Review: could Botox cause Weight gain - unintentional (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain - unintentional is found among people who take Botox, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Torticollis.
We study 12,802 people who have side effects while taking Botox from FDA and social media. Among them, 20 have Weight gain - unintentional. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain - unintentional and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Botox and have Weight gain - unintentional >>>
Botox has active ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. It is often used in wrinkles. (latest outcomes from 12,989 Botox users)
Weight gain - unintentional
Weight gain - unintentional has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,697 Weight gain - unintentional patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 12,802 people reported to have side effects when taking Botox. Among them, 20 people (0.16%) have Weight Gain - Unintentional.
Time on Botox when people have Weight gain - unintentional * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain - unintentional||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain - unintentional when taking Botox * :
|Weight gain - unintentional||82.05%||17.95% |
Age of people who have Weight gain - unintentional when taking Botox * :
|Weight gain - unintentional||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||37.84%||27.03%||8.11%||27.03% |
Severity of Weight gain - unintentional when taking Botox ** :
How people recovered from Weight gain - unintentional ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Torticollis (20 people, 100.00%)
- Headache (16 people, 80.00%)
- Pain (14 people, 70.00%)
- Musculoskeletal pain (12 people, 60.00%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (12 people, 60.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (14 people, 70.00%)
- Nexium (13 people, 65.00%)
- Prednisone (13 people, 65.00%)
- Allegra (13 people, 65.00%)
- Topamax (13 people, 65.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of botox and weight gain - unintentional on
Do you have Weight Gain - Unintentional while taking Botox?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Botox and have Weight Gain - Unintentional
- support group for people who take Botox
- support group for people who have Weight Gain - Unintentional
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Simvastatin, Hydroxyzine, Effexor Xr for a 36-year old woman with Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Effexor for a 45-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Seroquel for a 40-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Vesicare for a 36-year old woman with Overactive Bladder. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine Besylate for a 51-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Loss Of Libido, Weight Gain, Supraventricular Tachycardia, Tired Eyes, Red Eyes, Dry Eyes, Glaucoma, Blurred Vision, Watery Eyes
Recent Botox related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Botox, Lyrica for a 41-year old woman who has Facet Joint Syndrome
- Comparions of Abilify, Prozac, Zoloft, Escitalopram Oxalate, Botox Cosmetic for a 41-year old woman who has Major Depressive Disorder
- Comparions of Botox Cosmetic, Fluoxetine for a 47-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Botox, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Artane, Ativan for a 43-year old woman who has Dystonia
- Comparions of Lopressor, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Maxalt-mlt, Ambien, Botox for a 59-year old woman who has Migraine Without Aura
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.