More questions for: Botox, Rsd
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hair loss with miralax
(Posted by a 53 year old woman who has Pain Management, CRPS, and takes Miralax)
My hair started thinning out probably within a few weeks of starting Miralax on a daily basis. I continued taking it for approximately 6 months never thinking it was the Miralax. It being the only new drug I had been on, I looked on-line and immediately stopped taking it after seeing the side effects of hair loss approximately 3 days ago. So I have no long-term recovery to report as far as return of hair growth. I am keeping my fingers crossed and am already on vitamin supplements...B complex, multi vit, calcium and d. I did start on vit E in hopes that would help.
- Botox and dry eye pain
(Posted by a 71 year old woman who has Painful Dry Eye At Night, and takes Botox, Metformin Hydrochloride)
I have severe dry eye, very painful at night, with gritty feeling 75% of the day. Drops such as gels, liquids, were used (Muro 128, genteal). Then switched to preservative free drops which have helped by 90%.
There is research about the injection of botox into crows feet and causing dry eye. This may be reversible and I am waiting to see whether the problem subsides and my condition returns to normal. I also have the feeling that my lids have slackened and are not fitting together closely. This is another effect of botox around the eye socket, in crows feet and centrally under the lower lid.
More reviews for: Botox, Rsd
- A study of side effects of Botox for a patient with Wrinkles - Aging Changes. The patient has Blood Pressure
Comments: I have taken botox a week ago. After that my blood pressure raised. Although I was taking blood pressure pill before it did not affect anymore and my blood pressure raised to 150/100 sometimes 160/100. I am consulting my doctor right now to take multiple blood pressure pills in or to lower my blood ...
- A study of side effects of Botox for a patient with Wrinkles. The patient has Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus)
Comments: After botox got shingles (all three occasions, which were after the shingles shot) Prior to vaccine, I had botox injections for over 15 years and never contacted shingles. I directly the shingles with the botox injections after the shingles vaccine.
- A study of drug interactions between Retin-a, Silver, Nystatin, Clobetasol Propionate, Vanos, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Cardizem, Prednisone, Restasis, Lidocaine, Zyrtec, Flonase, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex HFA, Xopenex, Fioricet, Relpax, Botox, Lidoderm, Baclofen, Lansoprazole, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Singulair, Oxycodone, Enbrel, Aygestin for a patient with Acne, Wound, Thrush, Eczema, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Rheumatic Heart Disease, Dry Eye, Cervical Spondylosis, Allergies, Rhinitis Allergic, Asthma, Migraine With Aura, Musculoskeletal Pain, Muscle Spasms, Gerd, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Endometriosis. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased, Urine Output, Constipation, Shoulder Impingement Syndrome, Frozen Shoulder, Early Morning Awakening, Palpitations Aggravated, Sleepy, Sleep Paralysis - Isolated, Confusion, Sensitivity To The Cold, Drowsiness, Muscle Fatigue, Cramps - Muscle, Pain - Muscles, Muscular Weakness, Eye Pain, Vision Blurred, Night Sweats, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Pain - Neck, Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Increased Intracranial Pressure, Headache, Heart Rate Increased, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Blood Pressure Increased
Comments: Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneu ...
- A study of drug interactions between Botox, Klonopin for a patient with Cervical Dysplasia, Anxiety.
Comments: I would like to know what is causing ringing in ears. I take injections of Botox every 3 months for cervical dystonia. I also took Klonopin for 5 years for anxiety and depression. I have been trying to stop Klonopin. I now only take 1 miligram every other day. The ringing in the ears started 3 weeks ...
- A study of side effects of Botox Cosmetic for a patient with Wrinkles - Aging Changes. The patient has Hair Becoming Thin Within The Hair Strand - Hair Loss
Comments: All of a sudden 1 month after last treatment the hair strands themselves became thin and fragile - hair looked like a seventy year old woman - it also started to fall. I have taken vitanibs - done hair treatments but hair still thin. There was also a lot of hair loss mainly in the lower back of the ...
More related studies for: Botox, Rsd
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.