Home > Bumex > Metabolic acidosis > Bumex and Metabolic acidosis
Review: could Bumex cause Metabolic acidosis?
Summary: Metabolic acidosis is found among people who take Bumex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Potassium chloride, and have Diabetes mellitus.
We study 3,995 people who have side effects while taking Bumex from FDA and social media. Among them, 20 have Metabolic acidosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Metabolic acidosis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Bumex and have Metabolic acidosis >>>
Bumex (latest outcomes from 4,033 users) has active ingredients of bumetanide. It is often used in fluid retention.
Metabolic acidosis (body produces too much acid, or when the kidneys are not removing enough acid from the body) (latest reports from 73,371 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, hiv infection, diabetes, depression.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 3,995 people reported to have side effects when taking Bumex. Among them, 20 people (0.50%) have Metabolic Acidosis.
Time on Bumex when people have Metabolic acidosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Metabolic acidosis||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Metabolic acidosis when taking Bumex * :
|Metabolic acidosis||70.00%||30.00% |
Age of people who have Metabolic acidosis when taking Bumex * :
|Metabolic acidosis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||20.00%||60.00% |
Severity of Metabolic acidosis when taking Bumex ** :
How people recovered from Metabolic acidosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 15.00%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (2 people, 10.00%)
- Fluid overload (1 people, 5.00%)
- Abdominal discomfort (1 people, 5.00%)
- Fungal infection (1 people, 5.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Potassium chloride (7 people, 35.00%)
- Glucophage (6 people, 30.00%)
- Heparin (4 people, 20.00%)
- Aspirin (4 people, 20.00%)
- Coumadin (4 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Metabolic Acidosis while taking Bumex?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Bumex and have Metabolic Acidosis
- support group for people who take Bumex
- support group for people who have Metabolic Acidosis
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can bumetanide and azor cause irregular heart beat?
(Asked by a 65 year old man who has Feeling Of Fluttering In Chest/Low Resting Pulse, and takes Azor, Bumetanide)
I have been taking medications for hypertension for many years as listed, the most recent is Bumetanide since July,2013. For last week I have begun to experience irregular heart beats from time to time.Went to doctor explained my symptom, she did an EKG and found my pulse at 47. It usually at rest r ...
- My doctor has me on hydrochlorothiaziide and bumex. is it necessary to be on both when they do the same thing?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Osteoporosis, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Gabapentin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Bumex)
I am controlling high blood pressure by having lost weight. I no longer take a blood pressure pill.
- My husband had dorr proc. and cabgx5 3 months ago and has had 2 gi bleeds and sever dull upper stomach pain since. could it be acetylcholine? just trying to find some answers and appreciate your help.
(Asked by a 53 year old man who has Congestive Heart Failure, and takes Bumex)
He has had an MI in left vent, hypertension, hyperlipidemia
More questions for: Bumex, Metabolic acidosis
More reviews for: Bumex, Metabolic acidosis
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Bumetanide, Zolpidem Tatrate, Soma, Percocet, Vitamin D, Gabapentin, Lexapro, Folic Acid, Dexilant, Atorvastatin Calcium, Lyrica, Xarelto for a patient with Insomnia, Edema, Muscle Spasticity, Pain, Deficiency - Vitamin D, Nerve Injury, Depression, Unknown, Acid Reflux, Cholesteatoma, Fibromyalgia, Emboli. The patient has
Comments: Taking xarelto after knee surgery yesterday. Foot is now swollen on that leg and would like to know if I can take the bumetanide while taking xarelto.
- A study of drug interactions between Baby Aspirin, Fish Oil, Nexium, Bumex, Uloric, Doxazosin Mesylate, Metoprolol Succinate, Magnesium Oxide, Glipizide, Januvia, Crestor, Zemplar for a patient with Heart Attack, Heart Mri, Acid Reflux, Fluid Retention, Uric Acid, High Blood Pressure, Low Blood Magnesium, Diastolic Dysfunction, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, Kidney Disease. The patient has Cluster Headaches, Chronic Kidney Failure, Passed Out, Can't Lie Down To Sleep, Aches - Leg, Lightheadedness - Dizzy, Dizziness, Lack Of Strength, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Shortness Of Breath, Oxygen Levels Dropping
Comments: Kidney function is worsening.
- A study of drug interactions between Bumetanide, Lyrica, Carvedilol for a patient with Edema, Neuropathy, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pitting Oedema
Comments: Legs and feet swelling more after taking these meds.
- A study of drug interactions between Benlysta, Prednisone, Plaquenil, Cellcept, Cymbalta, Nuvigil, Synthroid, Bumex, Spiriva, Symbicort for a patient with Lupus, Weight Gain, Edema - Peripheral, Peripheral Edema, Copd. The patient has
Comments: I was on plaquenil and prednisone, then on cellcept and now am on benlysta, not on all at once
- A study of drug interactions between Lidocaine, Locoid Lipocream, Ketoconazole, Cetirizine Hydrochloride, Cyanocobalamin, Nitrostat, Tramadol, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Ciprofloxacin, Aspirin, Humulin R, Glimepiride, Bumetanide, Klor-con M10, Clopidogrel Bisulfate, Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Numbness And Tingling, Skin Tags, Ingrown Toenail, Allergies, Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Heart Disease, Pain Of Skin, High Blood Pressure, Type 2 Diabetes, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Muscle Cramps, Hypotension. The patient has Hidradenitis Suppurativa, Epidermoid Cyst, Insulin Resistant Diabetes, Angina Unstable
Comments: I had open heart surgery on 05-23-2013 5 bypass
More related studies for: Bumex, Metabolic acidosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.