Review: could Bupropion hydrochloride cause Irritability?
Summary: Irritability is found among people who take Bupropion hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Clonazepam, and have Depression.
We study 5,544 people who have side effects while taking Bupropion hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 98 have Irritability. Find out below who they are, when they have Irritability and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bupropion hydrochloride and have Irritability >>>
Bupropion hydrochloride has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 6,767 Bupropion hydrochloride users)
Irritability has been reported by people with depression, quit smoking, pain, stress and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. (latest reports from 23,595 Irritability patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 5,535 people reported to have side effects when taking Bupropion hydrochloride. Among them, 98 people (1.77%) have Irritability.
Time on Bupropion hydrochloride when people have Irritability * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Irritability when taking Bupropion hydrochloride * :
Severity of Irritability when taking Bupropion hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Irritability ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (44 people, 44.90%)
- Bipolar disorder (16 people, 16.33%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (7 people, 7.14%)
- Anxiety (6 people, 6.12%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (3 people, 3.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Clonazepam (16 people, 16.33%)
- Neurontin (11 people, 11.22%)
- Paxil (10 people, 10.20%)
- Lamotrigine (10 people, 10.20%)
- Lithium carbonate (8 people, 8.16%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of bupropion hydrochloride and irritability on
Do you have Irritability while taking Bupropion Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Bupropion hydrochloride and have Irritability
- support group for people who take Bupropion hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Irritability
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Wellbutrin for a 29-year old woman with Chronic Depression. The patient has Fluid Retention
- A study of drug interactions between Ibuprofen, Vascepa, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Acetazolamide for a 62-year old woman with Headache, High Blood Cholesterol, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Anxiety, Pseudotumor Cerebri. The patient has Hdl/cholesterol Ratio Decreased, Blood Triglycerides Increased, Hypercholesterolemia
- A study of drug interactions between Effexor Xr, Wellbutrin, Buspirone Hcl for a 54-year old woman with GAD, Gad.
- A study of drug interactions between Escitalopram, Wellbutrin Xl for a 38-year old woman with Chronic Depression. The patient has Rosacea, Psoriasis
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 29-year old woman with Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, Depression.
Recent Bupropion hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Adderall, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin, Lexapro for a 29-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Brintellix, Remeron, Wellbutrin Xl, Lexapro, Paxil for a 40-year old man who has Depression
- Comparions of Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Quetiapine Fumarate, Rozerem, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Vivitrol for a 42-year old woman who has Overweight
- Comparions of Percocet, Wellbutrin Sr for a 43-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Alli, Wellbutrin Xl for a 45-year old woman who has Weight Loss
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.