Review: could Bupropion cause Muscle pain?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 8, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.0/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 5,345 people who take Bupropion. Among them, 51 have Muscle pain. See who they are, when they have Muscle pain and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Bupropion hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 6,355 users) has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression, stress and anxiety. Commonly reported side effects of Bupropion hydrochloride include depression, depression aggravated, nausea, nausea aggravated, stress and anxiety.
Muscle pain (muscle pain) (latest reports from 495,428 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis.
On Mar, 1, 2014: 5,147 people reported to have side effects when taking Bupropion hydrochloride. Among them, 51 people (0.99%) have Muscle Pain.
Time on Bupropion hydrochloride when people have Muscle pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle pain||56.25%||6.25%||0.00%||6.25%||12.50%||12.50%||6.25% |
Age of people who have Muscle pain when taking Bupropion hydrochloride * :
|Muscle pain||0.00%||2.13%||4.26%||8.51%||10.64%||17.02%||23.40%||34.04% |
Severity of Muscle pain when taking Bupropion hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle pain||28.57%||42.86%||28.57%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (22 people, 43.14%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (7 people, 13.73%)
- Bipolar disorder (4 people, 7.84%)
- Blood pressure (3 people, 5.88%)
- Ill-defined disorder (3 people, 5.88%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (9 people, 17.65%)
- Lisinopril (7 people, 13.73%)
- Alprazolam (6 people, 11.76%)
- Lorazepam (5 people, 9.80%)
- Simvastatin (5 people, 9.80%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Bupropion hydrochloride, Muscle pain
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Bupropion Hydrochloride (bupropion hydrochloride) is often used for depression. Find out below the conditions Bupropion Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Bupropion Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Bupropion hydrochloride side effects from A to Z:
Browse Bupropion hydrochloride drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
Diagnosed with clinical depression for the last 3 years, finally see positive results but having side effects. Not taking antidepressant for 2 years the fibromyalgia pain and symptoms gone. Symptoms have returned in the last two weeks from pain, sleepless night. Two to four hours of sleep. Constant pain on the level of 7. Scale of 1 to 10 Fatigue constantly.
From this study (5 months ago):
I have a colostomy, hypertension, hypothroidism, weakened immune system, chronic depression, renal failure - stage 2, liver disease, arthritis, and fybromyalgia.
I have been cold for two days, ache in my back and liver, neck is stiff, throat is sore, body temp is 96.3, b/P is 151/101, pulse is 86. Do I have pneumonia?
From this study (2 years ago):
one month after starting celexa i have severe sore shoulders, upper arms,hands and wrists. when i started celexa i started withdrawing the effexor i had been taking for many years.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Bupropion hydrochloride, Muscle pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Behind ear itch pain
I have been on Wellbutrin for almost 2 years now. Of late I suddenly started to get a heavy burn like itchy feeling behind both my ears. Looking for advice what to do as I am currently using nivia cream.
- Side effects of ziban after head trauma
I was prescribed Zyban to help me stop smoking, three months after taking this medication I was taken very ill, I woke up in the morning feeling like another person, I had everything from altered perception, total balance frailer, above & below double vision. I could not get out of bed for three wee ...
- Skin burning sensation with delsym
I had been sick for about a week and had been taking Sudafed every 4-6 hours for congestion for the past couple of days. I also take wellbutrin SR daily as an antidepressant. I started taking the suspension formula of Delsym 12 hour release about 24 hours previously (so I had already had two doses ...
More reviews for: Bupropion hydrochloride, Muscle pain
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, 5 HTP, Passionflower, Valerian, GABA, Unisom, Wellbutrin Xl, Prozac for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Depression. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome (Restless leg syndrome), Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Muscle Pain (Muscle aches), Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type (Sleep disorder)
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Vitamin D, Ondansetron, Senna, B-12, Gabapentin, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Lorazepam for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Deficiency - Vitamin K, Nausea, Constipation, Fatigue - Chronic, Fibromyalgia, Depression, High Blood Pressure, Anxiety. The patient has Hair Loss, Chills, Vision Blurred, Confusion, Body Temperature, Muscle Aches, Fatigue - Chronic (Chronic fatigue syndrome), Liver Tenderness, Kidney Disease, Dizziness, Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Wellbutrin Xl, Celexa, Levothroid, Cytomel, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Ambien for a patient with Depression, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Pressure, Insomnia. The patient has Muscle Pain (Muscle aches), Frequent Headaches (Headache)
More related studies for: Bupropion hydrochloride, Muscle pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.