Home > Botox > Spinal osteoarthritis > Botox and Spinal osteoarthritis
Review: could Botox cause Spinal osteoarthritis?
Summary: Spinal osteoarthritis is found among people who take Botox, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, also take medication Tamoxifen citrate, and have Pain.
We study 12,791 people who have side effects while taking Botox from FDA and social media. Among them, 25 have Spinal osteoarthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Spinal osteoarthritis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Botox and have Spinal osteoarthritis >>>
Botox (latest outcomes from 12,976 users) has active ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. It is often used in aging changes in skin.
Spinal osteoarthritis (joint cartilage loss in spine) (latest reports from 8,855 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, pain.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 12,791 people reported to have side effects when taking Botox. Among them, 25 people (0.20%) have Spinal Osteoarthritis.
Time on Botox when people have Spinal osteoarthritis * :
Gender of people who have Spinal osteoarthritis when taking Botox * :
|Spinal osteoarthritis||96.15%||3.85% |
Age of people who have Spinal osteoarthritis when taking Botox * :
|Spinal osteoarthritis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.00%||44.00%||36.00%||16.00% |
Severity of Spinal osteoarthritis when taking Botox ** :
How people recovered from Spinal osteoarthritis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (12 people, 48.00%)
- Neoplasm malignant (11 people, 44.00%)
- Depression (11 people, 44.00%)
- Pain in jaw (11 people, 44.00%)
- Relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (5 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Tamoxifen citrate (14 people, 56.00%)
- Peridex (14 people, 56.00%)
- Zometa (14 people, 56.00%)
- Clindamycin (14 people, 56.00%)
- Levaquin (13 people, 52.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Spinal Osteoarthritis while taking Botox?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Botox and have Spinal Osteoarthritis
- support group for people who take Botox
- support group for people who have Spinal Osteoarthritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can botox for migraines cause sleep apnea?
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Had Botox Injections For Migraine Relief, Now My Throat Is Closing Up While Sleeping, and takes Botox)
I had botox injections for non-stop migraines on Sept, 3rd. Last night(3 weeks later) my throat closed off completely while sleeping at least 3 times. This is the first round of botox, but my face swelled and I had itching sensations inside my nose and chest happened approx. 2 hours after the inject ...
- Can botox cause heart murmors
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Heart Flutters, and takes Botox Cosmetic)
I have started having heart flutters I may have had these befor I started using botox I also have underactive tyroids and i am on 25mg of tyroxine
- Has anyone besides me have blepharospasm after trigeminal neurology sugery
(Asked by a 67 year old woman who has Blepharospasm, Trigeminal Neuralgia, and takes Botox, Tegretol)
After Gamma Knife surgery for Trigeminal Neurology(a nerve problem) I later(4 years) was diagnosed with Blepharospasm/Meige Syndrome. Botox injections have been less than effective. Then I recently had Trigeminal Cyber Knife surgery on the other side of my face and still have nerve sensations on t ...
- Will my osteoarthritis lead to some sort of paralysis and if so, when?
(Asked by a 42 year old woman who has Spinal Osteoarthritis)
I am a 42 yr old female. I have spinal osteoarthritis and degenerative disc disease. I had an ACDF (C5-C7) in November of 2007 due to cervical myelopathy. I have disc bulges and protrusions throughout my entire spine. In 2008 I ruptured a disc in my lumbar spine and I was unable to walk for 4 da ...
- For those who have hair loss after botox, female, in your 50's, has it returned?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Alarming Hair Loss Approximately 3-4 Weeks After Botox Injected, and takes Botox Cosmetic)
I have been using Botox between my eyebrows for about 6 years. The last injection was June 20, 2013. The doctor was one I never had and proceeded to inject into the top half of my forehead unlike other injections between the eyebrows. I thought he knew what he was doing as he said he was a pionee ...
More questions for: Botox, Spinal osteoarthritis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Botox and dry eye pain
(Posted by a 71 year old woman who has Painful Dry Eye At Night, and takes Botox, Metformin Hydrochloride)
I have severe dry eye, very painful at night, with gritty feeling 75% of the day. Drops such as gels, liquids, were used (Muro 128, genteal). Then switched to preservative free drops which have helped by 90%.
There is research about the injection of botox into crows feet and causing dry eye. Thi ...
More reviews for: Botox, Spinal osteoarthritis
- A study of side effects of Botox for a patient with Wrinkles - Aging Changes. The patient has Blood Pressure
Comments: I have taken botox a week ago. After that my blood pressure raised. Although I was taking blood pressure pill before it did not affect anymore and my blood pressure raised to 150/100 sometimes 160/100. I am consulting my doctor right now to take multiple blood pressure pills in or to lower my blood ...
- A study of side effects of Botox for a patient with Wrinkles. The patient has Shingles (a painful, contagious rash caused by the chickenpox virus)
Comments: After botox got shingles (all three occasions, which were after the shingles shot) Prior to vaccine, I had botox injections for over 15 years and never contacted shingles. I directly the shingles with the botox injections after the shingles vaccine.
- A study of drug interactions between Retin-a, Silver, Nystatin, Clobetasol Propionate, Vanos, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Cardizem, Prednisone, Restasis, Lidocaine, Zyrtec, Flonase, Ipratropium Bromide, Xopenex HFA, Xopenex, Fioricet, Relpax, Botox, Lidoderm, Baclofen, Lansoprazole, Advair Diskus 500/50, Symbicort, Singulair, Oxycodone, Enbrel, Aygestin for a patient with Acne, Wound, Thrush, Eczema, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Rheumatic Heart Disease, Dry Eye, Cervical Spondylosis, Allergies, Rhinitis Allergic, Asthma, Migraine With Aura, Musculoskeletal Pain, Muscle Spasms, Gerd, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Endometriosis. The patient has Urine Flow Decreased, Urine Output, Constipation, Shoulder Impingement Syndrome, Frozen Shoulder, Early Morning Awakening, Palpitations Aggravated, Sleepy, Sleep Paralysis - Isolated, Confusion, Sensitivity To The Cold, Drowsiness, Muscle Fatigue, Cramps - Muscle, Pain - Muscles, Muscular Weakness, Eye Pain, Vision Blurred, Night Sweats, Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Pain - Neck, Blood Pressure Diastolic Increased, Increased Intracranial Pressure, Headache, Heart Rate Increased, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Blood Pressure Increased
Comments: Healed joint and soft tissue injuries (PID) return with increased pain and swelling. Pressure changes with position. Frequency and intensity of migraines increased with pressure symptoms. Genetic connective tissue disorder - Ehler Danlos Syndrome. Cardiac arrhythmia. History of rheumatic fever, pneu ...
- A study of drug interactions between Botox, Klonopin for a patient with Cervical Dysplasia, Anxiety. The patient has
Comments: I would like to know what is causing ringing in ears. I take injections of Botox every 3 months for cervical dystonia. I also took Klonopin for 5 years for anxiety and depression. I have been trying to stop Klonopin. I now only take 1 miligram every other day. The ringing in the ears started 3 weeks ...
- A study of side effects of Botox Cosmetic for a patient with Wrinkles - Aging Changes. The patient has Hair Becoming Thin Within The Hair Strand - Hair Loss
Comments: All of a sudden 1 month after last treatment the hair strands themselves became thin and fragile - hair looked like a seventy year old woman - it also started to fall. I have taken vitanibs - done hair treatments but hair still thin. There was also a lot of hair loss mainly in the lower back of the ...
More related studies for: Botox, Spinal osteoarthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.