Review: could Bupropion hydrochloride cause Sleepy (Drowsiness)?
Summary: Sleepy is found among people who take Bupropion hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Levothyroxine sodium, and have Depression.
We study 5,535 people who have side effects while taking Bupropion hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 105 have Sleepy. Find out below who they are, when they have Sleepy and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Bupropion hydrochloride and have Sleepy >>>
Bupropion hydrochloride has active ingredients of bupropion hydrochloride. It is often used in depression. (latest outcomes from 6,755 Bupropion hydrochloride users)
Sleepy has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 69,922 Sleepy patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 5,535 people reported to have side effects when taking Bupropion hydrochloride. Among them, 105 people (1.90%) have Sleepy.
Time on Bupropion hydrochloride when people have Sleepy * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Sleepy when taking Bupropion hydrochloride * :
Severity of Sleepy when taking Bupropion hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Sleepy ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (36 people, 34.29%)
- Bipolar disorder (14 people, 13.33%)
- Hypertension (8 people, 7.62%)
- Narcolepsy (7 people, 6.67%)
- Pain (6 people, 5.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levothyroxine sodium (18 people, 17.14%)
- Omeprazole (18 people, 17.14%)
- Neurontin (15 people, 14.29%)
- Celebrex (15 people, 14.29%)
- Lithium carbonate (14 people, 13.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sleepy while taking Bupropion Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Bupropion hydrochloride and have Sleepy
- support group for people who take Bupropion hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Sleepy
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin La, Baclofen for a 67-year old woman with Sleepiness - During The Day, Alcohol Abuse. The patient has Sleepiness - During The Day
- A study of drug interactions between Klonopin, Wellbutrin Xl, Effexor Xr for a 56-year old woman with Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Increased Tendency To Bruise
- A study of drug interactions between Carvedilol, Metformin, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 69-year old woman with Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes, Depression. The patient has Swollen Lips
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Vytorin, Benicar, Viagra for a 68-year old man with Depression, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Ed. The patient has Vitreous Detachment, Retinal Tear
- A study of drug interactions between Robaxin, Cymbalta, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Wellbutrin Sr, Paxil, Suboxone for a 33-year old woman with Pain - Muscles, Ocd, Anxiety And Stress, Nerve Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Anxiety Disorder, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Bone And Joint Pain, Cellulitis, Nerve Pain, Muscle Pain
Recent Bupropion hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Grapefruit Seed Extract, Wellbutrin Xl for a 28-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of Singulair, Ativan, Wellbutrin Sr, Celebrex, Claritin for a 44-year old woman who has Chronic Thyroiditis
- Comparions of Estradiol, Probiotics, Wellbutrin for a 62-year old woman who has ADD
- Comparions of Wellbutrin, Buspar, Lamictal for a 25-year old woman who has Bipolar
- Comparions of Viibryd, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 39-year old woman who has Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.